MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-18-2009, 03:09 PM

Hello, and welcome to my rating thread! I'm not really the best rater out there, but I can sure give rating a shot. Usually I just have my avatars rated and then get on with my life. I think I'd like to give the other side a try!

I will be rating on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the best, 1 being the lowest. I tend to be picky but please don't let that scare you off D8
Please tell me if you're more interested in layering/color-matching or theme, or both!

Please don't change before I've rated you, or if you do, save your avi on an image-hosting website. If you just link me to your avi's URL, it will change when you change, so that's totally not helpful 8'D;

So, let's get to posting!

(Oh, and feel free to rate my avi, if you feel like it)

MARCH 23RD, 2010:My major arm pain has gone away, but morning stupidity lead me to crushing my left thumb with a fully shut car door. And when I say full, you wouldn't know that my finger was between the car and the door except that it really, really hurt. lol. Either way, The major pain is gone and I can type just fine. So I can go back to rating now :')

Last edited by MurasakiCrown; 03-23-2010 at 03:18 PM..

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 02-18-2009, 03:53 PM

May I just say that your avatar looks fabulous?
Mine isn't altogether inkeeping with the AC philosophy ("Lotsa colours, lotsa layers, and ya better match or I'll come after ya with shears") but I like it nonetheless. xD

What do you think of my King?
I want to resemble this guy:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...11_228x335.jpg

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-18-2009, 04:01 PM

Oh, thank you! I'm assuming you're going for a darker version, then?

I'd say use darker pants, maybe Black riding pants? They look a bit more old-fashioned, and I think they would look better with the shoes and hair. The coat fits the theme pretty well so the fact that it doesn't match doesn't really bother me.

You do need some warm colors near the bottom of your avi, so maybe just some gold anklets? Right now I don't care much for the lower half of the avi because the top is so overpowering. Even when the avi isn't meant to match, the eye should be drawn around the whole thing.

6.5/10

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 02-18-2009, 04:27 PM

NumNum has a rating thread now? =O Yay! I can be on the first page! xDD;; <3<3

Umm... not sure what I think of this avatar myself, but feel free to rate it? :3 <3 I know you don't like the black hints, but maybe you could suggest a small black head item for my head if possible too? :3 I think I need a black accent way up above. ^^;; <3

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-18-2009, 04:27 PM

I would like to be rated, please.
You may notice my piggies are showing. But it's like a slumber party around here, so I figured no shoes were really needed. Although, I suppose you're still able to make comment on that if you'd like, haha.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-18-2009, 05:04 PM

Lynne:. Yup >w<

The avatar actually looks a bit too busy. It's probably not the amount of items, but the size of them. It interrupts the flow and is a bit too confusing. I'd remove the puddle, as a start. I'm also not sure about the water sash. It tends to be overpowering in any avatar. To balance it out, a good chunk of your items would have to be blue, and relatively large. The legwarmers match the hair well, but they look funny with the anklets. Even if ankle-socks are a bit lighter, they'd look less awkward. There are very few small black items for the head, especially with the tiny amounts of black you have on at the moment. Almost anything black will end up standing out. As it is now, the black in your avi isn't assertive enough. It stands somewhere in between "random" and "I want it here but don't have enough of it yet". The pure hatred hairclip is small enough, but it has red in it, so that's a no go. You could try a bandana, but I don't think it goes with the theme. The Black Ladyship hat has a touch of gold on it which is a bit darker than your avi, but golds can be a bit more flexible. It's a bit big, though..

So... find a way to bring more blue into your avi that isn't just the water sash, bring more black in or take it out. No leg-warmers. Play with sock/legging layers. Oh, and no puddles XD

Good color sheme, relatively good balance, needs better flow.
7/10

Jennifer:. Your piggies look cute! X'D
For you I'd say KEEP the legwarmers. That pin is hard to match. I'd add some black leggings, the ones with the hole at the toes, I forgot what they're called.. XD bitter something or other. Or hatred something or other @_@; Extremely unhelpful, yes? They'll create a contrast between your shorts and legs, and still keep your piggies showing >w< I like the hair matching the teddy~

You do need more blue than just the eyes though, and since you want to go shoe-less, my only other suggestion would be socks. You also need some of that evil pink/red near your middle. That could be hard @_@;

Not sure I'm digging the EI/EC combo, since so many people are using the same theme, basically (sleepy person with plushie, blanket, and pillow). Good start, needs work.
6.5/10

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:10 PM

Thank you very much! I will definitely take your suggestions into account. :)

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-18-2009, 05:12 PM

You're welcome!

I'll probably be getting harsher as the rates move along. 8'D Right now I think I'm pretty tentative >w<

clock
tick tock

Old 02-18-2009, 05:15 PM

Please rate me, Great Purple One? x3

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-18-2009, 05:35 PM

OMG It's the queen! *bows* LOL

Awesome layering and balance, but the blue in the crown is driving me INSANE. *twitch* You have strong shades of green, deep shades of red, but the blue is so soft and it doesn't match anything else D8; 9/10

clock
tick tock

Old 02-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Haha, thankies~ That's the only thing that bothers me too; those little blue circles *---* But I like the crown look and can't think of what else to put up there xD

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 02-18-2009, 06:43 PM

*Molests the thread* Don't really care about a rate xD knock yourself out if you want i just wanted to molest *wiggles fingers* ;D

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-18-2009, 09:44 PM

Clock:. A tiara? The little EGL crown (it's black and silver). I think it's in the same position as the crown you're wearing now, too.

Paprika:. I remember this avi! I won't give a rate then, but I'll say something X'D
NEEDS MORE BLACK AT THE BOTTOM.

*hides from the fingers*

disturbed66
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via ICQ to disturbed66 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbed66

Old 02-18-2009, 11:19 PM

Ow if your bored can you please rate mine?
(im stumped on what els i can do. ><)

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 02-18-2009, 11:29 PM

SCREW ADDING MORE BLACK

*Shakes fist*

XD

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 02-18-2009, 11:43 PM

Windy wants a rate? : D <3

Riri, your avi is so cute. o-o <333333

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 PM

Hai Windy and sankyu xD

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-19-2009, 02:51 AM

Paprika:.LOL

Winter Wind:. I haven't bumped into you often enough lately ;_;
Ah, we're starting to look kinda similar X'D I can see the items flowing together with a theme clearly, except for the panda headphones. Everything is all pretty and girly and then there's the headphones, which ARE cute, but feel just a touch random? For color balance they're good, but otherwise, they seem out of place. 3 of your white items are strictly Ayumui items. I recommend playing with that. You also need teal at your feet; anklesocks instead of the socks you have on, maybe? I think the bow is big enough to account for red in the lower half of your feet. Not sure if I like the anklets, since they interrupt the flow of the bow a bit randomly.
8.5/10

Last edited by MurasakiCrown; 02-19-2009 at 02:59 AM..

clock
tick tock

Old 02-19-2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumChild View Post
Clock:. A tiara? The little EGL crown (it's black and silver). I think it's in the same position as the crown you're wearing now, too.

Wouldn't a tiara cover the red headband? And the EGL crown doesn't really show up or add any white. xD /dies

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-19-2009, 03:01 AM

It would cover a bit of it yes, but I know a few people don't mind the way they layer with headbands. how about no headband, and then the tiara with the red gems in it?

I figured the EGL crown could be too small, but I figured it might be okay to try? X'D

clock
tick tock

Old 02-19-2009, 03:06 AM

Do you have any tiaras I could borrow? :0

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-19-2009, 03:13 AM

I don't have the red one, but Darrell might have one. I'll ask him for you ^^

I think he's sent the trade >w<

EDIT: I SEE YOU DARRELL

Scotch
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Scotch

Old 02-19-2009, 03:13 AM

Oh sheetz!
I wants a rate please. :3

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 02-19-2009, 03:14 AM

I hate how you can see my hidden-ness xD

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-19-2009, 03:19 AM

Pretty generic color scheme, but it it is so because it works. You need more of that really light gold/ivory color in your avatar. Right now those socks are alone. Also, a lot of the white/silver things blend into each-other. I'd say add another color, or add more gold, or find a way to create more contrast. Honestly, right now it feels a bit bland.

A good example of contrast is the spork against the harem skirt. More of that would be nice.

5.5/10

EDIT: DARRELL, I LOVE HOW YOU GAVE YOURSELF AWAY.