AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 09-16-2010, 06:25 PM

I have breaded chicken patties in the freezer. That's about all I have as far as meat goes. I've got a bag of mixed veggies, canned veggies, plenty of rice, and plenty of mashed potatoes. I've also got all sorts of Campbells stuff in the cabinet. What should I combine with the chicken patties for dinner tonight? I need to start making whatever by six.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 09-16-2010, 06:30 PM

Cut up the chicken, mix it with rice, and the vegetables, and steam it all together.

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 09-16-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll P W E E P ll View Post
Cut up the chicken, mix it with rice, and the vegetables, and steam it all together.
Steam? I dunno if I have a steamer, but that's a neat idea. So I cook the rice and chicken beforehand or does it cook while it steams?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 PM

Well you could just make the chicken and then once it's done put it in with the rice. Make the rice normally, and the veggies. Then mix it all together.

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 09-16-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll P W E E P ll View Post
Well you could just make the chicken and then once it's done put it in with the rice. Make the rice normally, and the veggies. Then mix it all together.
Hmm...sounds like a nice, quick idea. I'll run that by my fiancee and see what he thinks. Thanks for the input. ^_^

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 09-16-2010, 11:22 PM

I always make the "meat" or in my case meat substitute, and then throw it on a bed of rice then throw whatever looks good on top of it. Sometimes I do pasta and sometimes I do veggies. It all depends on what I have and what I feel like eating. Oh and I always top it with cheese because cheese makes everything awesome.

MirukuKuroNeko
*^_^*

Old 09-17-2010, 12:08 AM

if you have any cream of broccoli soup you can put the veggies in it and simmer it abit(the frozen veggies.)
have the rice cooked and ready then the chicken patties by cutting them into small bite size peices.
put rice in the bowl and sprinkle chicken peices on it then pour some of the veggy soup mixture ontop.
you could replace the rice with mashed potatoes too, its a prefernce thing.^-^
(i make a variation of this all the time but with ground beef, i love it...^-^)

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 09-17-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I always make the "meat" or in my case meat substitute, and then throw it on a bed of rice then throw whatever looks good on top of it. Sometimes I do pasta and sometimes I do veggies. It all depends on what I have and what I feel like eating. Oh and I always top it with cheese because cheese makes everything awesome.
Cheese DOES make everything awesome, totally! And mashed potatoes mix with almost any leftovers. XD

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirukuKuroNeko View Post
if you have any cream of broccoli soup you can put the veggies in it and simmer it abit(the frozen veggies.)
have the rice cooked and ready then the chicken patties by cutting them into small bite size peices.
put rice in the bowl and sprinkle chicken peices on it then pour some of the veggy soup mixture ontop.
you could replace the rice with mashed potatoes too, its a prefernce thing.^-^
(i make a variation of this all the time but with ground beef, i love it...^-^)
I like, I like, I LIKE! I'm gonna do suggest that for tommorow night- thanks a whole bunch!!

Murphy McManus
Boston Vigilantes

Old 09-17-2010, 02:44 AM

Well if you ever want to be fancey get cream of mushroom. steam your rice. heat up your pattys and then plate your rice put the patty over it and then cover it in the cream of mushroom. throw veggies into the mixture if you so desire

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 09-18-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy McManus View Post
Well if you ever want to be fancey get cream of mushroom. steam your rice. heat up your pattys and then plate your rice put the patty over it and then cover it in the cream of mushroom. throw veggies into the mixture if you so desire
I ended up just heatin up the patties in the microwave, slicing them like french fries, and cooking them in cream of celery. Worked out rather well with a side of scallop potatoes and green beans. ^_^

Murphy McManus
Boston Vigilantes

Old 09-18-2010, 03:48 AM

With more of a knowledge of what you had I probably could have made it seem like you were a 5 star chef. I have done 3 years of culinary school and have been cooking for about 14 years now. I grew up around the stove.

AmyHeartXVIII
A modern-day Jumi

Old 09-20-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy McManus View Post
With more of a knowledge of what you had I probably could have made it seem like you were a 5 star chef. I have done 3 years of culinary school and have been cooking for about 14 years now. I grew up around the stove.
Oh wow, that's pretty awesome! Me, I can do basic recipies and make something from a box or a can. If it's a simple casserole, I can beast it usually. And Mom and Dad showed me LOADS of ways to spruce up basic baked chicken.