The Aura Knight
Aura

Old 10-12-2012, 02:32 AM

Embarrassing moments. We all have them.

Some of them happened yesterday, today or last week. Some of them happened last year or even further back. Some of us can laugh about them, some of them still make our cheeks burn with shame.

Here you can vent about something that recently happened, or reminisce and laugh about old ones that aren't too hard to talk about anymore. Altogether we can sympathize and laugh with each other.

It really does feel good to get it all out. Letting go of difficult things and sharing them with an understanding crowd is one of the best ways to heal.

RULES

OBEY TOS- self explanatory, no rude comments, hate speech, unnecessary profanity, sexually explicit material or illegal content.
NO FLAMING- Don't hate on people or make fun of other's stories, you can reply with sympathy but don't hurt others' feelings or I will remove the comment/have you reported
REPOSTING- you can post multiple stories, as long as they are all different stories, and don't make anything up, we want to here the real you, we want to sympathize with real problems, not fictitious eloquent tales(put those in the literature section) :)

---------- Post added 10-11-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

I was spending the night at my boyfriend's house. My periods had been really irregular this year and I was all snuggly with him all night. I woke up the next morning and I had started my period, all over his white sheets and the white pillow I always keep between my knees. It was terrible, it still embarrasses me. He was gracious but there isn't anyway to wash it out, a lot of it had already dried. T_T

He can't afford new sheets right now so he has (clean now) bloody sheets for a while.. I feel so bad.

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 10-12-2012, 02:53 AM

Oh my, Aura. That's a doozy, but not so bad because I guarantee many of us girls can relate. You could help him save up and get black or navy sheets this time?

Hmmmm.....I was shoe shopping with a friend recently, and we had been making fun of some of the crazier shoes we saw. She stopped to hold up a particular sandal, and without thinking, I blurted out "Those look like lunch lady sandals!" She started laughing uncontrollably, and lifted up her pant leg to show that she was wearing those exact kind
Obviously she has a good sense of humor, but I felt bad for insulting her without even knowing it.

Stellar Delusion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-12-2012, 03:47 AM

I know this sounds like it was stolen from Douglas Adams, but it happened to me too: I accidentally shared a bag of potato chips with a total stranger once.

I was in the dining hall at my school, it was crowded as hell, and so I was stuck sitting next to someone I didn't know. He was busy with his stuff and I was trying to eat lunch, so we didn't really talk...I was working on a mouth full of noodles when I saw him reach into my bag of chips and just help himself to one.

Well I thought that was just rude as hell, but maybe he was just being absentminded. So I took one, myself, and just tried to ignore it.

Then he did it again.

At this point I wasn't quite sure what to do. So I just kept quiet and took another chip.

And so did he.

And we just kept taking turns taking chips until they were gone.

He picked up at that point and just kind of glared at me on the way out. I turned my attention back to my salad and noodles, and...heard a crinkling noise coming from my jacket pocket.

My chips were still in there. Those ones we shared were his.

There's also the time I was new to the school AND half asleep...and went and took a shower in the wrong locker room. It was empty when I went in, so I didn't really notice the difference...I felt really awful about that one. It was an honest accident and here I looked like some kind of predator. Just to avoid scaring anyone I hid until most everyone was gone, then kept my towel wrapped around me so you couldn't really tell what I am, really quickly redressed while using my towel as a tent/cover-up...and ran like hell.

I don't think anyone ever noticed though. It was still pretty mortifying. And honestly, I still don't know how I even made that mistake, since...the locker rooms are on entirely opposite sides of the building.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 12:04 PM

Haha Stel that was priceless XD

Embarassing moment would have to me when I was (without a shirt on) getting a back massage from my best friend (we stayed in an area without a door by the front door) and her mother in law quickly unlocked and flung the door open and scared the daylights out of us, but I had no shirt on @_@ and she probably thought we were doing bad things...

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 02:47 PM

My biggest embarrassing moment was probably my entire life...

Jokes aside, embarrassing things always seem to happen to me. Some of the most recent ones were:

-Falling off the stage in a nightclub trying to do the running man
-Losing my top when I was drunk so having to head home the next day in my bra
-Wandering into the wrong classroom and staying there for a solid five minutes before the penny dropped
-Starting my period during sex (omg I thought it was hilarious but apparently my partner didn't see it the same way)
-Tripping over and falling flat on my back on a crowded bus

Last edited by RoadToGallifrey; 10-12-2012 at 02:52 PM..

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 02:51 PM

@ Tea - Why would that be hilarious? Honestly I would care less either way XD It's just a natural thing after all...

Haha wrong class XD I get SOOO paranoid about that the first few days of school...

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 02:53 PM

It was more just his reaction to be honest, it was what made the whole situation funny xD

I wandered into the wrong class like half way through the term. >.> I'm actually so dosy

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 02:57 PM

Ah... that's going to happen to a lot of people if our class gets moved XD

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Without really thinking about it, I went into the ladies room with my sister and some lady got upset and called security because "the men's room is across the hall". She was going on and one about how men shouldn't go in peeping at women and stuff like that. I was just like "I just need to pee and I'll leave" >.>; She was making a scene and it was just embarrassing because I just needed to pee and get out and she was throwing a fit over nothing. Reason why I hate public bathrooms. o.o;

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 03:21 PM

That woman sounds like a prize bitch >.>

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 PM

Why would anyone care... its creepy if someone of ANY gender is looking =.=

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 03:30 PM

I'm quite glad women don't have an equivalent to urinals, because I just know I'd end up staring at someone else. /creep

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM

Oh there's rules for it... very... sacred rules...

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 10-12-2012, 03:36 PM

I remember one time I went up to a person and thought it was a person a I knew. Man... I was embarrassed. It wasn't even that person, it was some other person and they thought I was creepy. Now I know to look more carefully before I just go up to someone and make sure it's that person before I say, "Hello how are ya'?"

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Oh there's rules for it... very... sacred rules...
I can imagine. lol I remember The Amanda show when they were in the boy's restroom. Now that was funny.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 03:41 PM

@ Liz - When that happens on the bus it usually involves a staring contest. Both of us having that "I KNOW YOU!!! But WTF is your name?!?" thing otherwise recognizing but both not willing to say anything in case we're wrong XD

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM

@Lizzy: I've done something like that before haha. I dialled the wrong number by accident once, thinking it was my home number, and I started being really creepy (assuming it was my mum on the other end) and it turned out it was this poor old woman who got totally freaked out! D;

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 PM

I just normally go into a stall in the Men's room anyway. I just don't see why something as simple as using the bathroom should be complicated. But yeah, looking is just weird.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Mystic, that's truly sucky : / I mean, I know you don't like being classed as female, but, you don't look like a man, so why did this woman freak out. I mean WTF!?

Hmm...maybe she needed glasses but was too vain to wear them. So an androgynous-looking someone goes into the ladies with short hair, and guyish clothes, and she just assumes it's an actual guy.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 03:51 PM

Honestly it wouldn't be hard to make a gender neutral bathroom... ALL stalls, problem solved.

Given there are gays on both sides... it's likely either gender might steal a peek... yknow?
(Going off how many men try to steal peeks of women)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-12-2012, 03:52 PM

Disabled toilets Those are unisex. At least they are here, as places only ever put 1 in

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 03:53 PM

They aren't uni here.. there's one in each bathroom. (If you're lucky)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-12-2012, 03:58 PM

Ah well yes, some public loos here do have one larger stall that's designated for disabled people. But when new places are built what they tend to do now is have normal male and female toilets, and a seperate room that's a unisex disabled one

You know, if I was in Mystic's position, I'd want to use the Ladies. Simply because Men's toilets are nasty, and smell.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM

They are... most men... don't know how to aim... just look down... there's piss halfway to the door sometimes... I don't even know how...

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 PM

One of my friends used to work as a cleaner in a nightclub and she always said that by the end of the night the womans toilets were in a much worse state than the mens.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-12-2012, 04:48 PM

Why is that? I'd expect men drunk would just pee on everything...