View Single Post
Pietro
Photographer

Old 10-31-2009, 06:30 PM

What is that behind you...?
Username: Pietro
Word count: 400 exact
Entry: Jay was a rebellious fourteen-year-old girl. She always did whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted, with whoever she wanted. She did it all without any regrets. Jay was that rebel girl, until the Halloween of 2009.

Jay stood at about five foot three, but her confidence made her seem like she was taller than could be. She had a very short, boyish haircut, and wore bright, vibrant colors, and a ton of makeup. She had two good friends, Tucker and Johnny. They went trick-or-treating every year, but due to their growing up, this would be their last year trick-or-treating together.

“What’s the hold up?” Jay screamed as she stood by the front door waiting for Johnny and Tucker. Jay, Tucker, and Johnny did a team costume. Jay was a cavewoman, Tucker was a modern person, and Johnny was the futuristic one of the bunch. They were a walking timeline full of sarcasm and no fear.

House after house, Jay and her friends got a lot of random crap instead of candy. Everything from pencils to airline peanuts managed to land in their bags. There was not one candy to be found. Rumor had it that Mrs. Langston was going to give out candy this year to all that survived her haunted house. Mrs. Langston was very quiet, and mysterious. She lived at the top of the hill, in a nearly hidden location. Without thinking, Jay takes Tucker and Johnny to the house, and they run up the cobblestone path to Mrs. Langston’s house. The wooden door was opened for potential visitors, like Jay and her friends. They entered laughing. The door slammed behind them and the room was pitch black. They heard an eerie voice that sounded deep and sinister. In a chant, the voice said:

“Welcome to the living hell, hope you are doing well. You won’t be well for long, listen to this little song. You are brave enough to appear, but be aware death is near. Try and make it through my maze, or you will be killed in seven days.”

Jay was scared for once in her life. The lights didn’t turn on and they had to make it through this maze, in darkness. They began to walk north, meticulously. Step by step, Jay’s breathing only got heavier. A couple of halls later, Jay stopped and was grabbed by her legs, pulled backwards. No more Jay…

---

Sorry about my poor writing skills, I usually do a lot better, but I do lengthier stuff.
Good contest though.