View Single Post
KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 11-07-2009, 11:12 AM

What is that behind you...?
Username: KageShio
Word count: 399
Entry:
“Do it Yume-dono, She took him from you. You have suffered in silence for too long, let your eyes see red!” The Amanojaku hissed into her ear, it’s icy breath sending chills down her spine. She looked at the sleeping form before her, loathing painted across her face as her fingers tightened around the handle of the knife.

“Yes… She… She took him from me! My Junshin-kun!” Yume screamed as she brought the knife down, plunging it into the blanket-covered body under her. She tore into the bedding, feathers tainted with red flying as the crimson pooled out from the body below. Yume stood up, her eyes wild as she reached for the edge of the blanket and peeled it back to see the twisted face of her victim.

“No… No… NO!!!” The wide-eyed face of Junshin stared up at her, blood flowing out of his mouth as it formed silent words. “No! I didn’t mean it! I just wanted Jun for myself!” She fell back, her breath caught in her throat as the blood stained the hem of her kimono, painting a gruesome pattern on the pristine white.

A dark, eerie chuckle came from the hall, “Yume-chan, poor, poor Yume-chan…” The flickering light casting dancing Oni on the rice-paper walls, shadows creeping along the floor.

“Ayame! You…. You did this! You wicked woman! You did this!” Yume yelled as she stumbled to her feet, her tabi making wet, slippery noises as she threw open the sliding door. She fell back at once, her mouth open with a scream caught in her throat. There stood Ayame, her hair long and wild, her eyes golden and nine long tails swept about the hall as long, blood-stained claws reached for Yume.

“This, my sweet Yume, is your final destination” She spoke, her voice a howl as the walls were ripped away and cold fire swept through the room. Ayame cackled as Oni rushed Yume, tearing at her kimono and hair. Her screams came to a crescendo as the great wheel Wanyudo burst through the flames, her spirit torn asunder at his presence.

“You know we can’t sleep, back to work.” Blank eyes blinked open to scan the desolate horizon seeing a woman in a white kimono.

“I had a dream”

“Oh really? “

“It was when I died” Yume said, picking up a rock to carry before bursting out in wails at the searing heat.