View Single Post
KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 12-27-2011, 11:36 PM

Sorry for adding to the reindeer themed entries, I honestly thought I was being original. XD
Apologies for my horrific writing as well. I can attempt to edit it if it's not fitting.

Reinsend Entry Form
Username: KatMagenta
3 Paragraph Description of Your Parade Performance:
Reinsend is known for its reindeer and the people of the town are sure to include them in the Sleigh Parade. Every year a girl is selected to play an important part in the parade by representing our noble forest guardians. This year I was lucky enough to be selected for this honour! My outfit has been prepared by local craftspeople, my usual clothes have been embellished with gold and the 'fur' is actually carefully weaved wool.

After days of practice it's time for the event to begin for real. I follow the parade with all of the other wonderful performers and try not to be too awed. When I reach the largest of the bonfires I use it to light my branches taken from the forest and begin my dance. Inspired by the grace and strength of the reindeer I start moving as the band play a traditional folk song.

Sometimes it looks like the fire might burn me but I've been over the routine many times and know I'm safe. Keeping the ceremonial crown balanced is much more of a challenge! The fire leaves trails of light in the air and the smoke rises around me as I twirl. When the music stops for a second there is only the crackling of the bonfires before people begin to cheer and I am so glad to have been given this opportunity.