View Single Post
Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 03-19-2015, 02:07 AM

Her friend abandoned her... Typical. The girl in the yellow dress stood awkwardly in a darker corner of the gymnasium, partially because she was scared to death to talk to anyone else besides Alice, her "friend". She hated herself for even allowing her friend to "persuade" her to come along to the dance. Alice, her "friend", just wanted to drag her along so she could tell her parents she'd be with her boring, goody-two-shoes, best "I-am-only-your-friend-when-it-benefits-me" acquaintance. If only her parents knew the half of it... She was certain if Alice's parents truly knew who she was, they'd not want their daughter around her.

The girl in the yellow dress lowered her head, allowing her thick, curly, blue-tinted hair to hide her face. She hated social events like this one, especially ones that involved her peers. She rubbed her arms, careful to avoid the tears in her jean jacket and she gave her arms a gentle squeeze. She allowed her eyes to wander, looking at her surroundings, feeling more awkward and misplaced than she did when she first walked in with Alice.

She noticed a few boys from the senior class staring at her, mixed emotions on their faces. They were familiar to her, and the memories of them just made her feel sick. This was absolute torture. She whispered to herself,

"Damn... why do I always do this to myself?"

When the lights started flashing again she realized the boys from the senior class were approaching her. They were coming close rather quickly too, she knew they'd probably just start teasing her again, or worse... try to hit on her again. She couldn't handle that, not after the last time... She lowered her head and began to walk away as quickly as she could, avoiding the dancing teens that seemed to just jump in her path as she sped across the wall. She wasn't paying any attention to where she was going, her only thoughts were, "Get the hell out of dodge, get the hell out of dodge, get the hell out of dodge..."

She peered over her shoulder, trying to see if the boys were following her. It was difficult to tell as the lights were dim except for those bright, flashing strobe lights that bothered her vision. She didn't see them following her, and just assumed that she'd lost them, she let out a sigh of relief and began to turn her head, however, she'd turned her head just a couple of seconds too late and she bumped into an unfamiliar student...

The first thing she noticed was his bright, cyan colored hair and his facial piercings. Her heart stopped and she went rigid with embarrassment. She felt she should apologize for bumping into him, but even though her mouth was open, she couldn't form coherent words, as her shyness began to take over...

"Oh... I-I... Um... W-well..." She stuttered.