• Join Us

Vicktoria Valentine
NPC
  • Challenge Vicktoria Valentine in the Arcade

Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 PM

Art by Omi. Banner by Ferra and Sizzla.

Event Guide and FAQ

Don't know where to go to get the event item rares? Not sure how to collect the Frosting, Fruit, Ginger or Mixing Bowl currencies? Confused about how the event works in general? This is the thread where you can find the answers to your questions - or, if you're still unclear, please feel free to ask in the thread and get help from others. :)

Please note that this thread is for questions and answers, bug reports, and event feedback only. General chat should be kept to the appropriate places. If you are simply chatting in this thread, it will be considered spam and removed.

The Winter Nights 2009 event runs from December 24, 2009 - January 2, 2010, ending at approximately 7pm Central Time Zone. (Click here to find out what time it is in Central Time Zone right now!)

Table of Contents
0. Introduction & Table of Contents
1. Event Overview
2. Collecting Currency
3. Baking/Collecting Event Items
4. Event Items
5. Frequently Asked Questions

Vicktoria Valentine
NPC

Old 12-23-2009, 09:18 PM

Overview
A basic review of how everything works ^.^
  • Frosting, Fruit & Ginger = Used for baking yummy goods which are traded for event item rares.
  • You can get Frosting, Fruit & Ginger by posting in the forums or visiting me in the Pantry! (Something to remember! The first time you visit my Pantry it's just to wake it up *giggles* You'll have to come back 15 minutes later to collect some ingredients *nods*)
  • Any currency of all types will carry over day to day until the end of the Event.
  • However, unused event currency will disappear after the Event is over!
  • Mixing Bowls = Used in the Special Event Store.
  • Mixing Bowls are equal to 25 gold (ie: a 100 gold item would cost 4 Mixing Bowls).
  • You can get Mixing Bowls by trading Frosting, Fruit & Ginger with me in the Pantry.
  • Unused Mixing Bowls will disappear after the event is over.
  • Event Items (rares) will start being released on December 25th.

Last edited by Vicktoria Valentine; 12-24-2009 at 01:34 AM..

Vicktoria Valentine
NPC

Event Currency Overview
We've got loads of currencies this time!

Frosting, Fruit & Ginger are used for baking (which is how you get your event rares!) and Mixing Bowls are used in the Special Event Shop. For more information - continue reading!

---

Frosting, Fruit & Ginger: How to collect them
There are two ways to collect these currencies:
1) Post in the forums.
You will earn one random currency each time you post in the forums.
Spamming will not be tolerated, even if it is an event. Warnings will be handed out the same as on non-event days.

2) Visit the Pantry.
Every 15 minutes you can visit me in the Pantry. I'll give you a random currency if you click on the collection link!
You are more likely to collect Frosting than any other currency. Fruit is the next most common. Ginger is the least common. But if you're running low on a specific type, visit me at the Pantry and I'll be happy to swap whichever currency you don't need for whichever type of currency you do ^.^ Keep in mind that since some currencies are worth more than others, there is an exchange rate! Just click on the blue bar of the currency you wish to exchange and go from there!

Please note that the first time you visit the Pantry I won't have an extra ingredient for you, my pantry needs to decide if it likes you or not ^.~ Try again after 15 minutes. (If it still doesn't work, clear your cache and try again!)

Mixing Bowls: What are they? and How to collect them.
Once again we will have Event Store Currency for this event - horray!

Each Mixing Bowl is worth 25 gold in the store. You can only pay in Mixing Bowls if you choose to use them, however. You can't pay part in Mixing Bowls and part in gold! In the cases where the price of an item isn't an "even" Mixing Bowl, you may "pay" a little more or a little less while using Mixing Bowl than you would using gold.

To obtain Mixing Bowl, visit me in the Pantry. She'll be happy to accept 4 Frosting, 2 Fruit and 1 Ginger to give you a Mixing Bowl.

Last edited by Vicktoria Valentine; 12-24-2009 at 12:20 PM..

Vicktoria Valentine
NPC

How To Bake/How to Collect Event Items
Please remember that you will not be able to bake until December 25th. I want to give you a bit of time to start collecting ingredients before letting you loose on the ovens! But once you get started, it only takes a few simple steps!

If you're not sure where something is or how it works, click on the blue links to see a screenshot.

Step One: Earn currency!
(To check how much of anything you have without visiting the Pantry, click on the mixing bowls and it will open up your ingredient inventory.)

Step Two: Click on any red oven.
(Grey ovens can't be used until purchased. You may purchase two extra ovens with event currency if you want to cook more than one thing at a time! Your first oven is free.)

Step Three: Choose a recipe and click on its thumbnail. Then click "bake this"!
(There will be seven recipes, total - one released each day starting on the 25th!)

Step Four: Wait for the goodie to bake. Collect it when it's done. Your event rare will be delivered to your inventory!
(Please note that there is a small chance of failure. If that happens, you may trade the resulting burnt biscuit to me for 1 gold. Just visit the Pantry. You'll find it underneath trading and above your free ingredient. Failure will also eat one random ingredient that you used to cook.)

WARNING: On the last day of the event, don't wait until the last minute to bake! Get your baking done ahead of time!

Last edited by Vicktoria Valentine; 12-24-2009 at 12:18 PM..

Vicktoria Valentine
NPC

Old 12-23-2009, 09:19 PM

Event Items
This is where we will show the different event items in-full as they are released.
Remember that event items won't start being released until December 25th! So you have an entire day to collect currency before it starts!

When you have enough currency for the items - click on one of your red ovens to bake!

For a complete set of event item rares...
Total Frosting needed: 34
Total Fruit needed: 26
Total Ginger needed: 22

1) Festive Decorations Pack
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Ferra/Mene/Guide/FrostedStrawberries.png[/imgleft]
Recipe: Frosted Strawberries (5 Frosting, 5 Fruit, 0 Ginger)
Release date: December 25th
Preview:

2) Menewsha Cookie Collective
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Ferra/Mene/Guide/BakedApples.png[/imgleft]
Recipe: Baked Apples (3 Frosting, 6 Fruit, 1 Ginger)
Release date: December 26th
Preview:

3) Reindeer Disguise
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Ferra/Mene/Guide/SnowmanCookies.png[/imgleft]
Recipe: Snowman Cookies (7 Frosting, 0 Fruit, 3 Ginger)
Release date: December 27th
Preview:

4) Holiday Tree
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Ferra/Mene/Guide/GingerbreadMen.png[/imgleft]
Recipe: Gingerbread Men (7 Frosting, 0 Fruit, 4 Ginger)
Release date: December 28th
Preview:

5) The Cuppy Cake Clan
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Ferra/Mene/Guide/Fruitcake.png[/imgleft]
Recipe: Fruitcake (2 Frosting, 7 Fruit, 3 Ginger)
Release date: December 29th
Preview:

6) Festival Ribbon
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Ferra/Mene/Guide/HolidayCake.png[/imgleft]
Recipe: Holiday Cake (5 Frosting, 3 Fruit, 4 Ginger)
Release date: December 30th
Preview:

7) Cobblestones in Winter
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/Ferra/Mene/Guide/GingerbreadHouse.png[/imgleft]
Recipe: Gingerbread House (5 Frosting, 5 Fruit, 7 Ginger)
Release date: December 31st
Preview:

Last edited by Ferra; 12-31-2009 at 12:30 PM..

Vicktoria Valentine
NPC

Old 12-23-2009, 09:19 PM

Frequently Asked Questions

This space will be filled with commonly asked questions you guys might have about the event. Staff will edit in the answers to questions that seem to be asked a lot.

Q. How long will this event last?
A. Until approximately 7pm Central on January 2, 2010.

Q. Can you collect event currency by posting in all forums or only in the event forum?
A. You can collect them in all forums except the Word Games forum.

Q. Can I buy or trade event currency with other users?
A. No. You'll have to earn your currency on your own! You can trade with Vicktoria in the Pantry, however.

Q. What time does the next event item rare come out?
A. They should come out at midnight Central Time Zone, but this may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Just hang tight if it happens!

Q. Is there a limit to how many event item rares I can collect? Do they have to be collected in a specific order?
You may collect as many of the gifts as you have currency for, as many times as you like, whichever order or item you like. (For example, if you only wanted to collect the third item, you do not have to collect the first and second as well.)

Q. Who did the artwork for the event?
A. ToriKat did the artwork for the staff thread banners (and Sizzla and Ferra put together the banners).
YanYan13 and Omi did the artwork for the event forum layout.

Q. Who did the pixeling for this event?
A. Wish04, puchistar and Jaeden all contributed to the lovely event item rares and commons. :)

Q. Why isn't [specific feature] working for me?
A. Please post your browser (ex: Firefox), browser-version (ex: 3.1), and operating system (ex: Windows Vista) and let us know what problem you are experiencing, if it happens in all browsers you try; etc. Posting screenshots may also be useful. We'll do our best to troubleshoot - but we need more information than just, "this isn't working. :c"

Q. What is that thing hiding in the corner of the event pages? D:
A. Wut?

Saiyouri
  • Challenge Saiyouri in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 05:51 AM

This is so cute. I can't wait to start cooking. ^^

M i n u x e
  • Challenge M i n u x e in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 05:58 AM

I assume it is alright to post here now.

I just want to point out that I am not earning any gold when I post in any festival of winter night threads. Hopefully, it is just a bug that will be sorted out soon.

Vickyll3
Penpal

Old 12-24-2009, 06:00 AM

Thanks for this....Now I'm less lost

sadrain
  • Challenge sadrain in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:10 AM

Ohoh. x3 At first I was reallly confused but now I finally cleared my questions up. x3

Woah, you can fail at cooking EIs? o: Thats interesting turn, for sure, all this baking thing is!

Vicktoria, you are finally pushing me towards learning how to baake. x3

cheng
  • Challenge cheng in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:11 AM

Oh, nice! baking is the concept*drools*<33

JellybeanInc
  • Challenge JellybeanInc in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:20 AM

Oh this currency is so cute, and it gets me hungry. I can't wait to start baking up some goodies.

JessehBoo
Send a message via AIM to JessehBoo
  • Challenge JessehBoo in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:22 AM

im so excited! <333

Vanellope
  • Challenge Vanellope in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:23 AM

• who isnt seriously? wheeeeeeeeee :squee:

jecynecy
  • Challenge jecynecy in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:37 AM

Is antone else having problems with not being able to see their ingredients when they click on the mixing bowl? I can only see mine when I go to the pantry.

CK
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-24-2009, 06:38 AM

Hey hey now - we're glad you're excited, but please stay on-topic!

EDIT: Forgot to mention we're looking into the gold-earning.

Gold earning should now work. :)

EDIT2: What browser are you using, jecynecy?

M i n u x e
  • Challenge M i n u x e in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:42 AM

@CK: Ok, that's good to know. I hope we can earn gold normally before this place gets really busy.

EDIT: Yay that's great to hear! <33

Rylynne
  • Challenge Rylynne in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:52 AM

I can't see my ingredients either using the mixing bowl. =O <3<3
So you're not alone on that. ^^;;

Wynna
  • Challenge Wynna in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:53 AM

Yay! I'm so glad this event has started.

bl4cksh4dow
  • Challenge bl4cksh4dow in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 06:57 AM

Sometimes, I can see the # of ingredients in my bowl and in the oven, but other times I don't ><;;

I'm using firefox~

Rylynne
  • Challenge Rylynne in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:05 AM

Nevermind, I see them now~ :'D <3<3
And if it helps, I'm using Safari, so it should be fine with this browser. :>

GrannyJ
  • Challenge GrannyJ in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:10 AM

I'm using IE, but I cannot see my ingredients in the mixing bowl.
It only says 1 frosting, which is what I got from the pantry when I first started.

However if I go to the pantry, then I see other ingredients.

bl4cksh4dow
  • Challenge bl4cksh4dow in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:12 AM

Now, I'm not seeing the amount of ingredients anymore ><

GrannyJ
  • Challenge GrannyJ in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:23 AM

I certainly hope that I haven't lost my ingredients.
`laughs`
I wouldn't have stayed up quite so late if I knew I wasn't going to be getting the "credit" for it.

woohoohelloppl
  • Challenge woohoohelloppl in the Arcade

Old 12-24-2009, 07:45 AM

I love the concept and graphics for this event! :3