Old 12-25-2011, 06:07 AM

*Buys ticket and reserves her place in the Travel Journals*

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-26-2011, 12:29 AM

Stop 0: The Menewsha Central Station

Travel Journal,

Today has been full of strange ideas and random happenings. The first of which was an invitation from a friend to go make use of Menewsha's new train station. We have planed to go on a trip for some time, and now seemed like the perfect time to treat our selves. Unfortunately due to the MILD weather and sudden cold snap it's became quite icy and she had a bad fall.

Being the sort I am however, I didn't let it stop me from making my way down to the station to purchase a ticket for myself. As father always says, "FROLIC in the stream before the winter steals it away." I think he meant to live your life while you can. I miss him, I'm sure he would of loved to come keep me company and the cars if he was still with us.

Any way, when I arrived I was instantly overwhelmed by the sheer grandness of the station itself. So many people, so much noise. There was also a little shop to visit, which was where I purchased this new journal. I figured it will keep me entertained on the trip without my friend by my side to chat.

I made my way to the ticket booth to purchase my ticket easily enough. I checked my WATCH and looked at the boarding time. I had roughly two hours to find and get settled into my train car. Leave it to me to get completely distracted by shiny things and turned around in such a place. I was lost for a good part of an hour before a handsome young donkey with a speech impediment and round rump pointed me in the direction of the Spirit of Calesco. Or as he said "teh whoo hoo choo choo is dis way bahbeh." I know I shouldn't have laughed at his unfortunate situation but darn me if I wasn't in stitches. I had to use a TISSUE to clean up my make-up and wipe away tears of laughter.

I made it just on time to admire the steam locomotive. A glossy black painted CAST iron grill was decorated with a golden STAR in the center. Across the front of the first car scrolled in a fancy script was " Spirit of Calesco" The effect of the lettering and flame that surrounded it were very impressive. I could tell this was going to be a great trip.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-27-2011, 11:08 PM

Stop 1: Garland

Travel Journal,

We Arrived at our first stop today at 12:30 on the dot. Impressive timing for a new train station. In my excitement to go exploring I tore the hem on the side of my dress. Oh well, better me than the Winter BRIDE I saw later coming out of the church. She looked so lovely and happy. I did a quick fix of the hem by tying a knot so I wouldn't trip over it and make it worse. I know my servant back home would make fun if I attempt to fix it myself with my horrid stitching.

I wanted to take in some of the local customs while there, so of coarse I went and purchased some flowers to visit the GRAVE of the tragic lovers. Such a sad tale it is. I do find it a bit odd however that the people here consider placing flowers at a grave at lucky. I also had a pair of game DICE in my pocket. They always represented luck to my dad. I'm not a gambler myself so I had every intention of placing them on the gave and walking away. I just couldn't though. I held them close to my chest and a single tear escaped me.

Then I heard a laugh. It startled me so bad I nearly dropped the dice. Not a pleasant surprise. It was an old woman. She was standing watching me. She held a basket of POINSETTIA in her arms. They made an odd contrast against her purple hair. I guess she noticed my dice because she asked me if I would like to try a game of chance. Solve a riddle and I get a flower for free, if I fail I pay double.

I got to the train just in time to hear the engineer BARK all a board for Reinsend. I admired the petals on my lovely Poinsettia as the train started to EXHILARATE to our next destination. I smile to myself still not believing I was able to answer her riddle as the gentle click clack relaxes me.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 04:13 AM

Stop 2: Reinsend

Travel Journal,

We arrived in Reinsend shortly after I had finished playing a came of CARDS with a friendly little stranger. She must have been about five. Sweet young lady wanted some attention while her grandfather snoozed. She told me a most charming tall tale about invisible cows being common to the center of the island. What an imagination.

Going to the center of the island used to make new nervous as a girl. I was always worried that the VOLCANO might erupt. How little I knew as I stepped off the train and onto the ground of what was to happen.

Still it was a lovely place. The Reindeer were trained remarkably well. They were taught to TROT as well as the horses did in other towns. It was exactly like the post cards had shown it. Large sleighs lead by these magnificent creatures. I bet the little girl I had meet earlier felt the same sense of wonder. I can't say I envy the fellows that follow the parade with a RAKE.

I made a quick stop inside a small shop to purchase a PENCIL. I had misplaced the one I had been using for my earlier entries. I also noticed a sweet little camera on one of the shelves. I couldn't help but think of all the wonderful pictures of my trip I could take with it so I bought it too.

Armed with my new camera I made my way to the petting zoo. Unfortunately when I got there I found out I wasn't allowed any flash photography. I could understand perfectly well, I wouldn't want to be stampeded by reindeer and turned into GLUE. Even though I know they're trained well I didn't want to push it. I settled for a picture of a sweet little blue bird.

It was a long day, I made my way to the train car and fell soundly asleep. I had the strangest dream about baking cookies. They were shaped like the reindeer I saw that day. They came to life and trampled me. Strange dream.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-30-2011, 07:22 AM

Stop 3: Icy Peaks

Travel Journal,

This part of my journey has been very nerve racking. I'm not particularly fond of heights and these peaks have it in spades. I'm not sure exactly but I could have sworn I just saw a dragon fly by the window. They say they aren't often spotted in the city. I'm sure it was just my brain going HAYWIRE trying not to think of how high we are.

I managed to take my mind off the heights by making use of a roll of duct tape to make a SCULPTURE. I got some odd looks that's for sure, but nothing I couldn't handle. It was far better than giving into the fear of heights.

With every stop we make the pull of the train become more and more BANAL. I wonder how I could become so used to something so quick. Perhaps I'm just crabby from the heights. Now that we've reached the city and the outlook isn't so drastic I feel calmer. One of the activities they suggest once in Icy Peaks is hiking. A nice long walk should do me good after being stuck in those train cars so long.

So as I was signing up for the hike I was confronted by a small black cat with a MOLDY smelling piece of fish in it's mouth. I chased it away not wanting any bad luck only to be scolded By an Old Toy maker. He tried to convince me this cat was a very important person not just in the city but to all of Menewsha. No way that smelly runt could have been the famous Yumeh.

As my foot CRUNCHED into the snow in made me wonder if it really was. If it was I sure hope he doesn't seek some form of SOLATIUM. Last thing I need is to be paying in fish to some fur ball for the rest of my life.

With all said, the food was great here so it wasn't all bad. I purchased a nice sleeping makes in town so on our way to the next stop I can sleep and not look out the windows.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-31-2011, 04:11 PM

Stop 4: Saint's Pole

I was so excited to see the craftsman at Saint poles and attend a workshop at this stop that when I stepped out of the train I twisted my ankle. Before I could go into a LACHRYMOSE, a kind stranger helped me up and took me to their home to be cared for. I was truly relieved. However I missed the sign ups for any toy making activities. I was a little crushed.

While I was being treated I told her about the time a similar thing happened to me when I was younger. While chasing down a young man that had stole my favorite WHISTLE. Dresses plus chasing boys don't tend to mix except at parties, and well that's a completely different chase.

knowing I was a tourist she took me threw town to a few of her favorite shops. In one the was a wide variety of beautiful hats. I found one in particular that stuck my fancy. However, when I tried it on it seemed a child had been playing with it because a huge JELLY got in my hair.

I was about to become very IRASCIBLE with to store manager, but looking in the mirror at my new jelly coif I couldn't help but laugh. He apologized many times and offered to put me into his cousins toy making class. It was like I hit a Jackpot! After missing sign ups I didn't think I would be able to.

I was able to make a toy after all. I had a great time doing it. However I don't think I'll be trying my luck as making it as a Toy maker. The craftsman, who was a rather tall elf told me that my efforts were INCORRIGIBLE. So no way to fix how poorly I did. I figure they're hard on their student like any good art teacher to weed out the ones without drive. It worked in this case. Plus there was no way that in 2 afternoons that I could possible become any where close to his skill.

If I had a CALCULATOR I would be able to better count all the small blessings this stop had. Even though I injured myself and got a head full of jelly. I made a new friend, who I'll be sure to visit again.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 AM

Stop 5: Rochelle Harbor

Travel Journal,

I enjoyed a wine tasting as the train chugged down the LENGTH of the mountain. It would be the FINALE of my trip. I smiled to myself and admired the low laying land. The area around the harbour was INUDATED with water creating a marshy area.

The weather seems quite different here than other areas of Menewsha. As I got off the train I could see the migrating wildlife that had not long ago left my home. I was a bit light headed, no doubt from all that wine tasting. I somehow managed to find my way into a place called "The HIVE" A tattoo parlor where sailors and the like some get their bodies marred.

The "artist" had a very ACERBIC tone when he asked what my type was doing there. I really jumped off the deep end when I decided to get a small ankle tattoo to spite him. I hope know one saw me coming from that place.

I also wrote a letter to my friend that fell ill back home. I truly hope her condition AMELIORATES. Infections are so deadly. I couldn't help but think of her while I was getting the tattoo done. I know I never would have done such a thing in her good company.

Until my next travels.