VixonDale
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-20-2010, 03:30 AM

I've been writing segments of stories for a long time. Here's one i came up with not to terribly long ago. Please comment, and make suggestions, but DO NOT add to it. suggesting a new character or a possible story plot is fine, but this is NOT an RP. The dashed lines will indicate a seperate part to the same story.

Why can't everything be like a book? Cass thought sullenly that Tuesday afternoon. Everything in books are fasinating! Dragons, bandits, adventure! But, no. I'm stuck here.

The place refered to as "here" was called Kartersburg, a lonely, boring town that was built downhill from the most exciting town for miles. Cass thought of the coicidence of the town's placements often, dreaming she could be anywhere but "here".

"Cassidy! Dinner will be soon! Your homework had best be done or so help me!

Cass abhored her name; however, her mother insisted on calling her "by her rightful name".

"Yes, ma'am!" She yelled back. Cass and her mother never got along well, but merely tollerated each other's existance. Her mother was always quick to remind Cass that she was unwanted from conseption, having been the product of rape.

--------------

The nimble chile looked at her, eyes shining brighter than diamonds, yet as dark as night. He held her gaze for moments, then suddenly turned away.

"I am sorry."

At first, Cass did not understand what he said, for his voice was soft and she was still recovering from the trance she had experienced.

"Sorry?" Cass stepped closer, keeping a couple feet between them. "Why should you apologize? You haven'y done anything."

his weight shifted unsteadily, like an animal trying to find an escape. "Haven'ty done anything? I can't control my abilities yet and nearly killed you."

She stilll didn't understand. She knew he could tell, if he only looked at her again, but he refused. The wind blew gently as she stepped closer to him. He did not move.

Reaching towards his hand, she asked, "What's your name?"

He allowed her to take his hand. "Red." He sighed, "My name's Red."

"I'm Cassidy, but call me Cass." She moved his hand, as if shaking it, then released. He looked at his hand, then turned completely away from her. Crossing her arms, she humphed. "Well, that's rude!" She sighed sadly before saying more softly, "Well, at least you told me your name. Red, huh? Is it a nickname?" Although he wasn't looking at her, Cass still pointed at his dark, straggly hair. "I mean, your hair is red, so..."

He turned slowly, just enough to see her pointing. "No, my name's Red. I was named for my, er, hair."

---------------------

"You've heard of witches and familiars, yes?" Charles asked.

Cass answered, "Of course! How could I not?"

Ignoring her question, he continued, "Well, vampires have kindreds, or creatures bound to them eternally as their living spirit. You see, vampires are alive, in a sence. In movies, it is portrayed that they can transform into bats or control werewolves. That is not quite the case. IF a person is born a vampire, they can choose to hold the guilt of being a monster in their soul, or they can tranfer their spirit into a willing animal, even a person. If an animal takes the burden, it can turn into a human and vice versa. It can go wherever it likes, as long as the kindred doesn't get killed."

"What happens then?"

"Well, if the kindred dies, the vampire becomes a souless monster who feasts on every living thing without remorse. If the vampire dies, the kindred is left with a demented, starved soul that will slowly and painfully tear the creature apart over a span of years until it either dies a miserable death, or kills itself."

His emotionless tone chilled her. She stepped back a step, the wall stopping her from going farther. She was shivering from head to toe, not from the coldness of the room, but rather the fear she had of him. "Are you saying," She muttered, "that they exist?"

He glared at her like she was an idiot. "Yes. Ar eyou deaf? They exist. and my kind kill them. You are destined to kill them as well."

--------------------

How has it come to this? She thought, staring at the creature coming towards her as she writhed in pain. Why is this happening to me?

She knew why, and she knew how. She had gotten involved in matters that did not concern her. She got too close to people who were not like her, people who could kill her.

People who were killing her.

The multiple bites flared as the monster bit her shoulder, adding to he rpain. She had run out of screams and tears long ago, but still she tried. No noise escaped her lips but a small whimper. Nothing came from her eyes except looks of pain and misery. She knew her fate, but how long would the suffering last?

Suddenly, the beast was gone and gentle hands were lifting her. Before losing conscienceness, she saw a blur of three ale faces and recognized several familiar voices.

"Save Red."

Darkness.

-----------------

Karter. Jonathon Karter. He was the link between Charles Karter and Cassidy Addams. She continued reading, learning more about her heritage and her hometown.

-------------------

The End (for now)