7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Find Blog Entries by Arechi

Random notes and rant

Random notes and rant

Posted 07-25-2012 at 02:28 PM by Arechi
You would think after a year of living with someone you would get use to their moody habits, however I'm finding it to be somewhat the opposite. In fact many of my roommate's habits are really starting to irk me.

For example every door does not need to be slammed shut every time you use it. Now I'm not sure if it's simply how she had been brought up or a habit developed from her last roommates, as this habit appears to have been there before I became her roommate. Since day one I've heard every door in this house, excluding my own, being slammed shut on a daily basis. After awhile I find I grow relatively tired of constantly hearing the 'BANG' when there is absolutely no reason for it. From what I had always learned when growing is that one would typically slam a door if they were upset at something, but somehow I doubt that's the case here.

It has gotten so bad as of late though that the things she had even decorated her door with have fallen and been left forgotten on the floor. Talking to her about it doesn't seem to work very well as there have been many of times I've asked her if something was wrong and usually gain the 'No why?' answer. Usually my explanation for the question is simply followed by the 'I've always slammed doors that's what they're there for.' answer, unless she truly is upset in which I get the 'Whatever' answer or no answer at all.

That's always been another thing that bugged me. I never liked the 'whatever' answer to most questions, unless it was truly appropriate, and the disrespect she gives with it. I don't think it's really the word itself, but the complete disrespect in her tone when she gives it, and it's one she gives even her parents. Quite honestly it simply irks me and I would rather her to simply say nothing at all then get such disrespect as that.

So as not to simply go rambling on in a list of complaints with my roommate I'll only mention one other thing that has always annoyed me with her. Every time she walks she stomps her feet. Now I would probably feel differently about this if we were on the first floor of our triplex, however we are not. I've no doubt that our downstairs neighbors probably hold some grudge towards us for her constant stomping. I think this only comes from the fact that I once had an upstairs neighbor who did the same. I wouldn't typically mind it however it was during any hours of the day and night, much similar to her. There is no need to put your entire weight on one foot when you walk, especially when you've neighbors below you to consider.

Even when walking up the steps she stomps. I can always tell when she comes home, not from the sound of her car in the driveway, but actually from the constant rocking and trembling of the outside steps and the sound of her heavy feet slamming onto the poor wooden steps. It's not that she's a heavy set person either, on the contrary she's relatively skinny, so it's not as if she can't help it either.

You know too that it's bad when she walks in the kitchen and the couch in the living room begins to shake. All of these little grievances I've had have been here since day one. I've found no point any longer in attempting to communicate with her about them as I've found she doesn't quite understand the issues I have with them. Oh well, we're still here for another year, and if I can handle them for one I'm sure I can handle them for two.
Comments 0
Total Comments 0
Comments
No comments have been made yet