Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Find Blog Entries by Seiki Nova

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Black"]Warning: The following content may not be suited to those who do not like puppies, sunny days, bright colors, and love*. If this applies to you, then it would be highly suggested that you hightail it out of here before you become tainted by all the happy-go-lucky blurbs of happiness for they will consume your soul! If you had all planned on going to hell anyways, please continue preparing your handbasket and have a great day!

* This is not to exclude complaining, bitterness, name calling, fighting, rudeness, and distastefulness towards others and other things or whatever. Humbug ; }[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
i can't take it anymore!

i can't take it anymore!

Posted 10-04-2010 at 04:02 PM by Seiki Nova
why oh why are the staff so tolerable about repeat threads these days? it drives me nuts. every day i go to my home here on menewsha in the avatar chat forum and i swear to you, there is a new avatar above you game thread every single day. what happened to the good old days when we only had one avatar above you thread, and the rest were super fun contests and rating threads where everyone could just gel together without having to worry about whether your avatar was a hero, villain, or victim (no offense if there's an avatar above you thread with this theme)? i honestly believe that though the staff are doing their best to maintain a friendlier atmosphere to help promote a more welcoming environment for new users, it does us no good to have this many repeats. i guess i just miss having rules. being part of this site for so long and having experienced it under the strict rule of the staff for said amount of time, this new more laid-back approach of running the site seems almost like a punishment. now i don't know what it's like in other forums, but i'm quite frustrated that my forum is being overrun by threads that are meant for spam but are allowed because they set guidelines that require users to use complete sentences to answer whether the avatar above them is this or that to barely scrape by the rules. ugh. just.. ugh. rant over.
Comments 4
Total Comments 4
Comments
Old Comment Posted 10-04-2010 at 04:35 PM
I honestly think they should have their own sub forum to keep the regular forum cleaner. I joined mene for the stricter rules.....I myself am not the happiest but the rules are still more strict then on "Other" sites.
Old Comment Posted 10-05-2010 at 01:31 AM
If there was a subforum for these kind of threads wouldn't that just encourage people to make them simply [I]to[/I] spam?

Seiki your complaint is interesting, because we've had to lighten up on thread locking and so on because Inso says the hardline rules were driving people away. It's very hard to find the right kind of balance.
Old Comment Posted 10-05-2010 at 08:36 AM
I understand why you are all doing what you're doing with the rules these days, but it's just really frustrating seeing the same thread over and over again. I don't understand why these AABY threads aren't considered word games. There's no actual discussion to them. They're worthless threads that continually pop up in the AC and they're all exactly the same, just with difference scenarios.

Quite frankly, I just try to ignore them as best as I can, but it's difficult. Almost every new thread that comes in to that forum is an AABY thread and I feel that it's just kind of a waste when people could be coming up with more creative things for the Avatar Chat.
Old Comment Posted 10-05-2010 at 07:57 PM
Well are subforums not really watched as much as the main forums? I think there should be a sticky at the top with a warning about spam, particularly in that forum.