14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Find Blog Entries by Dazzlingdreamberry

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

the worst book ever

Posted 04-04-2017 at 04:12 AM by Dazzlingdreamberry
Updated 04-04-2017 at 05:14 AM by Dazzlingdreamberry (didn't finish)

Started new book. This family living in a basement underground. They are all disfigured from a fire. The sister has a baby there. Who is the father? There's only the father, and 2 small brothers. The father is boorish and physically abusive. It's a horrible book. I looked up the summary. It's supposed to be an interesting, wild book. If you can get through the first quarter! Aargh! A book should be savored page by page. I'll try to complete this mission, but I don't know if I'm that strong.

Decided to chuck it. I'm not in school anymore. I'm not obligated to read a crap book.

So I started another one. Some mystery one. Starts out with ladies who lunch. They're a book club in some chichi town. Over botoxed, trim, cynical, catty. Then one starts getting a gynecological exam for fertility treatment. That's it. I'm out. I'm trying to eat my maple oatmeal here. I hate chichi lives. So phony. I like the Iowa book much better. Will get back to my review later.

Murder she wrote on. Going to check out another book.
*^_^*
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

review for Iowa book. SPOILER

Posted 04-04-2017 at 02:42 AM by Dazzlingdreamberry

Sigh. So I finished the book. Kind of like going thru the wringer. It's life from 1913 on in Iowa. And I had made a mistake in calculating her age. I forgot she was already 16 in 1913.

They married young back then and started having kids. The wife rarely had a career back then. World war 1 was going on. So the young girl finally gets together with her farmer boyfriend. It was very romantic. They barely know each other before they marry. She's so shy. But soon having a baby. This always mystified me. The women were so naive when it came to sex. Even speaking to a strange man was fraught. But, get married, and boom they're privy to the secret.

Soup was lentil and sausage. Mr x won't stop talking to me. Geez. I'm distracted and now feeling fractious. Back later.
*^_^*
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

monsieur ugly reappears

Posted 04-03-2017 at 04:00 AM by Dazzlingdreamberry

Warm spring evening here. Colombo s on. Soup was chicken pot pie. Lovely. I'm still off my feed. So a few miles away up in the hills a deer jumped a 10' fence with a mountain lion in hot pursuit. Homeowners found the deer next to the pool with a broken neck. Dam that monsieur. Can't he eat weeds or something? The homeowner now is responsible for disposing of it.

Today was wash day. And I plowed through to get into my closet. Put away clothes. I had tv on Brady bunch and golden girls. So many channels are subscription.

The Iowa book is good. Chaste sensibilities of the '10s. Girls are not supposed to talk with men. Must preserve their reputation. Liddies sister gets pregnant and has to go away. There's talk of war. Just an old fashioned book. Reminds me of little house. I've seen it but it's not a favorite. I don't like the women's hats.
*^_^*
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

threw a new book on the Barbie

Posted 04-02-2017 at 03:18 AM by Dazzlingdreamberry

Me again. Original star trek is on. Opened kitchen window for 1st time this year. And I'm sneezing. Lovely allergies. Just had broccoli and before that avocado. How virtuous I feel. What I'd give to be consuming a pint of haagen daaz coffee. However that is not an option. But a girl can dream.

I was looking up Ch symptoms and complications. I'm thinking my symptoms might be Ch related. Ch can mess with your whole system. There's no cure except to be as healthy as possible. And lots of exercise. I've swapped my 1.5 weights to my 3# ones. Go, go, go! I'm wondering how my ultrasound will turn out.

On to the new book. Totally different topic. A 16 year girl in 1913 Iowa! She lives on a farm but is perishing to start her life in the big city. Duluth. Don't go, liddie! Stay on your farm in peace! But she won't listen, I'm afraid. She wants to attend suffragette meetings and have a career. Gasp! Starting as a seamstress. She doesn't want to marry a farmer.

It's so exciting to start a new book. Follow her on her adventures. She'd be 103 today. But we don't exist yet. The time is 1913. How rad!
*^_^*
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

me and earl and the dying girl

Posted 04-01-2017 at 08:04 PM by Dazzlingdreamberry

Welcome to your weekend! Baseballs on. And it's 80*+. I made a mistake about the soup last night. It was Manhattan clam chowder. I was not myself last night.

So, just finished above mentioned book. I give it a D. There were no heart warming lessons. And the kids did not act like seniors in high school. More like 8th grade. And I read the whole book hoping for some illumination. None came. Though they made this book into a movie, so what do I know.

I'll be scrounging for a new book. Ever on the look out.
*^_^*
Posted in Uncategorized