10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Find Blog Entries by Zephiyr

This is how we work our thighs!

This is how we work our thighs!

Posted 10-23-2009 at 10:40 PM by Zephiyr
Yea, it's that time of year again... when we stay indoors more and eat more. With more food comes the calories so here's a little hint on how to keep your thighs in shape and still eat what you want... you can do this because you'll be burning the extra calories that you take in doing this really simple exercise! And believe me, you will feel the burn ><

Here it is, this simple exercise starts to tone up your thighs and butt the first time you do it. We call them "Iron Mike's." But to put it simply it's like a lunge.

This is how you do it:

Start at a standing position, feet together, hands on your head or at your hips, whichever you are more comfortable with ( I suggest your hips if you don't have good balance!).
Next step forward about 2 feet, with either your left or right foot. Then take the knee that is facing the ground and lower yourself until it touches the ground. Don't rest it there, just barely graze it and don't slam it into the floor either. Ouch!
Next as you come up(squeeze your cheeks and abs at this point!), bring the foot that you didn't step with back up to your first foot. You should be back at the starting postion.
Then all you have to do is repeat the steps, changing which foot you step with each time.

You should do this at least once a day. Try to do as many steps as you can until you feel like you can't walk anymore. Your thighs and butt will be sore but no pain no gain! Make sure to stretch afterwards, a good groin stretch and thigh stretch. Hold each one for AT LEAST 20 seconds, go longer if you have the time. Do the same exercise the next day, trying to do more than the day before. Make sure you drink lots of water!

I've been doing it for 3 days now, and I can already see the results, and I can feel it too. It's a really good simple exercise. I hope this helps everyone like it has helped me!;)
Comments 0
Total Comments 0
Comments
No comments have been made yet