Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Find Blog Entries by Zephiyr

How to take care of that annoying pimple in one night!

How to take care of that annoying pimple in one night!

Posted 10-22-2009 at 12:35 AM by Zephiyr
Hey everyone!

First off, I'm a combat medic in the Army, so I know a little bit about health and beauty care but all the way down to the cellular level. I have a little tip on getting rid of those annoying pimples that take forever to go away! I notice that I get them when I'm on the computer a lot, because I prop my head up with my free hand, so I do this myself :D

Ok, it's pretty simple. You just need a bandaid if it's a rather large, singular pimple and some neosporin/bacitracin (which is just an anti-bacterial ointment!) When it comes down to it, this is way cheaper than all the zit products out there on the shelves. And most people don't know that you can use it as such.

Step 1: Wash your face with a mild soap and pat it dry with a towel!

Step 2: Take a small amount of the anti-bacterial ointment and apply a thin layer to the "affected" area.

Step 3: If possible, cover it with a bandaid and leave it on over night.

When you wake up in the morning there will be visible improvement and more than likely it will be gone :D

You wanna know why this is? Well if you do, keep reading! In the anit-bacterial ointments they put a chemical in it that boosts your skins healing time, it's called zinc. And zits don't like zinc. Also, the anti-bacterial effects kill all the trapped bacteria that's living in your pores and clogging them up. Pimples are actually like a small infection just underneath your skins' surface.

Other ways you can help prevent pimples is to try to eat less oily foods. This naturally raises the amount of oils that your skin produces. Also, if you wash your face too much, it dies out, and your bodys' responce to that is to make more oil! So then your face gets more oily. Funny how that works huh?

Well that's enough for now! If anyone has any health questions or questions about working out, send me a message. I'll get back to you as soon as I can and might even make it a blog post to share with everyone. Because there are no stupid questions... well ok, maybe there are a few, but usually if you are wondering something, someone else out there is wondering the same thing! You're not alone!

Ciao!;)
Comments 3
Total Comments 3
Comments
Old Comment Posted 10-22-2009 at 05:14 AM
[font="Century Gothic"][color=lightslategray][size=2]
Wonderful guide! :) Very informative.

I use an antibiotic gel for spot treatment as well. Pesky hormones!

However, I think it should be made aware that using neosporin (and other antibiotic gels) is only a temporary solution to acne and shouldn't be used too often because your skin will build up an antibiotic resistance. [/size][/color][/font]
Old Comment Posted 10-22-2009 at 09:40 AM
You are right Anoni! With most anit-biotics you can get "immune" to the effects if you use them a lot but the percentage of medication in the ointment is really low, so there is a slim chance of this. The only way that could happen is if you cover your entire face with it... daily... So please, don't do that!!

Thanks for commenting!
Old Comment Posted 10-28-2009 at 02:51 PM
This is very helpful.

I'm off to do this right now, actually.
It beats what I normally do when I get a zit. I think I make it worse, lulz.