Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Find Blog Entries by Winterwolfgoddess

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#2376E1][B]On the mountain peak, you come across a journal lyinging in the frozen snow. The journal does not contain an information page with the name of the author or their contact information. Although you do not wish intrude upon someone else's privacy, curiosity gets the better on you and you begin to read the journal. You reason with yourself it was best to do so, so you might come upon the location of its author so you may return it to its rightful place....[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
School Events As you read the journal, you realise that it is sectionalized. You flip to the section labled "School Events" to see what it contains....
Old

When a Student has to contact the Board of Education....

Posted 09-10-2008 at 01:39 AM by Winterwolfgoddess (||Wintery Wonder Land|| Personal Blog Edition)

You know, it is pretty sad that I had to just contact my local board of education about book distribution. For some dumb reason, they decided to replace almost all the books for every grade level [I]THIS[/I] year. And even dumber, they started with kindergarten, not the high schools. In elementary school, you do not really need a book. I believe that the high schools should be top priority, espicially since my county has two of the top 3 high schools in my state. And if not the high schools, you should at least give us our AP books. But no. We are four weeks into the school year and I still haven't gotten my AP physics book, and my class knows that our teacher has been on their case about it.

This is the message I sent:
[QUOTE]
To whom it may concern:
I am Amber ---------, a senior at ------------- Magnet School. For the last four weeks, my A.P. Physic’s class has been awaiting our books. The lack of a book has been hindering our studies, and although Mr. ------ is doing everything in his power to keep us from getting behind, I believe that it will be inevitable if we do not receive our books soon, considering that I learned in previous AP classes that the first day you are back you are already two weeks behind.
I understand that the --------- Board of Education is doing everything in its power to get all the newly ordered books distributed to all the schools in the county. However, as a graduating high school student of 2009 on the engineering track at ----------, which requires 5 math and 5 science classes, I would like to be given the best chance possible to pass and receive sufficient credit for this advanced placement class. Our physics class is fairly small, with 9 or 10 students. So, if it is not too much of a hindrance, it would be much appreciated if it could be arranged for those books transported to our school as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Amber------[/QUOTE]
(some things blanked out for privacy reasons, plus I edited before sending. xD This is just the message I copy and pasted from word into my email.)

And I sent that to the director of special schools, who was my sister's principal at my schools rival magnet school. If anyone will do anything about it, he will.

So yeah. Right now I am pretty pissed. We had our first grade/test in AP physics yesterday and I got a 60 on it, and I had the HIGHEST grade in my class. Though it would of been admittedly higher if I didn't make one huge stupid mistake in one of the problems. :lol: I remembered the correct order of the problem AFTER turning it in though. But still, that is pretty pathetic. xD
Miss You Guys <3
Posted in School Events, Rants
Old

Highschool Senior Year SUCKS

Posted 08-18-2008 at 10:56 PM by Winterwolfgoddess (||Wintery Wonder Land|| Personal Blog Edition)

Dear ARJ,[INDENT]Yes, our Class of 2009 may be the biggest and brightest one you have had to graduate in years. Yes, a bell curve is nonexistent in our GPAs as well as really low scores....BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR SENIOR CLASS! You know we have been procrastinators all throughout our highschool journey, but making our senior year our hardest is just not right. We are risking our GPAs here... We cannot take the classes we want to, because they are "easy". Nope, you just place us in an Advanced Placement class without asking, making our schedule unchangable because of the classes we have to take. That is just wrong...

Sorry, just had to get that out.

-Amber[/INDENT]
Miss You Guys <3
Old

Senior Year Coming this August.

Posted 06-29-2008 at 05:10 AM by Winterwolfgoddess (||Wintery Wonder Land|| Personal Blog Edition)

[COLOR="purple"][CENTER]My final year in highschool is coming up faster than I expected. Unlike some coming seniors I know, I already have my future worked out for me and just have to work to achieve it.

However, I am kind of dreading school more than ever this year for some reason. It may because after last years stunts my friend Jennifer pulled on me to make me more sociable, I am afraid what she will do this year. xD Lol, I haven't seen her all summer. xD I do not like going out with friends from school. They are too...Hyper? for my tastes.

I still haven't gotten around to doing my AP Literature summer homework assignment. I will start on it soon. Frankenstein will only take me an hour or two to read, and the assignment a couple of days.

So far, the classes I will be taking next year should be:
Dual enrollment college classes of course for Computer Drafting and Engineering Design of course.
PE (one semester)
AP Literature
Discreet Math
Chem 2
Business Law (or if I can manage to get the school/county to agree, college level economics online <333 I love me some economics. Or, I will just take the course over again as a superlative. xD)

So yeah, nothing to hard.

Oh, and I got my senior pictures the other day. Once I rip them from the CD, I will post some of them. ^^
[/CENTER][/COLOR]
Miss You Guys <3
Posted in School Events
Old

Per aspera ad astra!!!!

Posted 05-23-2008 at 05:17 AM by Winterwolfgoddess (||Wintery Wonder Land|| Personal Blog Edition)

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]Per aspera ad astra!!!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]-through difficulties to the stars, a latin phrase.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue]Today is the last day of my junior highschool year. It is kind of hard to believe...[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]This week has been finals week, and it made me really realise just how bad I was strugglin in one of my classes, precalcus. Yesterday I took the final for that class and I am 99% sure I failed it. I know that the teacher said she was going to curve because an earlier classes average on it was a 60. I hope she does it for our class as well, but sadly the people include the top 6 students in my junior class soo... I am just hoping I made a 40 on the exam at least so I can pass the course. Geometry and Precalculus are the only two math classes I have ever struggled with. Algebra is easy to. Hell, the math done in science classes, such as physics, and economics are easy to me. I do not know what it is about those two courses that get me though. Our teacher can teach, don't get me wrong. It is something on my end that needs the fixing. I know my father is going to be disappointed, and that is what hurts me the most about it.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]My other finals have been easy though. Like I said, Precalculus is the only class I have been struggling with all year. xD[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]But at least today is the last day with the easiest exams of the all: American Literature and Pre-engineering(we have to make a webpage and that is almost as easy as breathing to me xD).[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]Wish me luck with passing Precalc though!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=6][COLOR=indigo]YAY FOR SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
Miss You Guys <3
Posted in School Events
Old

Senior Production Coming to a School near me.....

Posted 05-13-2008 at 08:57 PM by Winterwolfgoddess (||Wintery Wonder Land|| Personal Blog Edition)
Updated 05-18-2008 at 07:44 PM by Winterwolfgoddess

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=mediumturquoise]So, as some of you already know, I am a junior in highschool [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=mediumturquoise](and freshman in college). However, that has nothing to do with this journal.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]This friday at my highschool is the annual senior production at our school. It is an event where the senior class acts out a going away skit that they come up with.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]My freshmen year experience of the senior skit was awesome. The did a little "senoritus" skit with super heroes and villans and star wars. xD It was funny as heck.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=paleturquoise]My sophomore experience lacked that. They just did some lame versions of commercials, and stupid fashion show(or lack there of), and a slideshow. Nothing no one really got or cared for.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=lightblue]I am really looking forward to this years senior production, however. They are supposedly actually going to act something out for it. And we are going to use/see the brand new auditorium for the first time.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=plum]I can't wait until next year, when my class does the production. Our is already in the making ;).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
Miss You Guys <3
Posted in School Events