7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Find Blog Entries by Arechi

Random thoughts

Random thoughts

Posted 09-06-2011 at 08:16 PM by Arechi
So once more I've decided to jot down the things on my mind, and the mundane activities of the day.

Today I had my first fitting for the dress I'm to wear at my sister's wedding. Not much really needed to be done, but it was still rather pricey. It's definitely at times like this I wish we could go back to a barter system. After all I find it ridiculous that something as simple as trimming a dress could cost $45.00 alone, plus whatever else needs to be done. Hell if trimming a dress rolls in that kind of money I might as well go to school to learn how to do things like that and open up shop myself. I'm sure it would be bringing in more money then my current grocery job.

Speaking of my current job, I'm rather frustrated by it. I'm still waiting on a transfer that doesn't appear to be occurring any time soon. It probably wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact the store I wish to transfer to is only about nine minutes away from my house, as opposed to forty five minutes away. Someday I'm sure it'll occur.

Speaking also of my house, I've now lived in my current residence for a month and a few days now. Things seem to be going rather well with my roommate, although I will say there are still some rough edges. Neither one of us has yet used our deemed 'bitch' signs, as we've taken to calling them, though I'm sure there's a few times that my roomie should have probably put hers up. I'm starting to be able to tell though when she's in a bad mood, although slamming doors are usually a good sign to anyone.

She works at least one more day then I do, at the store I wish to transfer to, and so I typically find myself to be by myself when I'm home. I've lately taken to watching old horror movies that I bought as a collection. I've just recently gotten to the movies with color as opposed to black and white. I find that I can't help but laugh at them, as the things they feared in the past seem almost silly now a days. Though I will say they're surprisingly gorier and definitely lack the censoring that our movies nowadays have. I can only imagine how some of the females felt with their roles.

I almost wonder if it was sorrier to act in one of these movies or in the rather terrible current day horror movies. I suppose the answer would be the current ones for me. At least the old ones were breakthroughs of their time. Now it's nothing but, how bloody can we make the actors and actresses now, or how revealing can we make them?

Skimpy clothing and gallons of blood seem to be all that seems important nowadays. I haven't really seen many truly [I]good[/I] horror movies in a long time. Perhaps the more recent one that was at least decent was [U]Insidious[/U]. It's one of those though that once you've seen the ending, there's really no point in watching it again.

Well I'm certain that my brother in-law will soon be at my house to pick me up so that I can stay at his and my sister's house for work, so I'll end my little rantings here for today.
Comments 0
Total Comments 0
Comments
No comments have been made yet