Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
25 26 27 28 29 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Find Blog Entries by secretdae007

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Utilizing others' words to project my feelings... sometimes[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
The Ting Tings: Shut Up and Let Me Go

The Ting Tings: Shut Up and Let Me Go

Posted 07-05-2008 at 02:45 AM by secretdae007
When I first started blogging, most of my posts had lyrics to the song that was currently running through my head at the time... I've decided that I want to go back to my roots and utilize the wonderful world of music.

[QUOTE]Now oh so easily you're over me
Gone is love
It's me that ought to be moving on
You're not adorable
I want something un-ignorable.[/QUOTE]

I kind of like the quirky-ness and how some of the lines just seem to make no sense. Yet the singer is able to make it fit together... and you still notice it.

It does get a little repetitive at points such as:

[QUOTE]I ain't freakin', I ain't fakin' this[/QUOTE]

The band seems interesting enough. I've never heard of "melodramatic popular song" as a category for music... Which makes me wonder if there is any other musician out there who claims to be categorized like that...

I guess I kind of can imagine myself singing a song like this and having the attitude to pull it off.

One thing I notice is that the lyrics in the music that I listen to have no correlation to my life. A lot of them talk about love and heartbreak, yet I can't relate to it at all... I guess that I find it ironic that I really love a song and can't relate to the character of the story at all.
Comments 1
Total Comments 1
Comments
Old Comment Posted 08-18-2008 at 11:37 AM
[COLOR="Lime"]I can totally relate to that.
I love listening to songs about people taking revenge for wrongs commited against them and heart-wrenching songs about break-ups or heartache.
There things have never happened to me......Don't know why I like the music so much.[/COLOR]