7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Find Blog Entries by Bartuc

The joys of being a moderator.

The joys of being a moderator.

Posted 09-06-2009 at 11:20 AM by Bartuc
The joys of being a moderator go far and wide. I get to interact with users on a daily basis over a variety of things I never thought I would before. Whether it is in a forum I never would have gone in before. Maybe you post a topic which I normally wouldn't respond in and I go in there to read through some posts and get intrigued and respond.

Another joy for me is being able to help everyone. Sometimes I will get a PM or a report and I help a user figure out what is going on with something and make things better for them.

Although, I think my all time favorite is when I get chewed out by someone for their own mistake. Getting yelled at about how it isn't fair. Then turn around and tell your friends and everyone else how much of an asshole I am. Sit there and pretend to play innocent and bad mouth me. Proving that your intelligence level is to far below the average for a person of your age. While I sit back and watch the entire thing happen without you guys even knowing that myself and other staffers are sitting there watching you do this. Making you and your friends feel justified when you do this. Showing your two-faced personality. Do you honestly think this is a popularity thing? You can go around and brag to your friends about how popular you are and that you 'showed' that staffer what was up?
Seriously, I think alot of people need to shut the fuck up and grow the fuck up. This isn't motherfuckin high school. This isn't your big shot at being noticed. This is a forum. Where the only thing that matters is your attitude and how people respond to what you do. Everything is watched by users. Users see what you do and they judge you by these actions. There is no need to sit there and bad mouth someone. It can be found through the forum search. There is no need to defend your innocence to anyone but support and staff. Having all your friends sit there and think your lie is truth isn't going to get your infraction or banning taken off. All it will do is make bitter attitudes. Which is why there are multiple staffers who rarely post outside of their little holes.

--Tony
Comments 2
Total Comments 2
Comments
Old Comment Posted 09-14-2009 at 10:42 PM
[QUOTE]Seriously, I think alot of people need to shut the fuck up and grow the fuck up. This isn't motherfuckin high school. This isn't your big shot at being noticed. This is a forum. Where the only thing that matters is your attitude and how people respond to what you do.[/QUOTE]

AMEN TO THAT.

I am right there with you. As mean as this sounds, I think anyone who wants to play the popularity contest on a site like this... is wasting there time. No offense meant to those who use it (I have an active account there myself) but those people who want to be popular should go play on MySpace or something similar...
Old Comment Posted 09-20-2009 at 09:48 PM
Haha another one which never ceases to amaze me on the site where I moderate, is members who somehow think we will not notice copy pasted posts. I have come across things as blatantly obvious as direct wikipedia posts.

Complaints however is not something I have come across that often. Although I can only wonder if this is because of cultural differences between an avatar based forum and a rom based forum.