Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
25 26 27 28 29 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Find Blog Entries by Knerd

School News All blogs related to my classes and delightful academic pursuits.
Old

War & Peace & Kickball

Posted 09-12-2008 at 07:32 PM by Knerd
Updated 09-12-2008 at 10:28 PM by Knerd

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I am a good kickball player.
The entire story is based around this idea, so allow me to reiterate:
[b]I am a good kickball player.[/b]

So when my crew team decided to sign up for a charity kickball tournament, I thought to myself "Sure, this'll be great!"

I got all pumped up. I convinced all the other girls to sign up and wear our uniforms and even bring signs so that we could cheer on the boy's crew team. It was going to be a fun night of teambuilding and getting to know each other, while kicking ass at the same time.

There weren't a lot of teams signed up - 6 total.
Some of my team was getting nervous because we were all girls and it can be a little intimidating go up against a team of all guys. But I looked at the list and saw that there was another all-girls team playing in the tournament.

You'd think that the umpires would put our two teams against each other on the first round, right?
Wrong.

We went up against the [b]ROTC[/b] team!

For those of you who don't know, that's the Army Reserves.
It's the six foot 7 muscled troop of he-men who could snap me in half with their forefingers.

The game was a complete loss right from the start: They knocked us down when running the bases, pitched the balls so hard that it would actually hurt to kick them, and generally just dominated the field. And there was really nothing we could do about it. The game ended in a score of 0-15.

Oh well, no shame in losing against he-men.
At least I got a free "Domination" t-shirt:

[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/jtusz6.png[/img][/FONT]
I put the K in "Misspelling"
Posted in School News
Old

Two Surprises

Posted 05-06-2008 at 11:14 PM by Knerd
Updated 05-12-2008 at 05:02 PM by Knerd

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Remember that list of six essaies I posted a few days ago?

Five are handed in, three of which were already graded and given back to me, and I have yet to start the last. But the interesting thing is:
I e-mailed the first draft of one paper in to my professor for her to look over and she surprised me today by handing it back with an "A" written on the top, saying that it was so good I didn't need to bother handing in a final copy. Pretty good work, if I do say so...

I was walking down the street today when I noticed a rather strange car parked by the sidewalk. It was painted with racing stripes along the side and had a cardboard Red Bull strapped to the back. Two girls were standing next to it, handing out free Red Bulls. When I walked up to them, one reached into a refrigerator [i]built into the side panel of the trunk[/i] and handed me a free sample.

So now I have Red Bull sitting in my fridge.

[B]Hooray for serendipity![/B][/FONT]
Posted in School News
Old

Why Must School Be So Much Work?

Posted 05-01-2008 at 02:19 AM by Knerd
Updated 05-12-2008 at 05:03 PM by Knerd

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][INDENT]Does Islamic Revivalism Challenge a Stable World Order?

Are Chinese Confucianism and Western Capitalism Compatible?

The Dialogue on Freedom: A Personal Assessment

Joe the King: Examining the Psychology of a Delinquent Adolescent

Anxiety Disorders: Social Anxiety and Selective Mutism in Children 15 and Under

The Art of Narration Within the Song of Roland[/INDENT]

Alright Menewsha, I ask you: [B]Which essay should I write first?[/B][/FONT]
Posted in School News
Old

A Whirlwind of a Day

Posted 04-25-2008 at 10:50 PM by Knerd
Updated 05-12-2008 at 05:02 PM by Knerd

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Let's just say that it's been hectic.

This morning was off to a rough start. The girls who live next door to me apparently didn't spend the night in their room, so when their alarm clock went off at 5:30 in the morning there was no one to shut it off. The thing rang for hours. I could hear it straight through my wall and through the open windows. It's the most ear piercing, annoying alarm ever invented. It caused me to lose about 3 1/2 hours of sleep, sleep that I had [i]earned[/i].

This isn't the first time it's happened, but I'm just going to pray that it's the last.

When I was getting dressed, I was so distracted by feelings of "I hate them" that I ended up grabbing the wrong set of notebooks for class. Rather than MWF, I had to take notes all day in my TTH book. [i]And[/i] I forgot my copy of the text for my art history class, so I had to lean over the shoulder of the boy next to me and try my best to keep up.

And as much as I love Mene, I have to admit that there's a lot to be done over here, as well.

So right now I'm just going to finish up my take-out Chinese food, drink my Gatorade, and bust out my work until it's time for me to go to the theatre at 8. This semester's show is Cabaret, and I couldn't be more excited. :O[/FONT]
Posted in School News