12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

Find Blog Entries by Amo_Angelus

Adoption thread - Closed

Adoption thread - Closed

Posted 06-09-2008 at 12:35 AM by Amo_Angelus
Updated 06-09-2008 at 12:51 AM by Amo_Angelus
Yeah, that's right, I've temporarily closed the adoption center and it will remain that way for two weeks. And once again people seem surprised that I have done so... Which only justifies my reasons.

You see it's my 21st birthday on Wednesday and as always Jayms is coming up to see me, so I've booked the time off work. Well I book all of Jayms' visits off of work, but I still tend to pop in to check up on things. It goes slow when I pair people up, but I don't usually close it, so why am I now?

Simple.

And I'm sure a fair few adopters can relate to this as well.

How many people do I pair up a month? Around 50. Do you know how many actually talk to their adopters after I've paired them up? around 10 a month. And do you know how many of those actually thank me? less than one a month.

Do you know how many adopters don't bother to tell me when they're going to be away? Around five. And they're also the ones who reply back to me when they contact their newbie. Everyone else I don't know. I have no idea if they still want to adopt, until their newbie starts crying on the thread about not hearing from their adopter.

A lot of Adopters have expressed a wish to leave the thread because of the ungrateful newbies, and you guys should understand that reason very well. Because you see, while I give you a few newbies a month, I get it from pretty much every one that applies. And I get it from some of the adopters too. So I am going to take a well earned break from it.

I think I deserve it.

But that's not where it stops. A lot of people who call me their friend no longer stop by to talk to me. So I don't even feel wanted off of the thread. At least in the thread there are a coupleof regulars who stop and chat with me, and angel spirit girl will do too whenever she sees me out of the thread. But There's not many people who do anymore.

I think a couple of weeks away from this site will do me the world of good. Even if no one really misses me, I should miss Mene enough afterwards to be active again.

Now I know some of you see that I have a helper on this thread and are wondering why she doesn't run it while I'm gone. The simple answer....
She's left Menewsha.

Probably not for good, but she's not expected to return any time soon because of family commitments and emotional issues. And I'd never ask her to come here and do this for me. But I still love her and she will probably be my helper again when and if she comes back, and I'm not about to give up on her. And that is why she is still listed as my helper but not actually helping at the moment.

See you in two weeks...ish.
Comments 8
Total Comments 8
Comments
Old Comment Posted 06-09-2008 at 06:22 AM
I srsly thought it was because so many newbies are retarded. xD But I understand and I was gonna' PM you to be ask but I didn't want to be a pest. >.> And I'm super fuggin' busy right now. As a matter of fact I shouldn't be on Menewsha because I have two final papers due tomorrow and jury duty at 8:30. But I thought I'd take the time to say ILU. M'kay. ;3 <3333

Have fun with Jayms. x)))
Old Comment Posted 06-11-2008 at 12:55 PM
No Jamjam?? :headdesk: so this is why I have not seen you around menewsha. I will have to subscribe to the adopt a newbie thread to find you agian.
Old Comment Posted 06-11-2008 at 03:09 PM
[CENTER][COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Century Gothic"]hey there, i'm not a newbie nor am i an adoptor if i was i would be one of those to notify you of what is going on even posting in the thread if i had too

i think you deserve it, have a fun time and relax Menewsha won't disappear on you :D[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old Comment Posted 06-20-2008 at 08:30 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]You know TKC will always welcome you.
And to be honest, I don't much leave TKC, so I'm in the same boat as far as that goes.

[/COLOR]
Old Comment Posted 06-21-2008 at 12:30 AM
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Magenta"]Happy 21st Birthday, Angel! You enjoy all the time you have with Jayms. I'll see you when you come back online and tell me all about it![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old Comment Posted 06-27-2008 at 02:34 AM
*pets* I be around once again now do not despair I'm not opening up the thread again for another couple of days yet as I feel all lonely and depressed now Jayms has gone home and one of my guinea pigs died so I don't feel like handling the newbies just for a couple more days.
Old Comment Posted 06-29-2008 at 09:52 PM
*checks in*
Well, I totally understand why you closed it down now. And if they are 'friends' and don't talk to you regularly, why don't you break the friendship? And I guess not all newbs are nice... Which is really sad. But, what can people really do?
Have a nice break, hope you feel good again soon, and I hope this doesn't push you of mene because there are a lot of nice people here, not just unruly and ungrateful n00bs/newbs!
Old Comment Posted 07-03-2008 at 01:50 AM
Pft most nice people have left mene. Or no longer go anywhere but the threads they know their friends are on. There's a lot of Expletives on here nowadays.