☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-07-2015, 11:22 PM

yes you do! until tomorrow evening

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 07:23 PM ----------

sweet! i'll add those to the front now!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-07-2015, 11:24 PM

Woot! Thanks hun! I thought I had missed the deadline so I was waiting for the next round! :3

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-07-2015, 11:39 PM

nope, i extended last week for another week because there were so few nominations it's so sad! it doesn't feel like very long ago that there were like nominations up in the teens. it shows pretty clearly how slow things have been around these parts

Titus Andronicus
*^_^*

Old 06-08-2015, 12:08 AM

oops just realised i was voting when i should have been nomming xD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-08-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
nope, i extended last week for another week because there were so few nominations it's so sad! it doesn't feel like very long ago that there were like nominations up in the teens. it shows pretty clearly how slow things have been around these parts
I'm starting to think maybe because it's summer and more people are outdoors than on Mene? I'm honestly the opposite, but I feel like everything is so slow right now! Maybe there just aren't as many avi changes or people around who are posting so their avis get seen? I do agree though - it feels like there's a huge drop in noms lately - normally when I see the front page it's full!

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus Andronicus View Post
oops just realised i was voting when i should have been nomming xD
LOL! Well now you're ahead of the game!!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-08-2015, 01:30 AM

all very good points, emma we've still got one day though sooo titus has time

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-08-2015, 01:38 AM

That's true! :D

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 06-08-2015, 06:33 AM

cant wait to vote :D

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-08-2015, 07:09 AM

Same! I didn't know how to vote until recently - apparently we just PM but I thought there was a form or something that I as completely missing XD; Kinda sounds silly after I figured it out!

M i r o
Comatose

Old 06-08-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]M i r o -
HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE FFX/FFX-2
You are banned from all future discussion!!
Pff

It's just not all that great to me.
I like Rikku's character design and Aurons, though.

I think Aurons character was the only interesting one out that world.
Besides them, I only liked deciphering the Czech language.

Everything else was just uneventful.
But they were more interesting when they appeared in Kingdom Hearts games.

Quote:
M i r o:
oh yea i mean some of those battles in X were pretty difficult but i found that i really liked the kind of forbidden love story... call me a sap if you want that is primarily why i played X-2 because i am such a friggin sucker for a happy ending and i wanted tidus and yuna to be together! i got a bit hung up on trying to get all of the parties individual ultimate weapons (in X) but some of those were really hard too! like dodging lightening 200 times! that's freakin insane!! i did really like how the blitzball was played though and i got pretty good at it they brought it back a bit in X-2 but it wasn't the same and not as fun.

the old school games are pretty amazing, like i remember watching my mom play them when i was a kid and then i played then when i got older. even now i still call her up if i get stuck somewhere VII was pretty awesome too but i actually didn't play that all the way through until i saw the 'advent children' movie >.> my mom played it in the past so i had known the story but yea, good game . my brother also gave me his copy of XII but i haven't played it yet and i don't have a system to play XIII or any one after that. perhaps someday it's not something i need to purchase/waste money on right now

don't be too harsh on X-2 though, it's supposed to be super "poppy" and a bit flaky and at first it was annoying but there is a lot that you can do and so many things to find. even the choices you make affect the ending of the game!

Emma Corrin:
i have been thinking about getting it out again too that makes me excited and kind of... worried! i'll get sucked in!
don't ban miro yet! it's not like the others, on many levels, baby steps ease her in gently

doing some of those aeons would be amazing! shiva was always one of favorites but there are some other pretty amazing looking ones too! it's the detail!

kasakir: i've so thought about trying to replicate those looks for my avi and it's extremely hard! i found VII was a bit easier in some regards, like i've done a yuffie and aerith cosplay i think the other version of rikku could be done too, the one from X i mean. definitely a possibility and probably a little easier than the one you did from X-2 less items!
Linnea:
? I don't think their love is forbidden. He's just a summoned Fayth born of Zana that hasn't been found in the game naturally and is forcefully thrown into it ahead of time as the main player. xD People falling in love with those kinds of things, I think is natural in FF games.

I mean, in ffxii Balthier and Fran have a kinda close relationship going on.
And in ffxiii they make Odin a father figure for Lightening (Clare), who protects her.

But yeah. FF will do that to you, if you're hoping for a nice love ending. They made the others so you have to work to get Yuna and Tidus to the point of being together and him deciding to stay with her. He is a real character in the same time period of her after all. - I read the game descriptions for ffx/ffx-2.

The blitz game was okay. I prefer the Chocobo racing games more <3

Your mother played the first games made? Wow.
I mean, I never played those even when I found out about ffvii. xD

I kinda wish they'd reinvent ffvii like the movie they made for it.
Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus was supposed to make up for that but it still doesn't help.

But I'm not harsh on ffx, it's just not ever going to be for me.

Oh. I think the 360 should be for cheaps these days since they made Xbox1.
I got it for the 360 since my guy has the console.

Ffxii + Ffxiii is a longer game than the others. That is, if you play the Monster Hunts c:
You unlock rare items n such when you do.

I actually prefer Snow's Shiva than the original Shiva in ffxiii.
She's split into 2 and are "sisters" that make a 2-headed futuristic motorcycle xD

Last edited by M i r o; 06-08-2015 at 02:33 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-08-2015, 10:24 PM

-Rolls into the thread- ello mates

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-09-2015, 01:04 AM

@miro: i just meant forbidden as in she is supposed to die as the summoner and thus wasn't really "allowed" to be with someone. to be a summoner is to sacrifice your life for the sake of others. but tidus only comes back because the fayth allow it, i believe (and it's all speculation because it's terribly ambiguous a lot of the time) that he wasn't real that whole time but because yuna wanted it so bad, and worked so hard and proved it to the fayth (in the second game), that she was granted her wish, so to speak.
and yes! my mom played all those games when i was growing up. she even had the original super nintendo games. my youngest brother and i blame her for our love of the series. it didn't catch with my other three siblings lol

hmm i suppose i shall go find user... *trods off*

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 09:04 PM ----------

and hello, kiyoto!

User
User = Linnea

Old 06-09-2015, 01:11 AM

With SEVEN nominations you all get TWO votes this week! Good luck everyone!
momochan: I sent the gold over!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 06-09-2015, 01:17 AM

Whoo hoo! More votes! :D *goes to pick*

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-09-2015, 03:40 AM

Linny. hi lol

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-09-2015, 05:44 AM

Voted! ;D

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-09-2015, 07:08 AM

Voted! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
Pff

It's just not all that great to me.
I like Rikku's character design and Aurons, though.

I think Aurons character was the only interesting one out that world.
Besides them, I only liked deciphering the Czech language.

Everything else was just uneventful.
But they were more interesting when they appeared in Kingdom Hearts games.
Auron's character was definitely a mystery and interesting to discover that's for sure - I enjoyed his storyline!

Rikku is definitely one of my favorites as well - I've always adored that spunky girl since day one - she's just so fun to interact with! And I agree - the Al Bhed language is so fun to decipher - I enjoyed finding those books as well :3 I don't know if I ever completed it though... I honestly don't remember lol!

I can see, when put in comparison to the other games, FFX and FFX-2 are pretty uneventful and are mainly story-modes, but I think that's what I love about them - they're so full of character development and story that it's not just fighting and battles, but so much more - and it's interactive and determines the end of the game. I'm not a huge gamer, so the more story there is the better I am - I really stink at combat xD;

I will say that though I totally ship Yuna/Tidus, I've always wondered how Tidus/Lulu and Yuna/Seymour would pan out. I think it would be so awesome if there was an alternate game that did that!! Not going to lie, I'd totally route for Seymour. I love his character!! I always hate having to kill him... especially when he dies for real on the mountain..

Oh I agree! The FF characters that get put into Kingdom Hearts are awesome - I love getting to experience all of the characters that way! Especially because some of them are kids while others are adults - they're totally out of game and thrown into a new plot and context - I love that they did that with the KH games. :3 I can't wait for KH3! I already have the original 1 & 2 and the 1.5 and I want to say 2.5 if it's already been released - if it hasn't then I have it on preorder. I honestly don't remember if that one has ever come in or not though without looking.... I also have the 365/2 or whatever that one is for the DS - I'm not overly far in it, but that one has a really fun plot as well. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoto View Post
-Rolls into the thread- ello mates
Hiya! How's it going? :)

---------- Post added 06-09-2015 at 03:10 AM ----------

AHHHHHHHHH!!! Captain Howdy: WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!? I nearly just peed my pants after I posted my post...

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-09-2015 at 07:11 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 06-09-2015, 12:49 PM

Hello there lol

M i r o
Comatose

Old 06-10-2015, 01:29 AM

Quote:
@miro: i just meant forbidden as in she is supposed to die as the summoner and thus wasn't really "allowed" to be with someone. to be a summoner is to sacrifice your life for the sake of others. but tidus only comes back because the fayth allow it, i believe (and it's all speculation because it's terribly ambiguous a lot of the time) that he wasn't real that whole time but because yuna wanted it so bad, and worked so hard and proved it to the fayth (in the second game), that she was granted her wish, so to speak.
and yes! my mom played all those games when i was growing up. she even had the original super nintendo games. my youngest brother and i blame her for our love of the series. it didn't catch with my other three siblings lol

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 09:04 PM ----------

[/COLOR]and hello, kiyoto!
Ah. Well, I read the spoilers on GAMEFAQ if Tidus was real.
He becomes real because he touched sin or is created from sin because of dream of zana, blah blah

People on gamefaq usually know everything xD
I use it for all walkthroughs I need.

But pff, no one ever follows the rules! Ff is all about fighting destiny ~
Fufu. Though, I guess thats true if they actually forbade it. Not that ppl listen, lul

Aww! Maybe it skipped a generation, haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Auron's character was definitely a mystery and interesting to discover that's for sure - I enjoyed his storyline!

Rikku is definitely one of my favorites as well - I've always adored that spunky girl since day one - she's just so fun to interact with! And I agree - the Al Bhed language is so fun to decipher - I enjoyed finding those books as well :3 I don't know if I ever completed it though... I honestly don't remember lol!

I can see, when put in comparison to the other games, FFX and FFX-2 are pretty uneventful and are mainly story-modes, but I think that's what I love about them - they're so full of character development and story that it's not just fighting and battles, but so much more - and it's interactive and determines the end of the game. I'm not a huge gamer, so the more story there is the better I am - I really stink at combat xD;

I will say that though I totally ship Yuna/Tidus, I've always wondered how Tidus/Lulu and Yuna/Seymour would pan out. I think it would be so awesome if there was an alternate game that did that!! Not going to lie, I'd totally route for Seymour. I love his character!! I always hate having to kill him... especially when he dies for real on the mountain..

Oh I agree! The FF characters that get put into Kingdom Hearts are awesome - I love getting to experience all of the characters that way! Especially because some of them are kids while others are adults - they're totally out of game and thrown into a new plot and context - I love that they did that with the KH games. :3 I can't wait for KH3! I already have the original 1 & 2 and the 1.5 and I want to say 2.5 if it's already been released - if it hasn't then I have it on preorder. I honestly don't remember if that one has ever come in or not though without looking.... I also have the 365/2 or whatever that one is for the DS - I'm not overly far in it, but that one has a really
He reminds me of a updated cool "Cid" from ffvii. Or at least a fatherly looking Cloud spin off.

Rikku I think is a spin off of Yuffie (ffvii). And Vanelle (ffxiii) is a spin off from them. Lol
Vanelle could actually be Rikkus twin, if I think about it. Shes sickeningly happy-go-lucky.

Aha... deciphering them did take a lot of patience.
I think I got to decipher at least 1-2???

Aww! But you love pokemon, yes? Its like that but more primal/sophisticated-ish.
I just cant have just the story. I like the freedom to go off the main plot. xD

Ffxii and ffxiii are heavily story based too but is also heavily battle-based. I can't stand ppl just prattling on in shows/games and not doing anything other than the main story. Ffxii and ffxiii focus more on the world, sub-characters, rare monster/item hunts and the GFS.

Might be why the games take so long to defeat. The bosses are so hard at times
But I like that they put icon indicators telling you if an enemy if OK to kill or to avoid.

And yeah, KH puts all of them to use!
I found it quirky they made Rikku/Yuna/Paine into trouble making fairies.

They implemented more of Cloud/Sephiroths conflict from their game, it was cool.

As in love couples?
I never really thought any of the female characters went with the males.
The males seemed more connected. Probably why theres a lot of BL stories

What???? They're making a third? Is it even for 360/PS2?
I have 1 and 2. I had Chain of memories but I gave that to my brother.

I also had the prequel of KH but I gave that to my brother too.
I didnt really enjoy the spin offs much... I prefer the org. characters.

I really wanted Dream Drop Distance!
The heartless creatures are sooo amazing <3 ♥

Is 365/2 the one about Org. Xiii?
I wanted that badly before but I lost interest, lol

Last edited by M i r o; 06-10-2015 at 01:36 AM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-10-2015, 04:30 AM

@Emma Corrin ~ *wickedly twiddles fingers*

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-10-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoto View Post
Hello there lol
Hiya! What're you up to? :D

Quote:
He reminds me of a updated cool "Cid" from ffvii. Or at least a fatherly looking Cloud spin off.

Rikku I think is a spin off of Yuffie (ffvii). And Vanelle (ffxiii) is a spin off from them. Lol
Vanelle could actually be Rikkus twin, if I think about it. Shes sickeningly happy-go-lucky.

Aha... deciphering them did take a lot of patience.
I think I got to decipher at least 1-2???

Aww! But you love pokemon, yes? Its like that but more primal/sophisticated-ish.
I just cant have just the story. I like the freedom to go off the main plot. xD

Ffxii and ffxiii are heavily story based too but is also heavily battle-based. I can't stand ppl just prattling on in shows/games and not doing anything other than the main story. Ffxii and ffxiii focus more on the world, sub-characters, rare monster/item hunts and the GFS.

Might be why the games take so long to defeat. The bosses are so hard at times
But I like that they put icon indicators telling you if an enemy if OK to kill or to avoid.

And yeah, KH puts all of them to use!
I found it quirky they made Rikku/Yuna/Paine into trouble making fairies.

They implemented more of Cloud/Sephiroths conflict from their game, it was cool.

As in love couples?
I never really thought any of the female characters went with the males.
The males seemed more connected. Probably why theres a lot of BL stories

What???? They're making a third? Is it even for 360/PS2?
I have 1 and 2. I had Chain of memories but I gave that to my brother.

I also had the prequel of KH but I gave that to my brother too.
I didnt really enjoy the spin offs much... I prefer the org. characters.

I really wanted Dream Drop Distance!
The heartless creatures are sooo amazing <3 ♥

Is 365/2 the one about Org. Xiii?
I wanted that badly before but I lost interest, lol
Ohhh - I can see that - I didn't get to play VII much but I do recall that character and I can see t hat resemblance :3

Bwahahaha - Now I want to play XIII and meet her! If I remember Yuffie correctly I can see a resemblance to Rikku - I wonder if FF does that a lot with their characters?

I honestly don't remember how much I deciphered or what I got deciphered - I don't think I completed it though, but it was still really fun when I had the chance!

I loveeee Pokemon! But to me that's not really battling haha It's part of the game because you're after those pokemon and trying to complete the Pokedex and get all of them evolved! That's literally why I play Pokemon xD; So for me that's part of the story and not really "battling" :P IT'S DIFFERENT I TELL YOU! IT'S DIFFERENT!!!

Bwahaha - see I loveee the prattling on! I really honestly suck at the battling part! Like with the one where you have to escape that tunnel right in the very beginning - I CAN'T DO ITTTT! I literally die every time I try, and I don't even get close to the end. I don't know how to do it without dying! It's too short of time. T_T

I think that's why I love FFX/X-2 so much - I don't have to die right in the beginning and I can actually play them all the way through! I don't get 100% completion and I can't do all of the side tasks, but I get a good portion done and I'm happy about that because normally I don't even get that far!

Say whaaaa? They tell you if it's okay to avoid it versus kill it? How?

Right? Lol I thought that was the craziest part of the adaptation, but I still liked it. :3
Oh I agree! I think allowing them to develop a lot in the game was fun!

Yeah! In FFX before you go into the thunder plains, Lulu pulls Tidus aside and asks him how he feels - kind of scoping him out to see if he likes Yuna, and you can sit there and flirt with her or you can be true to Yuna - Yuna and Tidus are supposed to end up together, and Seymour is obsessed with Yuna, and then Lulu and Wakka somehow make it together in the end and have babies, but I've always wondered what the game would be like if Lulu and Tidus made a go for it and Yuna ended up falling for Seymour! I really love Seymour's character - especially as it develops lol I'm a total sucker for him T_T

Yes! They released 1.5 which has KH 1 and 2 expansions, and then 2.5 which has KH 2 and 2 expansions, and they're all in preparation for KH 3 that comes out this Christmas - or at least that the tentative date is December of this year - it could be sooner or later - last I knew it wasn't really far in production yet!

Prequel of KH? Which one is that? I didn't know they had made one!
I actually really enjoy the spin-offs! It gives more depth to characters and the story as a whole :3 Though I haven't really had a chance to play many of them lol!

Yeah! You play Roxxas I think his name is? And you learn about the black coats and how they were formed etc. - it's a really fun plot from what I've played so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
@Emma Corrin ~ *wickedly twiddles fingers*
So cruel.....

M i r o
Comatose

Old 06-12-2015, 02:03 AM

Yeah, there was a prequel made. I got it for the PSP.
Its called "Birth by Sleep" - its where Roxas first appeared (the 1st keyblade masters).

Before he got into Org. Xiii ^
Heres a trailer: https://youtu.be/_EuMuNUu6GM

You get to see more Disney characters that werent in the others.
But ugh... they shouldn't have made so many types of KH.

And yeah, I think thats why they keep their worlds separate for FF. I read they wanted to not do another "blonde" character, which is why they made Lightenings hair pink and the sub-characters to have blonde coloring. Lol I also read that Lightenings real name was supposed to be "Eclaire" but they didnt want her to be confused with the pastry.

They also dont let you know her real name. I googled for it and found out, though, I think it said in a memory scene someone was supposed to call her "Clare" but I skip 90% of the movie scenes and didnt hear it. Otherwise, she never tells anyone her name and everyone just calls her Lightening even her own sister.

Awe, well! I wouldnt worry about the ciphers, its just a small part of the game xD

Pfft, referencing pokemon was just an easy example p: Its still kinda the same since you are leveling up your characters to learn new magics, earn gil, and wear stronger armor.

Haha! Thats why you level uppp! It is tedious but it stops you from dying so much ~

Yes. In ffxiii they use color coding and show you a monsters lvl.
Pretty helpful, especially in that big area before that tower thingy.

There's huge humogous turtle monsters that are like 20ft tall...
I accidentally ran into one and got stuck in a battle and I died when it stomped on me.

Thats actually a bit of a downside of ffxiii. You cant run from battles, period.
Once you get the "game over" screen, you can continue from your last saved point or quit.

In ffxii, I think it shows how strong someone with their lvl also. Maybe color too.
I cant remember because I havent played it in a looong time. xD

Ah. I remember the thunder plains... hated that place so much. T . T;
I kinda remember that. Isnt Seymour the bad guy?

Last edited by M i r o; 06-14-2015 at 06:26 PM..

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 06-15-2015, 07:30 AM

hmm no changing atm?
Is the voting still going on? :o

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 06-15-2015, 04:16 PM

I'm actually not really sure what's going on in here.
It's been pretty dead. Well, mene in general has been pretty dead.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-16-2015, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Yeah, there was a prequel made. I got it for the PSP.
Its called "Birth by Sleep" - its where Roxas first appeared (the 1st keyblade masters).

Before he got into Org. Xiii ^
Heres a trailer: https://youtu.be/_EuMuNUu6GM

You get to see more Disney characters that werent in the others.
But ugh... they shouldn't have made so many types of KH.

And yeah, I think thats why they keep their worlds separate for FF. I read they wanted to not do another "blonde" character, which is why they made Lightenings hair pink and the sub-characters to have blonde coloring. Lol I also read that Lightenings real name was supposed to be "Eclaire" but they didnt want her to be confused with the pastry.

They also dont let you know her real name. I googled for it and found out, though, I think it said in a memory scene someone was supposed to call her "Clare" but I skip 90% of the movie scenes and didnt hear it. Otherwise, she never tells anyone her name and everyone just calls her Lightening even her own sister.

Awe, well! I wouldnt worry about the ciphers, its just a small part of the game xD

Pfft, referencing pokemon was just an easy example p: Its still kinda the same since you are leveling up your characters to learn new magics, earn gil, and wear stronger armor.

Haha! Thats why you level uppp! It is tedious but it stops you from dying so much ~

Yes. In ffxiii they use color coding and show you a monsters lvl.
Pretty helpful, especially in that big area before that tower thingy.

There's huge humogous turtle monsters that are like 20ft tall...
I accidentally ran into one and got stuck in a battle and I died when it stomped on me.

Thats actually a bit of a downside of ffxiii. You cant run from battles, period.
Once you get the "game over" screen, you can continue from your last saved point or quit.

In ffxii, I think it shows how strong someone with their lvl also. Maybe color too.
I cant remember because I havent played it in a looong time. xD

Ah. I remember the thunder plains... hated that place so much. T . T;
I kinda remember that. Isnt Seymour the bad guy?
M i r o:

Ohhhh! I remember that name! I didn't realize it was a prequel!

I like that they made a lot of them - especially because of the variety! I am glad that they're now all on one platform though - that was frustrating when they were first released - I didn't have the other platforms so I wasn't able to play the games - I think they've all been re-released on the PS with 1.5 and 2.5 remixes - not 100% sure though, but if not at least 4 of the variant games are released in addition to 1 & 2!

Haha! I didn't realize that! That's an interesting bonus tidbit for the game - definitely makes you want to go back through the games and see who compares/is similar with who!

Ahh - I guess that's a good comparison when you look at it that way :3 I thought you were meaning it in the sense that all you do in Pokemon is battle things lol!

Haha I knowwwww but I hate battling so I run during 90% of my battles unless I need to fight or can't run xD; I really hate it!!

Ohh! That's a nice feature! Will have to remember that!

LOL Omg - I would have been so mad, yet I kinda want to watch that happen - like, really? Death by stomping? Too funny!

He is but Seymour is still amazing lol I honestly love his character! If he weren't evil I'd be rooting for him But, in the grand scheme of things, it really is such a minor detail.... I'd still probably go with him xD;