View Single Post
monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 06-16-2010, 08:03 PM

Anne, it's not your fault.
Don't blame yourself.

I don't want to sound callous, but, his mother is the selfish one, not you. She left her teenager son in the world because she was too much of a wuss to tough it out and work through her problems. She took the easy way out. I don't know the circumstances though, so I can't say fersure about that (I do believe that you should have the right to kill yourself if you so choose, but I also believe that it should only be a last-possible-option, and that you should seek help and other options first).

Anyway, all you can/should do, is be there for him, he's probably going through a terrible time right now.

But also be careful with yourself. You're just a high schooler. If it becomes too much for you to handle you have to worry about yourself first, and then him. Which sucks, but, are you really of any help to him if you're an emotional mess too? Two crying depressed upset hurting teenagers tend to just feed off each other. :sweat:

Also, make sure he seeks some therapy or grief counseling. It really helped me when I lost my parents.