salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 04-28-2018, 12:49 AM

I have been very busy lately but I suddenly remembered that I had this journal so here I am to say a little bit about cleaning and decluttering progress.

I gave away about two dozen academically-related books for free last month to parents of children who wanted or needed them. That was an interestingly nice feeling. They were taking up a lot of space and it would have been a shame to toss them because they were in such excellent condition. A year or two ago, I had given a bunch away to the local library. But this time I thought it would be nice to see if any people in the area wanted them and they sure did. A bunch of people messaged about them and one even drove from many neighborhoods away to pick up her share. So that was nice. I hope they (well, their children) find the books helpful.

My other room away from home has been mopped thanks to someone who will not be named here but who is cherished and loved always. The floors are not nearly as dusty as before, hooray

I actually had a weeklong break a few weeks ago after a long time without any. So I got to do a lot of vacuuming, which was fun. I decluttered my room a bit. Rearranged the drawers so that I could put more clothes into them. I didn't realize how much clothing I had.

I thought I had made a lot of progress since October 2017 but I can't seem to remember any other big things related to cleaning. Will update as I remember and have time to share <3

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-19-2018, 12:00 AM

I finally finished exams for now, so I started cleaning this other room I have. I have a ton of stuff to be recycled that is in a pile, including boxes, an orange juice container, and an aluminum foil tray. I also did laundry today, namely some uniforms and jackets. We now have access to laundry machines and dryers so that was awesome. The clothes got nice and clean and then I took them out of the dryer all warm and toasty! I also had a ton of plastic bags lying around, which made my tables seem a lot more cluttered than they were. So what I did was wrap the plastic bags within themselves to a small volume, then put them all in a box under my desk. Out of sight! But I still have a ways to go.