I feel I should continue to not watch.
it saddens me so much.
an Eagle fan my whole life *sigh*

So how about you?
gonna watch the Super Bowl?

please be kind
eveeyone has an opinion
you know what they say...

don't hate because I am a patriot...and an Eagles fan!

Last edited by hummy; 02-06-2018 at 10:26 PM..

diehly
*^_^*

Old 02-04-2018, 11:38 PM

I have homework to do, anything worthwhile from the game will be online anyway.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-04-2018, 11:54 PM

Other sister's husband bought so much alcohol from the liquor store for their party that they had him sign a form stating he wasn't trying to start a store with it or something like that. Mother was my messenger for that information.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-05-2018, 12:04 AM

I want to see Pink sing the National Anthem

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 09:46 PM ----------

CONGRATULATIONS EAGLES, SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-05-2018, 03:36 PM

I bought a cap

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-05-2018, 08:21 PM

I didn't watch the game. My parent's and brother barely even glanced at the scores while we were eating dinner. I think in general, no one in my area cared much for either team and ended up not watching. But then, I don't care for football in the first place so I would never have watched. Just surprised that no one else I know watched.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-05-2018, 08:53 PM

it was big for Phillie because it is the very first Eagles Super Bowl win!
I figured at least people would watch the half-time entertainment.
or at least for the super bowl ads, but I haven't heard too much.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-06-2018, 09:58 AM

I did not watch the game. I am not a sports fan.
I figure I can catch the commercials on youtube...and daughter pulled up the halftime show online.
I thought Justin Timberlake did a nice job with his tribute to Prince, though I guess others have a different opinion.
Daughter was relieved that the Eagles won...cuz she and her man had to go out after the game and they were pretty sure that the general populace would be in violent and angry moods if the Patriots had won.
I congratulate the Eagles for their first time superbowl win!

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-06-2018, 11:20 AM

The Super Bowl was a big deal here in minnesota.
However, I watched the Puppy Bowl this year.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-06-2018, 02:20 PM

I tried watching the commercials, but they didn't interest moi.

Now, the halftime show? THAT WAS AWESOME TO WATCH. I thought I wouldn't care for it because he's not one of my faves. BUT IT WAS SOOOO MUCH FUN TO WATCH!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-06-2018, 08:32 PM

I thought the guy and the little children's choir that did God Bless America did an outstandingly beautiful job. And pink was incredible for having the flu. And I did see a still shot of her brother in the stands saluting, he's a Marine, and then showing Pink singing so it was a shot from the back and it was dark and he was in uniform and it was breathtaking I hope somebody gives her that photograph in a really nice frame. I know I would have if I was the photographer. If I can figure out how to copy paste I'll try and find the picture and show everybody it was incredibly moving made me cry. But then the missing man formation flying overhead always makes me cry too.

Yamka Jaden
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 02-07-2018, 03:28 AM

I didn't watch any of it since I had to work for the majority of the game, plus I don't really keep up with sports all that much anyways. Usually if any of the local teams go to even the semi-finals or finals, everyone loses their minds around here and its a mess.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-07-2018, 06:04 AM

Well Philly fans are a special kind of fan
In one of the scenes one of the girls was screaming Philly on fire and you would think they were talking about winning the Super Bowl but actually they started some fires in jubilation celebration I guess I don't know I think and they turned over a car or two as well. I heard someone say a bus but I didn't see any of that

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-30-2018, 06:23 AM

What does the emperor do when the people are upset? He gives them the Circus Maximus.

The world calls it soccer. In America, we call it football.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-30-2018, 04:17 PM

Better?

I got my eagles super bowl CHAMPIONS cap =3

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-31-2018, 02:38 AM

In other words, folks are being distracted from doing things they should be doing. What does it matter which team wins the Stupor Bowl?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 03-31-2018, 02:46 AM

how I look at sports is that it helps people feel united

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-01-2018, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

how I look at sports is that it helps people feel united
United for what cause? The love of sports? All the money put into sports just further drives the machine.

I probably come across as a negative person, but what I observe from adult sports isn't positive. Mass brawls at soccer stadiums, rioting on the streets if your teams wins or loses an important game. Multi-million dollar contracts, the gambling, athletes living above the law. We weren't meant to live this way.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-01-2018, 11:18 AM

granted their is a lot wrong with the world, but I am not looking at the negative parts
I am just saying a common thing to root for brings people together.
I am a phillie fan and we threw beer at Santa Clause, we are not perfect.
they took away our bottles for safety reasons, still they get drunk...
I am an optimist and choose to look at the positive.
sports got me close to hummyfather when I was young ♥

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-02-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:

granted their is a lot wrong with the world, but I am not looking at the negative parts
I am just saying a common thing to root for brings people together.
I am a phillie fan and we threw beer at Santa Clause, we are not perfect.
they took away our bottles for safety reasons, still they get drunk...
I am an optimist and choose to look at the positive.
sports got me close to hummyfather when I was young ♥
I'm glad you enjoy a close relationship with your father. You must have grown up in Philadelphia.
It was this time last year I had a girlfriend from PA. We toured Philadelphia in a horse drawn buggy with an American flag blanket on us that could have used some laundering. Independence Hall was closed for repairs or remodeling and I took a blurry photo of a statue of Benjamin Franklin. Saw Elfreth's Alley. And we arrived too late to tour the USS New Jersey battleship.
Don't ever ask me to book your vacation.

---------- Post added 04-02-2018 at 02:39 AM ----------

I should have been smarter about things since I did stay at the Holiday Inn in Warminster. Wah wah waaaah.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-02-2018, 06:26 PM

Things to do next time you're in Philly
Get a cheesesteak with extra sweet peppers and onions, eat a soft pretzel with brown mustard spicy, have an Italian water ice lemon is my preferred flavor, visit a Wawa and go crazy they have great food there!
Yep I lived around Philly in a few different places and my parents finally got a house 19 minutes from Philly. I am not the typical Philly fan.

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-03-2018, 02:26 AM

Quote:

Things to do next time you're in Philly
Get a cheesesteak with extra sweet peppers and onions, eat a soft pretzel with brown mustard spicy, have an Italian water ice lemon is my preferred flavor, visit a Wawa and go crazy they have great food there!
Yep I lived around Philly in a few different places and my parents finally got a house 19 minutes from Philly. I am not the typical Philly fan.
One day, while driving in Philadelphia, my tractor began having issues, and so I pulled over along the street and called the breakdown department. I was able to get the tractor running again, but before I left, I walked up the street and ordered pizza from a local pizza shop. Simply delicious.

For the life of me, I don't know why pizza from the Northeast is better than anywhere else. Although I've never had Chicago style pizza in or around Chicago.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-03-2018, 02:38 AM

I think it is the olive oil finishing touch.
New York style pizza is the best.
I had some Chicago style pizza and was so not impressed.
it is really thick and it made me feel awful.
it was from Giordanno's and it weighed a ton!
*goes to look for a picture to show you*
chicago style pizza

people eat it with a FORK?!! what???!!
New York Style Pizza

a typical 'slice'

Last edited by hummy; 04-03-2018 at 02:45 AM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-03-2018, 03:11 AM

Quote:

I think it is the olive oil finishing touch.
New York style pizza is the best.
I had some Chicago style pizza and was so not impressed.
it is really thick and it made me feel awful.
it was from Giordanno's and it weighed a ton!
*goes to look for a picture to show you*
Out west, we call those deep dish pizzas. The pizza dough is thick, saturated in oil, and baked in a circular pan with high edges. I used to work at Izzy's Pizza in Eugene, Oregon when I was 19, and Izzy's made really good pizza; both deep dish and thin crust. Before beginning work there, I was required to sign a confidentiality agreement statement forbidding me to disclose the pizza dough recipe. Unfortunately, I never even learned the secret recipe, though I wish I knew it today. It's the only pizza I've had on the west coast that rivals pizza from the northeast.

Even more unfortunate was that Izzy's changed their recipe and the quality of their pizzas sunk like that thick Chicago style pizza did in your stomach. Since then, Izzy's pizza has closed all of its restaurants in the Eugene/Springfield area. I recall the owners leaving a negative impression on me, so it must be that reprehensible people make reprehensible business decisions.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-03-2018, 04:26 AM

Yeah it is way deep dish and they put the toppings underneath the cheese and then put the cheese on top and it's just so much stuff on it theirs. There is also a Double Decker pizza most of the time they make it with Italian beef, which is really good but the double decker part is just disgusting in my opinion. So for me New York style pizza definite winner