Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 03-30-2018, 06:49 AM

Here's an article I found interesting whilst surfing the internet. It's heartening to learn that not all Asians desire to eat dogs.

Quote:
With all the vengeful fury of a real-life John Wick, a Chinese pet owner killed a man suspected of murdering a half-dozen dogs with poison.

Security camera footage recorded in the Provincial city of Yangzhou reportedly shows an assailant shooting a dog with a poison dart gun before fleeing the scene on his scooter.

When the pet's owner found his pooch whimpering and paralyzed, he chased down the suspect with his car and rammed him through the brick wall of a shop, according to Metro.

Yangzhou City Police arrested the driver on manslaughter charges after the dog poisoner died at the scene.

The pet owner's family claims he got "the pedals confused as he was driving" and didn't mean to ram and kill the man.

A relative of the deceased said, "Even if we were in the wrong, that does not give you the right to be judge, jury and executioner."

Dog poisoning has become all too common in regions across China. The Telegraph reports that hunted pets are sold to restaurants for meat.

As recently as December, 2000 pounds of dead dogs were found during a cold storage facility raid in the Chinese province of Anhui.

We're not going to condone homicide, but we aren't going to mourn a dog killer, either.

Brandon Freiderich January 21, 2018

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-15-2018, 03:22 AM

My most popular thread to date! Hoowah!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-15-2018, 08:13 PM

No necroing! (jk) XD

That's really sad tbh.

All those innocent puppies going to waste is actually worse than them being killed. People eat different kinds of meat. Dog is one of them. Here's some other animals westerners keep as pets but are food elsewhere:

Guinea Pigs
Cats
Horses
Rabbits (Some westerners do eat them but it's increasingly rare often though of as "No not the baby bunny!" yes I've been judged for eating them.)
Men ;)

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-16-2018, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
No necroing! (jk) XD

That's really sad tbh.

All those innocent puppies going to waste is actually worse than them being killed. People eat different kinds of meat. Dog is one of them. Here's some other animals westerners keep as pets but are food elsewhere:

Guinea Pigs
Cats
Horses
Rabbits (Some westerners do eat them but it's increasingly rare often though of as "No not the baby bunny!" yes I've been judged for eating them.)
Men ;)
I can't understand the eating of cats. Too much fur to deal with and cats are so darned cute.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-16-2018, 05:44 AM

I dunno, some of them are butt heads... they use their looks to get food and don't really have a purpose like dogs do (or did) in the home.

Skinning is easy if you have a stomach for it. Fish are the only thing I've ever caught an killed myself.

Lot's of lakes around here so yay for having an "easy" food source.