kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-24-2016, 07:56 PM

Our van is bellied out in the snow. So here we r. Cheshire daughter is her. She had a historectomy. The hospital sent her home via the fire department.
We're stuck here like a hair in a biscuit.
We're OK. Warm and fed but nerves d getting frazzled. 4 adults and 2 kids in a 2 bedroom trailer

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-24-2016, 08:01 PM

Sounds super cozy! How is your daughter feeling after the hysterectomy? We are also surrounded by snow but we shoveled a lot yesterday and today to clear a path

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2016, 08:06 PM

Cappy, is this the trailer you were given?

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-24-2016, 10:44 PM

Wow, how nice that the fire department gave daughter-girl safe passage to your house.
She will probably want to sleep as much as she can, for a day or so, so it shouldn't seem too crowded...
Is it too cold for the kids to go out and play in the snow? Is it fort-building snow?
We haven't had much snow, lately...a couple dustings that made for slick travel, but it melts off when the sun comes out.
Even if we did get a substantial amount of snow, it is always that sandy kind of snow that is good to ski in, but doesn't make snowmen or forts cuz it doesn't stick together.
I hope the weather breaks for ya before cabin fever ensues! !

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-24-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlingdreamberry View Post
Cappy, is this the trailer you were given?
Nope, the rash of winter weather has delayed our moving it.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-25-2016, 01:02 AM

ooh Inzanebraned has a snazzy new hairstyle

the Cheshire Pisces, there was a 72 year old man today who approached me and proceeded to tell me about his travels and living with native americans in North Dakota and visiting the Mennonites and Amish and how his father was in world war II and how he knew Spanish, Portuguese, Cantonese, German, French, Italian ... amazing!

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-25-2016, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
ooh Inzanebraned has a snazzy new hairstyle

the Cheshire Pisces, there was a 72 year old man today who approached me and proceeded to tell me about his travels and living with native americans in North Dakota and visiting the Mennonites and Amish and how his father was in world war II and how he knew Spanish, Portuguese, Cantonese, German, French, Italian ... amazing!
It's sad when seniors r alone and lonely. Thank u for listening to him.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-25-2016, 02:43 AM

Honestly -- I'm sorry to say this -- but at first I was a little suspicious. It's not everyday that a complete stranger suddenly walks up to you to have a long conversation, he started asking me questions like where I lived, and he didn't look his age (I actually thought he was in his late 30s -- not very wrinkly, no white or grey hair in sight -- until he told me he was 72 years old).

But when I told him I wouldn't be comfortable sharing that information (like where I live and things like that), he started just sharing a lot of information and stories about himself. He turned out to be a very nice and interesting fellow. And when I told him that I also learned Spanish, he began telling me some stories in Spanish too! That was cool. And he told me that his father was half black and half native American, while his mother was from...I forget the name, but I think a town somewhere between France and Spain! So pretty uniquely multiracial.

He was also telling me how when he started school, he didn't know any English -- because he spoke French and Italian at home (his parents were both multilingual) -- and so they put him in a special needs class. Of course, his parents had to go to the school to explain that he was not special needs -- he just did not know English yet. He ended up majoring in French in college, and he has a son.

Oh! And he was just coming from a vegan Chinese restaurant *nods* he was saying some things in Cantonese, weaved into his English, while he was explaining some concepts of chi as practiced in Hinduism and Buddhism

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-25-2016, 05:30 AM

Dazzy, how very interesting for you! ....and all he wanted was an ear!
Totally, totally cool!
Now his story lives with you and you will tell others....and a legacy is born!

I woulda been more than nervous if any man were to encounter me to ask where I lived!
I'm glad he was only interesting & meant no ill intent....intentional or otherwise.
Some elderly folk can be confused and mistake one for a foe...
And, unfortunately, in today's society, ya just never know who to trust.
I'm glad ya had a nice chat with the fellow...like Capt. said, he probably doesn't have much opportunity to share his wealth of knowledge....and of all those available, he picked YOU!
Too COOL! !!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-25-2016, 12:59 PM

Yes, he was a very nice man who clearly had many interesting stories to tell. It's really sad that many elderly people might feel alone or lonely because they have such a wealth of information, experience, and wisdom that they could contribute if only people would pay attention and listen to them.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-26-2016, 07:01 PM

FINALLY!!!!! we're dug out.
Daughtergirl had a surgery the day the storm hit do we had the grandkids here. That night we got snowed in.
The hospital had the fire Dept bring daughtergirl here& so here we were, 4 adults & 2 kids in a 2 bedroom trailer.
Yesterday with a little help I got one car loose and today managed the rest.
Daughtergirl& Company have left for errands and home.
THANK GOD!!!!!!! Ahhh, hahahahahahahahahaha.......

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-26-2016, 08:05 PM

Hooray that is all very good news, the Cheshire Pisces

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-27-2016, 06:29 PM

I'm glad the weather broke & ya unburied the getaway car! Lol!
Its a cold, but sunny, day, here...Monday we got about 2 inches of snow...just enough to make the roads slick and take the highway department by surprise!
Some days its just good to stay home! Lol!

I hope you're having a great humpday! !

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-29-2016, 02:16 AM

Just got word that the lot where our trailer is, is accessible now so tomorrow I'll see about getting an estimate for having it moved.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-29-2016, 02:17 AM

That is great to hear, the Cheshire Pisces, thank you for sharing the update with is :)

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-29-2016, 09:39 PM

That is wonderful news!
Maybe you can get a veteran's discount on the cost of moving your trailer.
WE would do it for FREE, if we had the means!
The BF once moved a big single-wide trailer...the kind they use for construction site offices and make spare classrooms...with his F-150, before he modified it and his dad illegally sold the truck...
He had to have signs and lights to warn folk of the WIDE LOAD, and I followed behind.
We moved that trailer through some of the busiest streets in the area, about 10 miles to it's destination.
The only near-mishap was some pedestrians, on the sidewalk, very narrowly escaped being hit by the trailer as it hung over the right of way!
Oh!...and when he got the trailer parked, he could smell electrical wires burning...and found that some wires to the amp under the passenger side of the seat had vibrated against some bare metal and only made a big stink! He managed to get stuff shut off before any real damage occurred.

How far do you have to move the trailer?
I'm curious what it winds up costing you.
Is the trailer in livable condition?...or will it need repairs or renovations before you can move in?

I'm getting pretty excited for ya!!
*waits on the edge of my seat for new updates* !

Last edited by Inzanebraned; 01-29-2016 at 09:49 PM..

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-29-2016, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzanebraned View Post
That is wonderful news!
Maybe you can get a veteran's discount on the cost of moving your trailer.
WE would do it for FREE, if we had the means!
The BF once moved a big single-wide trailer...the kind they use for construction site offices and make spare classrooms...with his F-150, before he modified it and his dad illegally sold the truck...
He had to have signs and lights to warn folk of the WIDE LOAD, and I followed behind.
We moved that trailer through some of the busiest streets in the area, about 10 miles to it's destination.
The only near-mishap was some pedestrians, on the sidewalk, very narrowly escaped being hit by the trailer as it hung over the right of way!
Oh!...and when he got the trailer parked, he could smell electrical wires burning...and found that some wires to the amp under the passenger side of the seat had vibrated against some bare metal and only made a big stink! He managed to get stuff shut off before any real damage occurred.

How far do you have to move the trailer?
I'm curious what it winds up costing you.
Is the trailer in livable condition?...or will it need repairs or renovations before you can move in?

I'm getting pretty excited for ya!!
*waits on the edge of my seat for new updates* !
It needs some cosmetic work. There's on bad spot in the floor, but an easy fix

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-30-2016, 03:14 PM

That sounds good, are your kids going to help with repairing the trailer

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-31-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
That sounds good, are your kids going to help with repairing the trailer
Oh shoot no. There's just the one daughter and she can't drive a nail. The grand kids r 10 &3.

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-02-2016, 09:09 PM

With any luck I'll have our trailer moved and set up in 2 weeks

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-05-2016, 05:01 PM

I took boo to the Dr yesterday.
While she was in the Dr room I was out in the waiting room.
So these people came in, a Family W three kids ranging from last than a Year old to 8.
The middle child was 2 like Cindy Lou who. So she found a sports illustrated Mag, not the swimsuit silly. &she was trying to get someone to read it to her# no one would.
So then she came to me& of course I took the Mag and we looked at the pictures& talked about them. She was fascinated by the KFC ad W col Sanders in a football helmet.
By the time boo was done my temporary granddaughter has laid her head on my shoulder and was cat napping.
My granddaughter is 10, but I remember when she was 2.
What a sweet way to spend time in dr office. 💖💖💖💖

Dazzlingdreamberry
*^_^*

Old 02-05-2016, 06:09 PM

What a pleasant interaction for you both:)

kelseydee
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-05-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlingdreamberry View Post
What a pleasant interaction for you both:)
Boo says babies just love me. I think it's cause they feel the love they inspire in me as well as my guardian nature. They know they safe and loved with me.

ladydiana
Planet Rock

Old 02-17-2016, 04:09 PM

It's nice and sunny where I am at .A little warm .Nice weather to go to Stockton Lake .

---------- Post added 02-17-2016 at 02:15 PM ----------

Nice and beautiful today .Nice day for a motorcycle ride

---------- Post added 02-17-2016 at 02:16 PM ----------

Nice nice nice .Come to Missouri Capt.