jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2010, 01:04 AM

Have any of you guys heard of this game? It's new and it's really basic/retro in appearance and people are having a massive amount of fun with it! I've bought it (it's very cheap) but not dared to play it yet because I know what I'm like and I'll get totally sucked into it and just disappear for weeks!

Take a look at how basic it is :lol: Minecraft

It honestly looks awesome, you gather "stuff" and mine. you craft and build tools and houses and things from the materials that you collect. You need somewhere to hide at night because there's zombies and shit that will kill you when it's dark. There's no end goal, you just do what you want and have a load of fun.

The best thing about it is, because it's currently in Alpha, if you buy it now then ALL future updates will be free, once it goes Beta and everything, which is awesome, there's a big update coming for Hallowe'en.
A bunch of people that I know are playing it, I'll share some of their screencaps/vids.

My friend found an area in a cave system that spawned zombies, but he didn't see the one that crept up behind him :lol:

So he tried to get his own back after it killed him, you get to enjoy his silly singing and swearing, too xD

Pretty house/thing that someone else is building (click on pic to see full size)
Click on thumbnail for full view
Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view

I'm really having to resist starting to play this, because I know I'm going to love it! Even though there's scary dudes called creepers who come out at night and hang round your house, they blow up and explode what you spent hours building D:

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-08-2010, 01:52 AM

That looks pretty awsome...and retro. I think Ive got my hands full with the games I currently play, otherwise I might end up playing that. xD

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2010, 06:24 AM

Try it!! You know you want to! :ninja:

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 AM

You're almost as bad as my last boss...though I doubt you would instigate this, then just disappear...he always instigated roudy-ness then he would disappear.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-08-2010, 10:14 AM

:lol: I can do that too xD

I had a little play on this today, ended up digging myself into a hole and not being able to get out again without digging more blocks out to make steps, and while I was doing that I heard this horrible sucky kind of noise and I got scared cos I thought a creeper or zombie was close to finding me, so I shut it down :lol: I'm a big pussy :XD

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-08-2010, 04:37 PM

My boyfriend is addicted to Minecraft. He's turned his house into castles with (min) of 4 bedrooms, has a stepped walkway through a mountain side. A moat around his house. He goes all out. I love watching his enthusiasm as he plays, especially since he looks to me for help planning things out, especially if he gets stuck in his house due to zombies and creepers and forgets he can build a back door *eyeroll**giggles*

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-08-2010, 05:12 PM

I just watched the videos from your friend...those are awsome. I just started playing the free version...and decided to build myself an inpenetrable fortress...well, at least by anyone who cant build. Ive got it free floating in the middle of nowhere, and its pretty big too.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2010, 05:59 AM

I'm being a useless moron so far xD I need to bug my friend to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Even the youtube tutorials aren't dumbed down enough for me :lol:

Then people I know post stuff like this! :o

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's ever heard of this on here!

ThyFaerieQueen
Chase the Morning, Yeild for Not...

Old 10-11-2010, 06:07 PM

You're friend's singing and swearing made me laugh my ass off!!

And now I have no ass!! Looks like a fun game. ;)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-12-2010, 05:32 PM

Yeah, his singing is pretty amusing xD He should swear in his native language though, so we can learn some new words :lol:

It is fun, though creepy as hell at night when you can hear the zombies and giant spiders round your house! A zombie was peering through the window in my door at me! D:

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 PM

PEEPING ZOMBIE!!!

*giggles* one game my bf had, he didn't have enough wood by nightfall to put a roof on, and an archer actually jumped into his house through the roof! It was hilarious!

BikiniProphet
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to BikiniProphet

Old 10-12-2010, 10:12 PM

I am a horrible Minecraft addict. I play it nonstop. As of now, my friend and I are building Laputa. It is taking us a bit.

Nichi
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nichi Send a message via MSN to Nichi Send a message via Yahoo to Nichi

Old 10-13-2010, 07:29 AM

This game is evil!
Not really, but it's so damn addicting! I love it. Definitely worth the $14 or so I paid for it. :)
I play on peaceful though, the monsters creep the crap out of me.. x.x

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 PM

Syraannabelle, I didn't have a roof on my house for days xD But the walls were 4 blocks high so nothing could get over them. But I could see the night creatures up on the hill behind it which was creepy. Though it was fun watching the zombie catch fire in the morning xD

I was brave and broke through into an underground dungeon yesterday! Being able to hear the zombies through the rock but not knowing when I'd get to them, now THAT was creepy! A skeleton jumped out of the gap and killed me xD But I went straight back once I'd respawned and picked up all the coal and stuff that I'd dropped :lol:
I was all RAWR! and build a stair up and looked through the hole, but I knew there was nothing there because it was quiet, so I filled it in for now to keep them away from my house!

I spent a while yesterday laughing at this retarded pig that was bouncing up and down outside my window. I can't decide whether to build a pretty roof on my house or not. Right now it's flat with wood round the edge and glass in the centre, and I took the corner block out and put in a ladder so I can get onto the roof and see what's what. Like where the nasty hissy spider is! I do wish you could throw full-sized blocks! I'd stand on my roof and drop rocks on nasties that were loitering round my walls xD Not those damn creepers though! One blew a hole in my wall >8 (

Rosamond
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-16-2010, 04:39 AM

I've recently started playing this game as well and it's addicting indeed. It really fun and the monsters do make creepy noises. My house is pretty small at the moment but I plan on expanding it. :D A creeper blew up in front of my house and left a big crater, so I had to fill that back up.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-16-2010, 09:08 PM

Yeah, I was mad at a creeper for doing that xD But mainly annoyed because it destroyed the awesome big tree that I'd planted next to my wall!

I need to collect enough stuff to make a bow so that I can get up onto my nice flat roof and shoot stuff that's lurking around outside at night!

Natas

Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM

Minecraft is great. I've had it for about a month. It's full of creativity and I love how, even though it's such a simple game, it somehow creeps me out when I am spelunking. I can't wait for the Halloween Update.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 10-20-2010, 10:59 AM

Oh man, I've become a horrible minecraft addict! I only got it a few weeks ago and I'm addicted. It doesn't help that my friend dragged me into her website project and we now run a Minecraft streaming website and community. Also, I've started making new textures for my world. I have a super girly texture pack full of flowers and hearts and stuff that I customized and

Instead of cows, I have Unicows! Purple unicorn cows!

Also, when I kill pigs, I get cookie dough and when I bake it, I get cookies. :heart:

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 10-20-2010, 02:22 PM

Cookie you are my hero!!!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 10-20-2010, 11:20 PM

Thanks. :D

I forgot to post a link. I'm constantly changing it, but if you know how to load your own texture and you want to, here's a link to my things. I'm updating it constantly. I'm going to re-skin my pig next into a cookie so it makes more sense when ti drops cookie dough.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 PM

COOKIES!!!! D:

That's the Milka cow!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 10-24-2010, 11:51 AM

Crazy XD

I just turned my pig into a Gingerbread pig so it makes more sense when he drops cookie dough. He has gumdrop nipples :rofl:

Next, I'm going to make a pig panda! :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-24-2010, 10:00 PM

I'm gonna have to start doing this stuff xD Can you turn those revolting spiders into food stuffs? :ninja:

----------

Oh god...

Yan likes to annoy the HELL out of me with this song. I didn't realise that's what it was on this until they started singing =_=

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 10-24-2010, 10:11 PM

Probably. They tell me I can remove some of it's legs with transparency. Now I have to think of what you'd turn it into.

Amusingly enough, I first saw that video on an article about the upcoming Halloween update that will contain the "Hell World". I'm rather excited :eager:

Last edited by Peeblo; 08-06-2011 at 01:39 PM..

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-24-2010, 11:53 PM

How can you hate that song, its so awsome. And catchy. :P