BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 PM

@Codette well hope you have fun with it, as inp said it is such a well thought out universe there is so much scope for anything. Would love a really good real time strategy game version of it, like Starcraft/command and conquer.
What race will you be playing?

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 11-26-2013, 08:57 PM

I'm an Asari Vanguard. Mainly focusing on Support and WTF-outta nowhere type attacks. Also I'm the only one in our party qualified to pilot :P

Embyr
Send a message via AIM to Embyr

Old 11-27-2013, 03:37 AM

I just recently came across the My little pony Pathfinder tabletop game. I can't wait to try it out lol. I loved the Mass Effect games but every time we try to run a game based off a video game it never works out right. The last one I tried was for FF9 and we never got to actually play because my friend and I were arguing over if reflect will turn away Holy and Flare. I know for a fact it does. 9 was my favorite game out of the whole series and I still play it. I actually haven't played Mass Effect in a while. I should get back to it.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-02-2013, 04:37 AM

Absolutely shameless plug in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... I'm trying to start a game on Mene.

Embyr

Old 12-02-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmskyld View Post
Absolutely shameless plug in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... I'm trying to start a game on Mene.
I'll check it out. :) I am not bothered if you guys want to post your own thread links in here. If it helps you out I am cool with it.

Wayfarer
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-03-2013, 09:58 PM

Huh. I'd completely forgotten that play-by-posts were a thing. My bad. I'd love to get into some on this site, assuming I have the time, and folks wouldn't mind having me. I'll browse the threads there.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-03-2013, 10:04 PM

I'll be starting mine in a few days... I'm getting the rules finished out tonight, and probably tomorrow I'll post an OOC thread with the rules and a brief introduction to the game world.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codette View Post
I'm an Asari Vanguard. Mainly focusing on Support and WTF-outta nowhere type attacks. Also I'm the only one in our party qualified to pilot :P
So if you got killed, incapacitated or separated, they be up poop creak with no paddle, a hole in the boat, and a hungry croc underneath them. Well thats called the art of making yourselves indispensable! Anyone play a rebel geth lol?

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 02:28 PM

*laughs* exactly, since I have no perception- pilot is listed as an agility- I need something to garuntee they watch my ass.

We have a guy playing geth. Not sure what class he decided...

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 05:47 AM

My sister used to play AD&D when she was in her teens and I inherited all her books. I used to poor over the pictures in her books, and was so eager to play. Once I was old enough and had people to play with, I played D&D 3/3.5 when I was in high school. I had an excellent DM who was very story-driven, rather than dungeon/encounter driven. It was really fun at the time, though maybe he set the bar a bit too high for me.

Up until this week, I've been playing in a game that was a highly customized mash-up of World of Darkness and D&D. We were using primairly WoD rules and character sheets, but the world lore was a fantasy setting based more on D&D. My DM crafted it that way because he likes his players to create characters that are more, well, character-based than class-based. Sadly, my DM was also my boyfriend, and I broke up with him, so I got booted from the game until he recovers. I understand that he needs space, but I miss the game.

Meanwhile, my housemates and I have been talking about starting a game using a Japanese RPG that was recently translated called Golden Sky Stories (Star Line Publishing) It's a super-cute setting, and totally unlike anything I've ever played before. Basically, you play as henge (shape-shifting magical animals) and use your powers to help people in your small town solve small problems. It's focused on friendship, cooperation, and helpfulness, which I find really refreshing after years of games focused on intrigue, violence, politics, war, and general "epicness." We haven't been able to line up our schedules to actually sit down and play a game yet, so I still don't know quite how this system will run, but I am excited to find out. :)

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 09:39 PM

@Chexala have you checked out Wyrmskyld's post? Starting d&d game?

Last edited by Seridano; 12-24-2013 at 05:00 AM..

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 12-07-2013, 10:07 AM

Oh, I didn't see that, I will go check it out. Thanks. :D

Embyr

Old 12-08-2013, 05:04 PM

I've totally decided to run a tabletop game using D&D rules but in the Amnesia video game setting. I am totally looking forward to how it's going to work out. I've been working with a friend of mine on the rules and things and we have everything pretty well fleshed out as far as how everything works and how to explain certain things. I think over all it's going to be incredibly interesting.

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 12-09-2013, 03:12 AM

I've played a game of Pathfinder and Spirit of the Century, but otherwise have only really played some lesser-known board games.

AikaCoonCat
Freelance Artist

Old 12-09-2013, 08:16 PM

my ex tried to get my into it, but he never really taught me how to play O_o so I still don't know how to play XD
I was always interested in D&D though.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 12-13-2013, 01:45 AM

I am more of a board game person, but I enjoy RPGs as well. It's just a lot harder to organize them! There is one RPG I have called Fiasco. It's a bit different from normal RPGs though. There is no GM. Everybody plays a character. All the events in the game take place as dialogues between characters, and there is a lot of thinking on the spot involved! It only takes about four hours to finish a game, and it focuses mostly on the story and the actual roleplay instead of all these long battles that a lot of other RPGs seem to do.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 01:48 AM

As a DM, I try to balance battles with puzzle-solving and information gathering... I'm much happier when my players talk the dragon over to their side than when they try to kill it, even if that does ruin some of my plot-related plans.

Embyr

Old 12-14-2013, 02:32 PM

My favorite board game is Arkham Horror. It's based around Cthulhu and the old ones. It's a lot of fun. My favorite character to play in it is the researcher. I can't remember her name currently but she's super fun.

Zimmerdale
To give a shit or not give a shi...

Old 12-19-2013, 09:51 PM

Warhammer all the way. <3

River Song
Spoilers, Sweetie! ;)

Old 12-19-2013, 10:13 PM

Oh my goodness. You played world of Darkness too? :D

Embyr

Old 12-20-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Song View Post
Oh my goodness. You played world of Darkness too? :D
Yes indeed I do! It's my favorite of the table top games ;) There's more roleplay involved which i never get enough of.

Ravensdance
"Nevermore"
Penpal

Old 12-20-2013, 04:19 AM

I used to play tabletop D&D alot but then got sucked into the Mmorpg's I was a Neverwinter Nights player for a long time.

Embyr

Old 12-20-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensdance View Post
I used to play tabletop D&D alot but then got sucked into the Mmorpg's I was a Neverwinter Nights player for a long time.
I own all those games! I <3 them a ton! My group that I play the table top games with just recently wrapped up a world of darkness game and started a D&D game. I've been blogging about my adventures :) If anyone is interested stop in and check them out. I never really do the stories justice but I try.

Ravensdance
"Nevermore"
Penpal

Old 12-20-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embyr View Post
I own all those games! I <3 them a ton! My group that I play the table top games with just recently wrapped up a world of darkness game and started a D&D game. I've been blogging about my adventures :) If anyone is interested stop in and check them out. I never really do the stories justice but I try.
Ive been wanting to check out the forum RP's and see what their like.
Ive never played them before.

Embyr

Old 12-20-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensdance View Post
Ive been wanting to check out the forum RP's and see what their like.
Ive never played them before.
You've never done a text based roleplay? They're really fun. I roleplay with my roommate all the time via text messages but it's actually just an extension of the table top game we have going on now for D&D. My characters have a lot of NPCs they're dealing with so in downtime we roleplay their interactions with one another. It tends to make my work day much more entertaining. lol
I actually just made a thread in the roleplay forums. I was looking for a one on one roleplay partner.