FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 02-17-2009, 06:35 PM

This library book borrowing thing is going to be the death of me. Or at least the end of my adventures in attempting to clean out my unread books section of my bookcase. *cries*

tirethminet
the leenie
Send a message via AIM to tirethminet

Old 02-17-2009, 08:44 PM

@cherry - ew long distance. i understand that. D:
but yay talking back into. 8D

omg. love today, grace kelly, and big girls are waaay too catchy for me. |D
but i do understand why relax, take it easy didn't make it on the british charts.
i was going to go get it when i went in to get my paycheck (from january, wut. D: )

@shadow - ahahahaohman. conversational japanese from ww2? |D

@dani - i need money. all mine goes to books and manga and dvds. thems get expensive. ;_;

@bishie - ... it kills the toys. DDDDDD:
you don't want this much spare time. i'm going crazy for the sole reason that i'm bored.

@watchmen talk - i still haven't read it. it looks daunting because it's twice the size of your standard sandman paperback and those take me a good 2 hours to read because it doesn't have simple conversations like in manga.
dr. manhattan is a little weird with the nakedness. D:
&& 03.06.09 I REMEMBERED THE MOVIE RELEASE DATE.

@titenya - do it again~~~~

@feyona - libraries can do that. ;_;

ps.
i think i will just go watch firefly today. i am not feeling awesome.
nothing to make me think too hard or even pay attention much.
i should probably go eat something, but i want soup and don't want to make it D:

Last edited by tirethminet; 02-17-2009 at 08:47 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-17-2009, 08:53 PM

I was in Newcastle today and that Dream statue was £75 half price. Forbidden Planet had Sandman t-shirts but I'm not a man or extra-large (I'd like to think I'm not anyway).

The British single charts are a laugh. Nobody buys CDs any more, especially not since Woolworths went bust.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-17-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirethminet View Post
@cherry - ew long distance. i understand that. D:
but yay talking back into. 8D

omg. love today, grace kelly, and big girls are waaay too catchy for me. |D
but i do understand why relax, take it easy didn't make it on the british charts.
i was going to go get it when i went in to get my paycheck (from january, wut. D: )
Yeah, long distance sucks. >< By the time we'll be able to move in together, we'll have been together for just a tiny bit over three years. o_o
No one can ever accuse us of not being patient or not knowing where our priorities should be. xDD
But yeah, he thought I was going to be like, really dependent on him and stuff, he wasn't comfortable with that responsibility. So I had to reassess how hard living "in the real world" would be, and finally decided that all I needed him there for was company and emotional security/support.
Like, I don't want to be glued to his side all day, it's just nice to have him there, even if it's in the other room. Just being available to each other and not alone is nice to me.

Yeah! Go listen to Lollipop. :D
Yeah, Relax is good, but it's not super super good. Of that particular style of his music, I prefer Ring, Ring more.
YAYGETTINGIT. :D Odd that your paycheck is so late, though. oO Is that normal for your job?

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 PM

@kat - £75, omg D:
mwahaha man's xl shirt.
british single charts aren't nearly as funny as eurovision. 8D

@cherry - ohmygod three years.real world, grossss, but it's good to have someone there with you. :/
i listened to lollipop, but isn't wasn't nearly as exciting as the others.
my paycheck is late because there was a mess up when they took off the holiday people, they took me off as well so i wasn't in the system when i got called in to cover someone's shift, so i didn't get paaaidd. @_@
and we tried to fix it and it didn't work. D:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-17-2009, 11:09 PM

Leenie - Yeah. Especially considering how far away I'm moving. I live in Missouri now, but I'll be moving to Virginia. D: It'll be somewhere over 10 hours to get there... ><

Huh, really? I really like Lollipop.

Oh, jeez. D: I hope you don't reeeaaaally need that paycheck right now. D:

EDIT: Yay! I just got Brave New World in the mail today. :D An Austin Powers DVD, too, but that's not so relevant to this thread. xD

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-17-2009 at 11:15 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-17-2009, 11:13 PM

Tireth: Eurovision is srs biznis. I can't believe Andrew Lloyd Webber really asked Vladimir Putin to stop the bloc voting. Your Country Needs You was truly, truly awful. At least Graham Norton is presenting the UK coverage now. Listening to Sir Wogan getting more and more bitter isn't really that fun any more.

The bookends are 'only' £189 here. XD

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 02-17-2009, 11:27 PM

@Leenie and Cherry: I've got mixed feelings on "Lollipop." For one interpretation of the lyrics, my general thought is... eh, okay, yeah. But if you take a really Pro-Abstinence interp. of the song I get very cranky.

Still want to purchase the Cd, though. Mika is a Wonderful Happy Person Who Wins.

Aaaaaaaah, have to catch up with postage!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-17-2009, 11:28 PM

I don't take it as having anything to do with sex. Just a jaded opinion of love, that's all. ^^

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 02-17-2009, 11:41 PM

That's the interpretation which I dig! :boogie:

And, when paired with that message, the insidiously pop-infused chorus makes for great fun.

I'm still particularly enamored with "Big Girls" and "Grace Kelly." They've been on repeat all morning.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 AM

Yeah, the song's pretty funny that way. It sounds all happy and cheerful but is basically saying "Don't fall in love, it'll fuck you over." xDD

Those are great songs. :D I'm particularly fond of Love Today, myself. Buuuut I already mentioned that.

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 02-18-2009, 12:54 AM

@cherry - ohman missouri to virginia. good luck. D:
i like lollipop well enough, but i need something with a REALLY ENERGETIC TEMPO.
that's why i listen to a lot of hard rock and stuff.
but then i turn around and listen to weird slow shit like decemberists and jack johnson. XD
i don't need the paycheck now, but i seriously would like the money so i can see how much i have to determine if i can go to cons and stuff.
AW MAN, AUSTIN POWERS, AWESOME. ::does not care about relevance::

@kat - i seriously need to figure out where i can watch eurovision. i hear about it all the time and never got to watch it.
so i have no clue what you're talking about with webber and putin and bloc voting. or your country needs you.
i try to keep up-to-date on news happenings important to me, but i don't even pay attention to my own country's news. |D
but now that graham norton is doing the coverage, oh man. he is a hero to me. especially with all those footless barbies. 8DDD
dude. for £189 i could get all four absolute sandman volumes.

@aislin - lyrics? what lyrics? i don't listen to lyrics. XD
well, unless it's a musical or something. (coughrepo!cough)

ps.
OHMYGOD. i just realised that someone at ikkicon was cosplaying coraline.
it didn't even register because i forgot coraline had a yellow raincoat.
not to mention the cosplay had a blue (BLUE) wig, i guess to work with the movie, but it was, like, blueblue. BLUE. @_@;;;;
... blue.
I AM NOT REGISTERING THE MEANING OF BLUE. IT'S JUST A SOUND TO ME NOW. i said it too much in my head. :[

pps.
this, this, and this hurt me in all the wrong ways, but this, this, and this hurt me in all the right ones.
even gaiman says that a weeping angel action figure is right and proper. 8D
(though i would not say the same for a davros one)

ppps.
whovians!
which episode should i start dani off with when she comes to visit? 8D
(not, you know, from the beginning)

Last edited by tirethminet; 02-18-2009 at 01:13 AM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-18-2009, 01:15 AM

Tireth: Weeeell. Apparently the UK is the laughing stock of Europe because we don't take Eurovision seriously and that's why we haven't won for a billion years. However, we (well not me personally, I don't care) say that we don't stand a chance because of friendly/bloc voting. For instance formally Soviet states traditionally give high scores to Russia regardless of what the song sounds like.

Your Country Needs You was partly an X Factor/Pop Idol style reality show and partly ALW going around Europe shamelessly begging people to vote for us, including the Prime Minister of Russia. :/

+ Forbidden Planet had Coraline figures too. The film isn't out here yet... and that slitheen figure is ridiculously cute in real life.

Edit: I wrote would instead of sounds. -_-

If you're not going to start at the beginning with Doctor Who (I assume you mean 'Rose' rather than the 1960's Doctor Who) maybe one of the Christmas specials would be good to jump in with?

Last edited by KatMagenta; 02-18-2009 at 01:17 AM..

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 02-18-2009, 01:36 AM

whoever does take eurovision seriously should be the laughingstock. XD
didn't scooch win last time?
ugh, no bloc voting.
but alw, much shame.
... isn't russia part of asia?

i could start at either, but the new series would definitely be more interesting that the old school. XDD
but which christmas special? the one with rose kind of needs the back story, donna's is pretty weird.
so that leaves us titanic and the new doctor. titanic, maybe?
the one i started off with, "fear her", maybe? (olympics)
or, god forbid, should we go with the cassandra episodes? XDDDD

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-18-2009, 04:08 AM

Leenie - Thanks! It's definitely going to be scary for me. Moreso than for some people, considering big change -even if it's good, or at least not-bad - has always scared the shit out of me. When I realized puberty was starting? I cried. A lot. And complained about it a lot. And was generally very afraid of the whole thing. xD But it should all work out. Just hopefully I'll be able to get internet pretty soon afterwards. I don't want to be kept from Mene. D: OR MISS MY TWO YEAR MENEVERSARY. DDDD:
Ooh. You said rock. I know have the urge to link you to a thousand things (I'm a total music freak, by the way. I eat, sleep and breathe music). But to save time, I must first ask you; do you listen to Guns N' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers or The White Stripes?
I am a cornucopia of music suggestions, should you ever want any.

FUCK YEAH, AUSTIN POWERS. :D
Normally I like really deep, dark movies with really intelligent plots. But I love Austin Powers. xD I ordered the first movie a bit ago, and then watched it when I was in a bad mood and it totally cheered me up. So when I noticed that I could get the second one on a trading site...
Yep, I now have two brightly colored Austin Powers DVDs to keep movies like Bladerunner, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and Everything is Illuminated company. xDD
It'll seem less out-of-place once I get Team America. That is an awesome movie. xD

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 02-18-2009, 04:19 AM

OHMEGACKT!! I just finished this awesome amazing and wonderful book and I'm so excited!!! <3

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 02-18-2009, 04:33 AM

@cherry - changes are scary. D:
i freaked out when we were graduating. it was like i was going crazy in my head. XD
IF YOU DON'T GET INTERNET, BE SURE TO FIND AN INTERNET CAFE OR SOMETHING CAUSE WE'LL MISS YOU.
eruhm rock, mostly foreign?
gnr - no. their fans disrespected one of my favourite bands on a tour in japan and they did nothing to apologise.
stp - too slooooow. so not really?
rhcp, just... not at all. XD i'm not even sure why, i just don't like them very much.
and the white stripes are kind of awesome? i haven't listened to much by them, though. :/
but yeah, austin powers awesome.
the creepy part? my brother's name is austin.
i never got to see team america D:

@feyona - ... gackt. XD <3
WHAT BOOK WAS IT?

shadowfoot
*^_^*

Old 02-18-2009, 06:31 AM

@Mika discussion: I love listening to mika when I'm in weird not quite depressed moods because it reinforces the reason for my depression...but cheers me up...XD

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-18-2009, 12:57 PM

Tireth: I believe Russia is still part of Europe unless Putin has gone off on another power trip and decided he owns the world or something.

Russia won last year with some power pop ballad while a figure skater went around on a teeny circle of ice in the background. Scooch came 23rd out of the 24 finalists in the proper competition, two years ago I think. Our last choose a contestant talent show was called 'Making Your Mind Up' after the Bucks Fizz song (we won!). To prove I don't really listen to any of that nonsense: [email protected]

Doctor Who wise... New Earth is interesting and contains bonus Cassandra. XD

+ I started reading Antic Hay (Aldous Huxley) and while I was doing so the post came. I got a letter from Keele University inviting me to a personal appointment in the Huxley Building. Spooky. O_o

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 PM

@kat - ... i meant, you know, geographically. russia is pretty much the entire top half of asia. D:
ahaha figure skater. those silly russians.
oh, well, then that must've been it. i get most of my current british news from reruns of graham norton on bbc america. |D
and even then i can't really pay attention to what is actually going on.
OHMYGOD, last.fm changed since i last saw it. i really should clean out my library list again. mostly because a lot of the info for my music is wrong. ;_;
and i will warm you, most of what you will see in the past couple of weeks will be soundtracks, mostly repo!, but i let my itunes run through the playlist while i sleep.
if i'm gonna go for new earth, i should at least start off with the end of the world. it's got tree lady, what can go wrong?

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-18-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
@feyona - ... gackt. XD <3
WHAT BOOK WAS IT?
Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead. I had never heard of the author before I picked up that book but I knew I was going to like it because of 3 words on the front cover. One of my favorite authors, Jim Butcher, took the time to sit down and read it and he actually liked it. ^.^

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-18-2009, 03:59 PM

Well Russia is transcontinental, but if they want to enter the Eurovision song contest, I'm certainly not going to stop them.

I just listen to the music online, my iTunes stopped scrobbling when I got my new computer and I've never bothered to fix it. One of my friends claimed he genuinely listened to the same Maxïmo Park song over 300 times in a row. :roll:

Tree lady is made of win and/or wood.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 02-18-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
@cherry - changes are scary. D:
i freaked out when we were graduating. it was like i was going crazy in my head. XD
IF YOU DON'T GET INTERNET, BE SURE TO FIND AN INTERNET CAFE OR SOMETHING CAUSE WE'LL MISS YOU.
eruhm rock, mostly foreign?
gnr - no. their fans disrespected one of my favourite bands on a tour in japan and they did nothing to apologise.
stp - too slooooow. so not really?
rhcp, just... not at all. XD i'm not even sure why, i just don't like them very much.
and the white stripes are kind of awesome? i haven't listened to much by them, though. :/
but yeah, austin powers awesome.
the creepy part? my brother's name is austin.
i never got to see team america D:
I knooowwww, I'd miss you guys toooooo. D:

Well, the fans don't represent the band.
Well, in this case they sort of do because Axl's an asshole but... dammit, he writes really good music and sings really well! xDD
STP slow? oO You have not heard much of their stuff. xDD
I... but... RHCP... ._. Their new stuff is blechy but... ._.

Hmm, that is kind of creepy. xD
You should see it! Look to see if Comedy Central is playing it any time soon. It is satire at its stupidest and finest. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfoot View Post
@Mika discussion: I love listening to mika when I'm in weird not quite depressed moods because it reinforces the reason for my depression...but cheers me up...XD
Yes! Exactly! xD I know exactly what mood you're talking about.
Another band that's good for that (but in a slightly more depressed mood) is The Gin Blossoms.

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 PM

BLAHBLAHBLAH.
someone want to break my fingers so i can't type so much? XD

@feyona - i think i've seen that one before.
WAS IT REALLYREALLY INTERESTING?
no. wait. don't answer that.
i still have at a dozen books that need reading.

@kat - the tiniest part of russia is in europe, but wikipedia says it's part of europe.
but THEN on the asia page it says:
Quote:
Northern Asia:
Russia
that's it for northern asia.
I AM SO CONFUSED.

well people can do that. listen to the same song over and over.
but i would probably get tired after the 100th time when i can't tune it out anymore.
tree lady was amazing. <3

@cherry - i don't think you understood me.
the band did nothing to apologise or try to tell their fans off for that.
at least not from what i've heard.
here are translations of blogs and stuff of people who went to the concerts.
and here is some other coverage.
i would take the real serious stuff with a grain of salt, just because there is no proof, but there was serious disrespecting going on.
people don't mess with my jrock. >:[

when i said i need high-powered music, i meant it. XD
stp is hard, but not exciting?
then again, any single part can ruin it for me, and the vocals are hurting me. D:
i'm really picky about music, but it's all because of sound, not lyrics or anything.
(like that gin blossoms video, it was going great until he started to sing)
really, though. i just never got into a lot of american music and the stuff i did get into is fuckin WEIRD.

i'll cheeeeck~
i remember watching like five minutes at one point, but i don't remember where or why i didn't see the rest.

ps.
dani. this is so true. XD

Last edited by tirethminet; 02-18-2009 at 07:52 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-18-2009, 07:54 PM

I think politically Russia is European (they're an EU country) and they would have a lot more land in Europe if they hadn't 'given back' some of the countries that were under USSR rule. Perhaps the areas that border with Asia/are in Asia are largely uninhabited? I haven't the foggiest.

The Russian Federation came second in the last ski flying team event. I know that. Rosliakov. <3

This boy was just trying to get himself on the top listeners by leaving his music playing while he was asleep. I listen to a silly amount of Norwegian/Swedish music. But not that much Finnish, I'm not into metal. :/