Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-21-2009, 03:41 PM

Leenie - omfg. xD I can't read all of that 40 year old female Edward thing right now because I have to make a phone call, but what I've read so far is quite funny. xD Not to mention probably what did happen. >> xD

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 03-21-2009, 04:41 PM

Tireth: It was about 2pm (1.57pm) when you posted, but close enough. =P
I bought 7 books for £1.70. Books are heavy.

Bishie: Don't ban Twilight from the internet! I think the book is overrated teen trash but 'Twitards' and Twilight haters alike have brought some serious 'lolz' over the internet. XD
*ahem*

Massage
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-21-2009, 05:15 PM

I finally finished Black House. Good book but at the end I was like: "NO, no, no, no!" and then everything turned out okay. Somewhat.

@tirethminet: Mhm, instead of a coffee shop on every corner... yea.
It was weird moving here. I miss the shops in the city I grew up in.

And yea, Alice. ^^

-gigglesnort- @ "FURSPLODE"

Last edited by Massage; 03-21-2009 at 05:17 PM..

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Dream_and_Die

Old 03-21-2009, 05:21 PM

@Kat: It does gives us endless laughs. xD

I finally read 'Goth' by Osuichi, the manga version. The book was a lot more suspenseful and though it had no pictures actually felt more gory then the manga. Though if anyone read the light novel, the manga is pretty cool to read as well.
Also I read all the 'Anne Freaks' volumes today. I had Fluers du Mal on repeat so now in my head I have Sarah Brightman running around killing people instead of Anne. Woo! xD

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 03-21-2009, 07:43 PM

4. Influences - Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
5. Bone Crossed - Patricia Briggs
6. Harry Potter : The Tales of Beedle the Bard - J. K. Rowling
7. Looking For Alaska - John Green

I haven't updated what I've read in a while....
MK and Ashley Olsen book was really good surprisingly. It was all interviews with artists, designers, fashion editors...all about their inspiration and how they got started in their careers.

Patricia Briggs is really becoming a favorite author of mine.

Beedle the Bard was hilarious and a really fun read.

And Looking For Alaska is a must read. Oh god. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it before. I recently started watching FiveAwesomeGirls on youtube and they all loved the book so I picked it up and....breezed through it. I laughed, I cried, I fell in love. :)

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-21-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMagenta View Post
O_O ....wat? xDDDD

I actually tried to make something similar to that a while ago. You know the animated picture of someone in a stormtrooper costume pelvic thrusting? I tried to edit Edward's face onto it. But like, one of his really "super srs bsns u guiz this is srs" expressions. It was going to be hilarious, but then I remembered I don't know how to work my photo editing software and so I wasn't able to do it, despite trying.
I've got the storm trooper picture and the cutout of Edward's head, I just can't put them together. ;-;

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 03-21-2009, 08:29 PM

Heh, one of my friends was sick of me spamming her comments on myspace with random pictures (not those stupid "Have a happy Monday!" glittery things, just funny pictures) so she asked for a Edward picspam. So she got one. If you just type 'rpattz' into tinypic or Photobucket there are some hilarious gifs and macros. XD

Aww, if you like I could have a go on ImageReady?

tirethminet
the leenie
Send a message via AIM to tirethminet

Old 03-21-2009, 10:58 PM

@dani - oh good. you need more books there, though. 8D
TEEHEE. there are very few books i really hate, but the ones i do i can't finish. most of them being school books. XD

@cherry - oh it is good. and there's a followup page as well, linked at the bottom.
i actually had to take breaks while reading that because i was laughing so hard. x3

@kat - but... i'm +6 GMT
oooohhhhh. -5 from me to get gmt. OKAY THEN. /confuse
wooohoooooo, £1.70 for seven? awesome.
TWILULZ. YESSSS.

@massage - well i guess they are pretty much coffee shops without the coffee.
i forget where fursplode was from, but someone made lj icons for it, so i saved some. XD

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 AM

Kat - Be my guest!
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/819...28bfa00f48.jpg
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/335...1ce9be61c7.gif
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/819...28bfa00f48.jpg
Edward's head, and Edward's head full-sized, if the shrunked version is too small. Then good ol' stormy.

Leenie - Yeah, and there's a ton more by them that weren't linked to on that page that I found.
http://oxymoronassoc.livejournal.com...wing+up+cullen
"I DON'T THINK THAT'S A BACK MASSAGER, EDWARD"
Oh, how I lol'd.

shadowfoot
*^_^*

Old 03-22-2009, 03:02 AM

I just rewatched August Rush. That movie always puts me in a good mood...

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 03-22-2009, 08:57 AM

@cherry - i saw that, but i wasn't ready to waste precious csi and ncis time reading twilulz.
but now i am, but i may fall unconscious before i finish. D:
but i do find much love in comments about things i actually pay attention to.
like knitting.
"EMMETT'S HAD NO NECK HOLE AND EMMETT TRIED TO PUT IT ON ANYWAY AND STRUGGLED AROUND A LOT UNTIL HE JUST RIPPED HIS HEAD THROUGH"
and stickers. (not scrapbooking, though.)
"EMMETT YOU HAVE TO GO BUY ME NEW STICKERS"
and costuming.
"COULD THEY NOT AFFORD MORE FABRIC FOR THE COSTUMES?"

@shadow - ooooh august rush. i've been wanting to see that since BEFORE IT CAME OUT.
seeing a movie in the theatre is a rare thing for me.
since most of my theatre-going friends are back in new jersey.
and any movies i want to see are either already seen by my mom with my stepdad, or are movies mom (my fall-back friend. XD) would not enjoy.
but going to rent movies is even rarer, for some reason.
there's even a blockbuster right down the street, we just never go.

Massage
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2009, 12:12 PM

Ah, I just realized I hadn't figured out how many pages I need to read a month to reach my page goal of 15,000. 1250 a month.
I'm off to a good start. :)

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 03-22-2009, 08:03 PM

Massage- Congrats! Judging my your book list stats, you're kicking serious butt! ^^

Massage
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2009, 08:09 PM

@Iltu: Haha, thanks.
Spring break. :XD

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 03-22-2009, 08:29 PM

Woo, started a new book. It's by Ben Goldacre and it's based on his Bad Science columns and blog. I've only read the first couple of chapters so far and I've already learned people pay a fortune for 'Aqua Detox' when the supposed toxins leaving your body are actually rust from the electrodes. :/

Cherry: You did a great job cutting the head out, that would have taken me ages. Ah, I haven't used ImageReady in ages. I apologise for the random head movement, I tried to match it with the stormtrooper instead of it just being still but it looks weird. >.<

Ta-da!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-22-2009, 09:50 PM

ROFLOL.
I love you, Kat. xDD I wanted it to look a little bit unprofessional anyway. It's sillier that way. xDD

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 03-22-2009, 10:04 PM

@massage - you are doing a hell of a lot better than me. i've done two month's worth in about four months. D:

@kat - that does look a little wonky. if i had imageready, i would try it, buuutttt.

ps.
i went to b&n today~
and only got two books.
what the dickens and my booky wook. <333
what the dickens i am unsure about, because it's gregory maguire, but i'll read a couple chapters and see how it goes.
and well. my booky wook. russell brand. <33333

... those BASTARDS.
i checked my library for kim harrison books (since dani was reading them when she visited and it had faeries.)
and the first book has two entries, both of which are not my home library, but both of which are MARKED MISSING.
so i should have gotten it at b&n when i went earlier today. ;_;
damn book-kidnapping bastards.
and, of course, my password for my library account is not working, possibly because someone failed and couldn't read my handwriting. ::sniffle::

Massage
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-22-2009, 10:13 PM

It's just because of spring break tirethminet. That and not having much of a life. hehe.

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Dream_and_Die

Old 03-22-2009, 11:49 PM

@leenie: Pixies. Some mention to "Fairies". NOT Faeries they way you're thinking. Literally little demi-fey that drink nectar. Not even demi-fey really... but yeah the next four that I want to read from that series are missing as well. T_T

Iltu

Old 03-23-2009, 12:40 AM

Massage- Oh, I can't wait for spring break to get some reading done! Two more weeks until it's here... *whines* Except my mother said I can only bring four books on our vacation! D: I've chosen Sacred Games, which is 900 pages with a font size that's about one and a half, Inkspell, which is 635 pages, Inkdeath, and I'm not sure how long it is, but I imagine it's about the same as Inkspell, and the three-in-one volume of Lord of the Rings, which is 1,017 pages. XD So I guess somewhere around 3,100 pages.

My mom has called me a stinker and says I can't possibly manage that in a week. I say yes I can, and if I do, she's got to buy me enough books to keep me occupied the rest of the trip. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMagenta View Post
...I'm not sure if I'm supposed to like Edward more or less after seeing that. XD

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 12:53 AM

All my friends are currently watching the extra footage on the Twilight DVD, sucked into their Edward happy place. I've (wisely) chosen to stay up here and keep away.

So, I just finished reading Neuromancer. I have to say that I'm impressed! I can't believe that it took me this long to actually pick it up and read it.

Massage
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 AM

@Iltu: Haha. That's awesome. Good luck in finishing them. ^^

@Knerd: I don't think I'll ever watch that movie. Movies almost never do the books justice. -kindalikedthetwilightbooks-

So, it was good? hehe. I should write it down. I have a huge list of books to find and read already. I'll be an old woman by the time I finish them all. ^^;

Iltu

Old 03-23-2009, 12:58 AM

Knerd- Oh, lord. XD My little sister just got the Twilight DVD. "Will you watch it with me? Will you watch it with me?" Good greif!

That title sounds absolutely fascinating. What is it about? Because the neuro makes me think of neurology, and the mancer at the end there has got me thinking about necromancers. Which I think would be two really awesome things to combine in a book.

I doubt it's actually about that, but even so. XD

Massage- I'll be very happy if I can, free books are great motivation! :P

Massage
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2009, 01:02 AM

@Iltu: Haha, yea. ^^

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2009, 01:03 AM

Wikipedia will give you a better description than I ever could, but I'll try anyway. :XD

Our lovely main character, Case, is a washed up druggie when we first meet him. He used to be an awesome cyber-space cowboy, surfing the future's version of the Internet and using his abilities to steal lot of cash. It was a glamorous lifestyle until a client caught him pocketing dough and they messed up his nervous system, making it impossible for him to pug in anymore. Now he's resorting to odd jobs and drug trafficking. He meets up with a very cool street samurai girl who has been hired to capture him for a client. The two of them are hired by a guy named Armitage in order to help him pull off a big scheme. What does he want? It revolves around a very strong Artificial Intelligence. As the story goes on, maybe Armitage isn't as in control of the situation as you thought...

It's good. Complicated, and really good.