Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 09:06 AM

w e l c o m e t o t h e g a r d e n *

NO FLOWERS. WE GOT FRESH GREEN GRASS AND STONE[R]S. :D
Welcome to Flowerless, a hangout for marijuana smokers and those who are interested in learning more about the plant. All who respect Mary Jane are welcome; you do not have to be a smoker. Marijuana discussion and light debate are encouraged, but this is a hangout after all, so feel free to simply come in and chat with friends about your day. Grab a freshly baked cookie and chill. :)
Also join MrsGrape's new social group, the Cannabis Culture Club!

Disclaimer: By reading further into this thread and/or posting, you hereby agree that you do not find the contents of this thread offensive or objectionable. You agree that you are familiar with the laws in your area.

If you accept, carry on with your walk through the garden!
If you disagree, byez.

Last edited by Caroline; 05-25-2008 at 09:19 PM..

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 09:06 AM

r u l e s *

-- NO DISRESPECT. I will have zero tolerance for self-righteous, sheltered, pretentious bigots, so SHHH. :D

-- ToS.

-- BE LITERAT N RITE GUD. No srsly, do it.

-- Do not freebase cocaine.

-- These rules may be modified at any time without notification.

Last edited by Caroline; 04-30-2008 at 03:04 AM..

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 AM

g a r d e n t e a p a r t y *

YOU'RE INVITED.
(aka hangout regulars)

Caroline, obviously
Jali
Thoth Star
Ikonoklast
katla

XXXXXXXXserafim_azriel

XXXXXXXX`Kitami

XXXXXXXXxXRainbows

XXXXXXXXSizzla

XXXXXXXXPkero

XXXXXXXXMrsGrape

XXXXXXXXFox Paw

Weed heads made by Jali <3

Last edited by Caroline; 05-15-2008 at 07:41 AM..

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 AM

w h a t i t i s y o *

CANNABIS. GANJA. GRASS. MARIJUANA. MARY JANE. POT. REEFER. WEED.
Intoxicant; Stimulant; Psychedelic; Depressant

"Cannabis, a fast-growing bushy annual with dense sticky flowers, produces the psychoactive THC. It is the most widely used illegal psychoactive and has a long history of medicinal, recreational, and industrial use. The fibrous stalks of the plant are used to produce clothing and rope."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effects of Marijuana

Onset
When smoked, the effects of cannabis begin almost immediately. When eaten the effects can take 1 to 2 hours to manifest, based primarily on how much food is in the stomach.

Duration
The effects of smoked cannabis peak after about 20 minutes and last for 1-2 hours. When eaten, the effects will peak more slowly and primary effects may last for 3-4 hours.

The Experience
The primary effects sought by those using cannabis recreationally are euphoria, relaxation, and changes in perception. Effects vary depending on dosage, with effects at low doses including a sense of well-being, mild enhancement of senses (smell, taste, hearing), subtle changes in thought and expression, talkativeness, giggling, increased appreciation of music, increased appetite, and mild closed-eye visuals. At higher doses, visuals may become more prominent, sense of time is altered, attention span and memory are frequently affected, and thought processes and mental perception may be significantly altered.

Visuals
While most people do not experience a strong visual component to the cannabis experience, some do and some particular varieties of cannabis as well as higher doses are more likely to produce this effect.

Problems
Negative effects can include paranoia, dry mouth, respiratory problems and nervousness/racing heart. Other effects may be negative or inconvenient in certain settings or situations including reduced ability to concentrate, impaired memory, tiredness, and confusion. Side effects tend to increase with lifetime use: as users age, they often report the anxiety-producing and uncomfortable effects increase and the euphoria decreases.
-- ErowidXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principles of Responsible Cannabis Use

I. Adults Only
Cannabis consumption is for adults only. It is irresponsible to provide cannabis to children.

Many things and activities are suitable for young people, but others absolutely are not. Children do not drive cars, enter into contracts, or marry, and they must not use drugs. As it is unrealistic to demand lifetime abstinence from cars, contracts and marriage, however, it is unrealistic to expect lifetime abstinence from all intoxicants, including alcohol. Rather, our expectation and hope for young people is that they grow up to be responsible adults. Our obligation to them is to demonstrate what that means.

II. No Driving
The responsible cannabis consumer does not operate a motor vehicle or other dangerous machinery while impaired by cannabis, nor (like other responsible citizens) while impaired by any other substance or condition, including some medicines and fatigue.

Although cannabis is said by most experts to be safer than alcohol and many prescription drugs with motorists, responsible cannabis consumers never operate motor vehicles in an impaired condition. Public safety demands not only that impaired drivers be taken off the road, but that objective measures of impairment be developed and used, rather than chemical testing.

III. Set and Setting
The responsible cannabis user will carefully consider his/her set and setting, regulating use accordingly.

"Set" refers to the consumer's values, attitudes, experience and personality, and "setting" means the consumer's physical and social circumstances. The responsible cannabis consumer will be vigilant as to conditions -- time, place, mood, etc. -- and does not hesitate to say "no" when those conditions are not conducive to a safe, pleasant and/or productive experience.

IV. Resist Abuse
Use of cannabis, to the extent that it impairs health, personal development or achievement, is abuse, to be resisted by responsible cannabis users.

Abuse means harm. Some cannabis use is harmful; most is not. That which is harmful should be discouraged; that which is not need not be.

Wars have been waged in the name of eradicating "drug abuse", but instead of focusing on abuse, enforcement measures have been diluted by targeting all drug use, whether abusive or not. If cannabis abuse is to be targeted, it is essential that clear standards be developed to identify it.

V. Respect Rights of Others
The responsible cannabis user does not violate the rights of others, observes accepted standards of courtesy and public propriety, and respects the preferences of those who wish to avoid cannabis entirely.

No one may violate the rights of others, and no substance use excuses any such violation. Regardless of the legal status of cannabis, responsible users will adhere to emerging tobacco smoking protocols in public and private places.

THIS SECTION WILL CONTINUE TO BE UPDATED IN AN EFFORT TO EDUCATE PEOPLE ABOUT MARIJUANA. Feel free to request information and share links to relevant information.

Last edited by Caroline; 04-30-2008 at 03:20 AM..

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 AM

r e s e r v e d *

Last edited by Caroline; 04-30-2008 at 03:21 AM..

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 AM

* o p e n !

Last edited by Caroline; 04-30-2008 at 03:22 AM..

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 04-01-2008, 11:56 AM

Wow, Caroline. I didn't know you were a smoker. o_o

Oh, well. All in good company. :3

I haven't lit up in about three months, though.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 PM

Hey Pkero :D

Yurr. :>
I went to high school in a small town where nearly everyone smoked. It was near the beach and had a ton of foresty places, pretty ideal for smoking.

It's been nearly half a year since I last smoked though lolol. I've been whisked off to a foreign country overseas, but I'm returning to California in a few days. 8)

Clorissa
I'm a little teapot short and st...
Send a message via AIM to Clorissa Send a message via MSN to Clorissa

Old 04-01-2008, 12:11 PM

Oooh, Caroline. Will you be smoking when you go back? ;]

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 12:18 PM

Yess.
I want to try smoking out of fruits. o-o I've used an apple before. My friend has smoked out of a strawberry, though I don't know how that is even possible... it must have been a huge strawberry.

I like your avatar, Clorissa. It looks like a tree, haha. I'm glad we finally have horns. ;o

Clorissa

Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 PM

xD YES. I AM HORNEHHH~

*Does the bad-pun Horny dance*

Weewwt. I IS HORNAHTREEEH.

And yeah.. idon't know how they smoked from a strawberry either. I think you should try a mango, or a pineapple. Please try a pineapple.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 12:30 PM

lolll you can be an ent from Lord of the Rings. *nerd* :B

A mango might be too squishy, but a pineapple seems like it could work... imagine how awkward it would look though hahaha. I was thinking a peach or a pear!

Clorissa

Old 04-01-2008, 12:33 PM

DO A PINEAPPLE, DAMN IT.

"Excuse ,me but what the fuck are you doing?"

"Errm..Trying to take a hit off this pineapple. WANT SOME?!" *takes hit*

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 12:38 PM

YOU DO IT. XD
Start a trend!

Clorissa

Old 04-01-2008, 12:43 PM

This post went away 'cause it shouldnt exist anymore.

Last edited by Clorissa; 06-16-2009 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: No longer true, so it was changed.

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 04-01-2008, 12:53 PM

-tackles Clorissaaa-
But I'm not gonna.
Until the cats come home
:lol:

Last edited by Rainbows; 06-13-2012 at 10:27 PM..

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 PM

I'll probably smoke later today. The opportunity presented itself, and I got 0 hours of sleep. I slept till 4 yesterday, though.

So I'm going to go to CVS, get something loaded with caffeine, play Guitar Hero 3 at Best Buy, then wait for Justin to get out of school.

Edit: Dumb Best Buy doesn't open till 10. D<

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 PM

Clorissa ||
Oh my, that's awkward. o_o
I think if anyone is going to smoke, it should be an activity or hobby type of thing, nothing more. I'll be getting my GED and driving permit and applying to colleges when I get back. There needs to be a distinction between what you need to do in life and what you do for fun or whatever.

Pkero ||

Haha sounds good. 8D
What time is it now where you are?

Clorissa

Old 04-01-2008, 12:55 PM

More post that shouldn't exist haha.

Last edited by Clorissa; 06-16-2009 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Things change.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 PM

*CONVULSIONS OF LAUGHTER*

Clorissa.
Wow.
Um.

*Convulsions of laughter continue, oh noe ._.*

kl

Last edited by Rainbows; 06-13-2012 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: yguh

Clorissa

Old 04-01-2008, 12:58 PM

Another post that shouldnt exist.

Last edited by Clorissa; 06-16-2009 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Same as befoer.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 12:59 PM

Clorissa ||
x.o
Eek.
Maybe he just wants to let you know he'd be okay with it if you wanted to? I hope he isn't pressuring you to smoke.

XxRAiNBoWS ||
... wut?

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 04-01-2008, 01:00 PM

Whut whut? D:
-calls Clorissa and laughs-

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 04-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRAiNBoWS

Whut whut? D:
-calls Clorissa and laughs-
Who's Dante? xD

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-01-2008, 01:02 PM

OH I totally missed your previous post Rainbows, sorry!
I'm still confused about the convulsions of laughter though. XD
Who is Dante?