Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-16-2011, 04:41 AM

Step right in to the Aussie Watering Hole! Everyone is welcome! Come chat with us and make yourself known, we dont bite! Well, only playfully! If you want to RP in here in a casual way, thats fine, ill do up some stuff for that when i get a chance. Its just a bar next to a watering hole, nothing special yet.

:arrow:Rules:
:!: Assassin_666 is the OP, therefore, listen to his directives about behaviour in the thread and such.
:!: Anyone who mentions 'throwing a shrimp on a barbie' shall be severely beaten with a barbeque! ^_^
:!: Keep an open mind in here. If you cant keep a civil tongue in your head, ill have a Mod snatch it out, and ill ban you from returning.
:!: This is an Aussie themed hang out thread, though everyone is welcome!

:arrow:RP Info:
(Clicky!)
:arrow:Front:

:arrow:Inside:

:arrow:Billabong:

Last edited by Drop Bear; 03-02-2011 at 07:37 AM..

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-18-2011, 07:27 AM

*pokes thread*

aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 AM

Waaaait a sec, theres Aussies in here?

Whodathunkit?

Hows you LingLing?

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 PM

Hehe, I'm fine thanks....it's a shame no one else seems to be interested in this hangout thread.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 PM

Yeah well i havent advertised it at all lol, its just tucked away here nicely though, like a billabong should be!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-22-2011, 05:12 AM

How convenient or not.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-22-2011, 09:13 PM

I dont mind it like this to be honest. Things stay this way and its more intimate on the social level i feel.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-23-2011, 03:11 AM

I suppose there's that. But it would be nice if other Australians or even curious non-Australians would post.

:D

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-23-2011, 10:45 AM

This is true. I might put a link in my siggy maybe, that might help?

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:49 AM

Zea is an Aussie~ O 3O

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-23-2011, 10:56 AM

WHAT? No? Are you sure?

First, you gotta pass the 'Im an Aussie test' lol. Answer this question: "What does NOT go on a barbie, that is commonly believed australians put on them?"

If thats too hard, read the first post lol!

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 AM

It's true!
Uh, shrimp? xD I am an Aussie, but not a very Aussie Aussie. I dun got no barbie skeeeeeelz D:

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-23-2011, 10:59 AM

Lulz. Yeah, youre an aussie for sure!

How can you not be an aussie aussie? Youre a citizen that likes living here arent you? Id say that makes you as aussie as the next person?

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 AM

I am a citizen, don't get me wrong xD
I guess I'm just saying that I don't really act Australian xD I never get out the barbecue ( which is currently under layers of 10 years worth of grime D': ), I don't really eat Australian foods... I don't know xD

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Zis ees interestink!

Well, im certainly not going to hold that against you at all Zea! Everyone is different as far as im concerned, and australia is pretty diverse! I like it like that!

To be honest, i dont even OWN a barbeque... yet! Im seriously considering getting one soon though lol!

EDIT:
Maybe the fact that you HAVE a bbq means youre more aussie than me, if we're using that as a benchmark lol!

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:11 AM

Interestink, you say? I tink zat yer muzzer iz interestink! /BURN.

Yeah, Australia is like what would happen if you put the world in a blender... One of my friends even described it as 'The World's Rehab Center' xD

xD I win! But yeah, we may be starting it up again soon, our grandparents taught us how to use it.

I AM THE ULTIMATE AUSTRALIAN! PHEEEEER MEEEEEE~!

BRB, PJ time! :'D

----------

BLARG. Is time for Zeapies to be sleepies D:
Bye~!

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-23-2011, 11:21 AM

LMAO Blender of the World. I like that refrence, it amuses me greatly and certainly appeals to my messed up sense of humour!

And i too am headed to the great place of sleep. I worked 17hrs yesterday afternoon and last night combined, didnt finish until 7am this morning and so i need to sleep again if i can because im working tomorrow at 8am!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-24-2011, 05:07 AM

Yay, someone else (namely Zea) posted! I don't own a barbeque either.....and because I come from a Chinese background I mainly eat Asian style food at home, unless I make my meals myself (because I like to have variety) or I eat out. :D

By the way, apart from the whole barbeque thing, what else is considered Australian food anyway?! I really should know since I live here, but apparently not, even when I think about it.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-24-2011, 06:25 AM

Well, we've adopted the 'Meat Pie' as an aussie thing. Im fairly sure its actually an English originating food, could be wrong though? Im a whore for a good meat pie i gotta say! Every saturday night after work, im straight down to the bakery and have a pie on my way home!

I think a lot of it is 'red meat' type western food: steak, snags, etc etc. Though in Sydney, at least with the people i know, its a bit of a thing that on a night out drinking, you have a kebab on the way home. I love a good kebab. Theres a good one here where i live actually! Just across the road from my place!

To be honest though, if you want to get technical 'aussie food' it would be traditional aboriginal tucker i guess? Goanna, roo, emu, hrm... i wonder what wombat tastes like? :P

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 AM

NOOOO,don't eat wombat!!

Actually come to think of it I've tried Kangaroo meat before, sort of like beef, but for some reason I felt kinda guilty eating it, maybe because I like kangaroos when they're alive.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-24-2011, 06:52 AM

Went camping once and found a very recently dead kangaroo, so we chopped the tail off and tried to cook it up to see what it tasted like... cept apparently the tail is one of the worst bits to eat, and we were so drunk that we didnt come remotely close to cooking it properly at all lol! It tasted SO bad! Had i known what one of the good cuts were, i would have tried that instead, though i think our cooking efforts probably would have borked those as well lmao!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 AM

That's so gross....I mean don't butchers do things with meat to ensure they're free of bacteria and all that gross stuff that makes people sick...?

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-24-2011, 07:03 AM

Yeah. Like i said though, it was REALLY fresh. And we cooked the crap outta it too. It litterally sat on the fire for about 40mins i think. Plus, i have a cast iron stomach, takes a HELLUVA lot to make me sick from food!

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 01-24-2011, 07:05 AM

LOL....I see. :P Good thing you were only intoxicated because of the alcoholic beverages you must've consumed to get drunk.

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 AM

Australia Day is tomorrow! What is everyone planning on doing? Are you celebrating or not? Working maybe?
It looks like im going to be checking out a car tomorrow to potentially buy. Am quite excited since this new purchase will be my first decent car ive bought! Then after that, am heading into town to watch some bands and have a few drinks and catch up with mates.

@ LingLing: Yeah, a 500ml bottle of 50% stuff similar to jaegermeister knocks me down, but half a 700ml bottle of bundaberg rum at 37% makes me pretty happy. Go figure lol!

For anyone only familliar with the 'proof' measurment of alcohol content, its roughly 2:1=proof:% so 50%=100proof

I didnt actually consume the meat though, i spat it out it tasted that bad! :P My mate said his piece was pretty good though?