zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-19-2015, 03:10 PM

It's a library book so I don't want to just leave it around somewhere considering that I'll have to take it back soon. I think it really just has to do with my mood lately. I'm not sure I'm really in the mood for this book at the moment. I think I want something a bit more actiony...

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2015, 03:29 PM

So I stuck it out with that book I was reading and I'm about halfway through now. It's okay, just a lot of names and stuff to keep track of because it jumps between characters a lot.

Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 03-24-2015, 05:09 PM

need to get my book out and read >.>

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2015, 05:15 PM

Your avi has plenty of books! LOL!

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-24-2015, 05:47 PM

haha but she still seems to be missing an item but i cant think about what it is called.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2015, 05:53 PM

Hm, I dunno. Did you have something in mind?

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-24-2015, 06:35 PM

an item that looks like poisoness gases its green or so, but i cant remember what its from.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2015, 06:36 PM

Oh! That's from the Basement Dweller CI.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 03-24-2015, 06:44 PM

I've been watching so many kdramas lately, I've fallen way behind on my books. Once I finish my current show, I'm going to go back to reading for a while.

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-24-2015, 06:49 PM

thank you.

I think I'll leave her as is.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2015, 06:52 PM

@ Chex: LOL! I haven't really felt like reading much either recently...

@ Immy: LOL! It might have been too much green up top...

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-24-2015, 07:01 PM

It gets hidden behind the grey wall.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2015, 07:12 PM

Oooh, yeah, that would do it. >.<

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-28-2015, 11:54 AM

I'm slowly making my way through Cloud Atlas right now. It's wonderful! I just wish that I had more time to dedicate to reading. When I have to wait a few days between chapters, I feel like I'm missing out on some of the key connections and relationships between characters. I'll probably have to reread this one later on so that I can pick up all those tiny details.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-31-2015, 02:30 AM

Oh yes! I loved Cloud Atlas!

I finished the book I was reading and started another one. I'm not too sure about this one though, I'm not too crazy about it so far.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-07-2015, 07:33 PM

Did you ever see the film version of Cloud Atlas? I'm wondering if I should bother watching it. To some degree, I think that seeing everything condensed in a film would help me make some connections between the characters and the stories. But on the other hand, I'm not sure how much they might have changed, or if they would have adapted some of the deeper elements on the story in order to make it easier for an audience to watch. Know what I mean? Some of the themes aren't terribly cinematic, but it would be kind of nice if I was able to watch it all unfold on screen anyway.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-07-2015, 07:37 PM

I did watch the file and I would recommend seeing it. If nothing else, the magic of makeup is soo interesting to see. Because it's the same people playing different characters over and over. The makeup is sooo well don that you seriously can't tell who is who (or at least I couldn't). I found watching it as a movie helped pull everything together for me. Like it was a good addition to reading the book. A movie obviously can't go as deep as the book and it did lose some of it's meaning but it's still an entertaining watch.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-09-2015, 02:19 AM

I saw the film of Cloud Atlas but haven't read the book. I second what sig said about the make-up; the visuals of the movie were totally worth it on their own. I assume that they condensed and simplified a lot of the subtleties of the book, since that's just the nature of film adaptation. Also, I know that the book chapters (character sections) are arranged in a kind of palindrome way, which they did not mimic in the movie at all; the movie jumps between times in a more typical cinematic way.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-09-2015, 03:57 PM

Awesome, thanks you two! Maybe I'll watch it this weekend then.

I just finished reading The Night Circus this week, and I wasn't terribly impressed. I didn't realize that it was a YA romance! It really wasn't as well-developed as I expected. The characters fell flat for me, the plot's "duel" didn't involve any actual competition or danger, and the plot seemed a bit forced. This is an author that needs a solid lesson in "Show, Don't Tell."

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-10-2015, 01:36 AM

I went back to reading classic fantasy books. Oh how I've missed the adventure and lack of constant life drama. I like both genres but I think I've been reading too much drama lately so the fantasy feels quite refreshing.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-15-2015, 02:06 PM

I finished reading "I Am Legend". It was suuuper different from the movie but not really in a bad way I guess? I was very disappointed though that only half of the book was actually for that story. The rest of the pages are filled with crappy short stories. V_V

Yesterday I started "Not A Drop to Drink" which is interesting. I guess it's a dystopian book about living in the desert and trying to live on the prairie with the water drying up. It's been pretty interesting so far. I'm about halfway done at the moment.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-21-2015, 05:07 PM

I finished "Not a Drop to Drink" and read the sequel which was pretty good. I almost wish they were a trilogy but I don't think it is. I have another book to read "Pointe" but I think I'm going to finish Otomen (a manga series) first.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-01-2015, 07:16 PM

I just finished a book called "Pointe". I wasn't really a fan of it to be honest. I've been pretty stressed out recently and didn't need to read a stressful book about a high school student who was raped at the age of thirteen and was anorexic since then. After that her best friend got kidnapped and didn't come back until four years later and even then he wouldn't talk. WTH? The cover summary definitely didn't let me know what I was getting into. It painted quite a different picture. It wasn't a terrible book in the end but just like whoa... Shouldn't there be like a disclaimer or something?

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 05-02-2015, 02:22 AM

I'm currently trying to read Paper Towns by John Green before the movie comes out. I've read all his other novels but PT's is giving me such a hard time for some reason.

I haven't been here in FOREVER. I've read 22 books this year since jan 1st. Nothing has really stood out as amazing. Although I don't know if anyone has read this but - BloodAngel by Justine Musk. It was sci-fi/horror and totally not what I was expecting. It's been on my book shelf for years and I finally picked it up and thought it was another trashy vampire book but it wasn't...not at all. hahah I was pleasantly surprised by the plot.

also
@chexala what drama? I'm a kdrama addict.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-02-2015, 02:29 AM

I've been told I should read Paper Towns but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Are you liking it so far?