View Single Post
Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-18-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
Hopefully the text wont be too small! I think it's fairly standard sized, definitely not the smallest I've seen.

I've read my share of long Harry Potter books in one sitting too. I miss the excitement of release parties and staying up all night to read the next installment.
If it is at least I'll have a back-up! Hopefully I won't need it though :3 I've mainly used it for textbooks that are wayyy outdated and tiny lol!

Me too! I never made it to a release party because there weren't any near our area, but I always got it day of release - or sometimes Walmart or Price Chopper would have a special midnight release selling - not really a party, but you could go pick up the book - did that a few times! It's so exciting when a new book is released!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
I've never been to a Harry Potter release party, which is surprising considering how I'm a Harry Potter nut. But, there's a couple of reasons:
The major one--the closest one was at least three hours away, and gas is way too expensive for that trip.
The probably minor one--wouldn't have been able to get the book a the party anyway XD

But I still got the books the day they came out anyway; my godparents are geeks like me and my parents (probably why they're friends with my parents ) and their son is a Harry Potter nut as well. So, each time a new book came out, a copy would be delivered on our doorstep the ay it came out....and I'd be several chapters into it by the time I went to bed!
I know how you feel - I feel like I missed out because I heard you could dress in costume, there was trivia and other games, etc.! It would have been so amazing!! Kind of like a convention but just for Harry Potter!! I've never been to a convention either xD;

Haha! Most of my cousins were into the books as well! I once had 2 of my Aunts/Uncles give me the 4th HP book as a gift - it was funny xD; Luckily they both weren't written in so I could return one of them and get a different book!

I started reading it immediately too - it's too hard not to! It was always so horrible waiting for the next one to see what happened, so when it finally came it's like "GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!"