spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 AM

Yeah, i dare to take the challenge! I love reading, it was a great pastime when i was younger and when i got my computer I really got into reading and writing fan fictions.

Now i find that reading ordinary books is a great way to get me off the computer. lol

hmm.. looks like i'n gonna have to think up a good list for this challenge.

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 07-31-2008, 04:50 AM

Lura:: Well, yes. Imagining him in my mind. :lol: It isn't like he's sitting here with me. >w>;

I knew I was wording something oddly in that last post. xD

roses:: I read books while I'm on the computer. :rofl: Twilight is sitting next to me right now.
Maybe I multi-task too much? o.o;

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-31-2008, 05:50 AM

Kitami - Have you seen the actor they have set to play Edward yet?

I've found that it's easier to read the series with that actor as Edward in your mind. Then you don't get the "THAT'S NOT EDWARD!!!" thing when you see the movie. XD

`Kitami

Old 07-31-2008, 05:43 PM

No, I haven't.

Wait, is there a shocking difference between the actor and the book character? D:
Because I hate when movie people do that. >.<

kitkat
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 07-31-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
What is the series about?
Vampires! XD But its actually spelled vampyres in the books, and the books are very original o:!

the authors sure are fast too, they started near the beginning of 08 and they are now working on their fourth book! (the books are a decent length too)

`Kitami

Old 07-31-2008, 09:31 PM

Well 'vampyre' is the original spelling of the word 'vampire'.
:ninja:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-31-2008, 10:31 PM

Kitami - Well, it depends. I think he fits, but I read the entire books knowing what he looked like.
Here's the actor, Robert Pattinson.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2...e1977f6cj3.jpg
Teh sexy. :drool:

Let's see.... Here's Bella.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1173995493.jpg
And I don't know how many of them you've been introduced to in the book yet, but here's the Cullens.
http://thelitconnection.files.wordpr...e_cullens1.jpg
From left to right:
Emmett, Rosalie, Esme, Edward, Carlisle, Alice, and Jasper.

Kitkat - Wow, that IS fast. o_o

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 07-31-2008 at 10:33 PM..

kitkat
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 07-31-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami View Post
Well 'vampyre' is the original spelling of the word 'vampire'.
:ninja:
it is o_O?

well i learned something today XD

`Kitami

Old 07-31-2008, 11:45 PM

Oh good.
That's pretty much how I pictured him, except a bit paler and with a tad bit brighter hair.
But he's still lovely. :drool:

Thanks for the pics.
I'm on page 174 now, so the only one I haven't been introduced to is Esme.

kitkat:: Haha, yeah. ^^
I'm a bit of a vampire fanatic, so I know odd things like that. :lol:
I believe its the old English spelling of the word...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-31-2008, 11:56 PM

*checks where you are* Ah, yeah, you haven't met Esme yet. Fairly soon, though. She's Edward's mommy.

And yeah, he is paler when he's in costume. His hair might even be brighter, too. And of course, he's wearing colored contacts then. That picture's just of Robert, not Robert as Edward.
There's a clip on the web from the filming, and it's from a part that you've already passed.
It's not a scene that's in the book, but it is from earlier on in the story. It's from back when Bella's like "WTF IS WITCHU, BOY?" and Edward's all like "*mysterious*"
Don't try to look up scenes for yourself yet, though. There's another, more finished, scene floating around, and that's from near the end, so it might spoil it a bit for you. Once you finish the first book, though, it's all good. The movie just covers the first book.
Until then, I'd be happy to help you find anything.

`Kitami

Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 AM

Oh yay, so he's pretty much how I pictured him. ^^

Yeah. I was tempted to go digging around the web for stuff last night, and I was only on page 60 or something then.

But then I remembered a situation I got myself into last year when I wanted to see a video game character that I wouldn't meet until later in the game and I wound up spoiling the entire plot of the game and finding out how it ended. DD:

Really sucked. >.<

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 AM

Aww. D:

But yeah, here's a clip from Twilight that WON'T spoil anything for you.
The quality is shit because it hasn't been edited and all that. So it's a little hard to hear. But it's cool to see.
I've got noooo idea where they are, either. XD There are no greenhouses in the book... XD
Oh, yay, the one I found has subtitles so you can understand them better. :D
Here you go.

Stormy1
Not as on as much but still arou...
Send a message via AIM to Stormy1 Send a message via MSN to Stormy1 Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy1

Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 AM

Just to let you know Cherry, the greenhouse scene they add in to sum up what happens over a few pages (or something like that, they explained it on MTV's site). So yeah, the actual greenhouse part isn't in the book.

And I've just come to the conclusion that I wont be home for when Breaking Dawn arrives at my house, dang softball T_T. (unless they ship it at 12:01 am and it gets to my house really really really early in the morning XD but that's not going to happen.)

Looks like I have to find another book to read this weekend.

`Kitami

Old 08-01-2008, 04:04 AM

Haha, cherry, that was funny. XD
"Its called an adrenaline rush. You can Google it." :lol:

But I don't understand why they were talking about Jacksonville? :S

kitkat
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 08-01-2008, 04:26 AM

everything i read stephenie meyers books it makes me sigh girlishly at the sweet awesome moments XD

`Kitami

Old 08-01-2008, 04:54 AM

I tend to giggle... >w<

It gets me weird looks from my dad... O.o

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-01-2008, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy1 View Post
Just to let you know Cherry, the greenhouse scene they add in to sum up what happens over a few pages (or something like that, they explained it on MTV's site). So yeah, the actual greenhouse part isn't in the book.

And I've just come to the conclusion that I wont be home for when Breaking Dawn arrives at my house, dang softball T_T. (unless they ship it at 12:01 am and it gets to my house really really really early in the morning XD but that's not going to happen.)

Looks like I have to find another book to read this weekend.
Oh, yeah, I know it's to sum it up. I said that a few posts ago, I think. ^^

And aww. D: Beware the internet in the time between when Breaking Dawn comes out and when you finish it - you don't want to see spoi- SNAPE KILLS BELLA.

*ahem*
That was completely ridiculous.

Quote:
Haha, cherry, that was funny. XD
"Its called an adrenaline rush. You can Google it." :lol:

But I don't understand why they were talking about Jacksonville? :S
Yeah, me either. o_o I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the context of that one is. *rolls around anxiously until December*

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Lura:: Well, yes. Imagining him in my mind. :lol: It isn't like he's sitting here with me. >w>;

I knew I was wording something oddly in that last post. xD
I was just joking, hehe~ X'3
Though sometimes one could wish imagination was not needed to look at him. >w>

I don't think I can multitask with reading, unless it's something effortless like listening to music. XD; If I start doing something else without a proper place to stop, I lose focus entirely and have to re-read some 3 pages or so back. 8D;

Edit - Oh, and after skimming the wiki article on House of Night, I think I actually have heard of it before (or something somewhat similar?), but didn't know or remember it as a trilogy. But well, now I know. XD

Last edited by Lura Crane; 08-01-2008 at 09:11 AM..

kitkat
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 08-01-2008, 06:44 PM

@lura: well I hope you read it, its really good x3

`Kitami

Old 08-01-2008, 08:13 PM

cherry:: -rolls around with you D:-
I swore when I bought the book, that I would NOT get addicted to it.
But I failed. Miserably.
As of now, I am completely and hopelessly addicted to Twilight. xD

Lura:: Yes... >w>
Well, if all the Edward fangirls teamed up, we could kidnap the actor who plays him, which I suppose would be the next best thing? :rofl:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-01-2008, 08:33 PM

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. XD
My boyfriend was prodding me for like, SIX MONTHS to read it. And I was like "nuu, it looks stupid. No. No. NOOOO~" and then I finally broke down and was like "Okay, okay, I'll read it eventually." He kept prodding, so I was like "OKAY, I'LL READ IT SOON." and he kept prodding and I was like "FINE I'LL ORDER IT RIGHT NOW OKAY?" And then I got it, and he kept prodding me to read it, and I'm like "stfu I'm already reading something."
Then when I finally started reading it I was like "I'm going to make fun of this the whole way through..... Oh, that was lame..... That was cliche.... That was----*dazzled*"

`Kitami

Old 08-01-2008, 09:46 PM

Hahaha! EXACTLY! Dx
All my friends were like :poke: Twilight :poke:
And I was like NO. Dun wanna read it! D<
Because...there seemed to be so much vampire stuff getting put out at the time that it actually came out and I thought it'd just be like...another face in the crowd? >.>

But I've honestly been getting more curious about it and then last Tuesday, the receptionist at my doctor's office told me about it and recommended it and I was just like ....-twitch- THAT'S IT! I'M BUYING THE DAMNED THING!

But I thought there was no way it could be as good as everybody's been making it sound, but it IS! D:
Now my daddy's getting me New Moon tonight, so I am going to be content for a week or so. :boogie:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 PM

Ha, awesome!
And by the time you're ready for Breaking Dawn, it should be easier to find, too. ^^

kitkat
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 PM

BREAKING DAWN.. TOMORROW O: HISTORIC. MOMENT. xD

`Kitami

Old 08-01-2008, 10:37 PM

When I bought Twilight on Tuesday, the clerk handed me a flier for the release party for Breaking Dawn which is happening tonight at midnight, like I was going to be able to read through Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, AND THEN pre-order Breaking Dawn before today.
And I just gave him a look like "HOW FAST DO YOU EXPECT ME TO READ, MAN?? :cry:"