Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:26 AM

ok got it
yes i did... i just opened my shop too hehehe
that was one of the reasons i wasn't around for the past week or two but now all is fine.
how have you been?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-16-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maha-Aamir View Post
ok got it
yes i did... i just opened my shop too hehehe
that was one of the reasons i wasn't around for the past week or two but now all is fine.
how have you been?
Maha-Aamir:
OMG your siggy shop looks great! I am alright. I passed my driver's test yesterday. (The driving part XD) I just realized that somebody won the avatar contest. 0_0 I have to decide what link to take out of my sig. XD I have no more BBCode allowed.

SuperZombiePotatoe: Congratulations! You won the winter lounge contest. You have won a (Cozy Cabin)!
Enjoy your winnings! [Check your trades]

I literally start another semester tomorrow morning, so I will try to be on, but if I am doing a lot of homework I may take a hiatus. Accelerated courses are not hard, but they go by fast and you cannot miss anything. I never took any accelerated courses in high school. Are you left-handed, right-handed, or ambidextrous?

Last edited by 2600; 12-16-2014 at 03:11 PM..

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:34 PM

Thank you 2600... I am glad you like it...
yes it seems unfair to have only 4 lines for the siggy section and so much that we wanna put in those four...
Congrats for the driving test, i am too scared to ever try it though hehehe...
i did learn it when i turned 18 but never bought a car and never gave the test...
I trust bicycles

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-16-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Thank you 2600... I am glad you like it...
yes it seems unfair to have only 4 lines for the siggy section and so much that we wanna put in those four...
Congrats for the driving test, i am too scared to ever try it though hehehe...
i did learn it when i turned 18 but never bought a car and never gave the test...
I trust bicycles
Maha-Aamir: If you mind the pinging just notify me. It is not required, I just do it a lot to get people's attention here. :P

Haha nice. I actually rode my bike to school up until now. It has had flat tires more than ever between the summer and the fall. Are you a good bike mechanic? XD

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 12-17-2014, 02:37 AM

2600 I don't mind the pings in fact i think of them as a blessing hehehe
that is nice to ride a bike to school, haven't done that in ages... or like in eons actually hehehe
I don't thing i am, though i can take care of the chain and gears and i regularly oiled it but still i wouldn't call myself a mechanic
how about you? ever had to fix it yourself?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-17-2014, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2600 View Post
Maha-Aamir:
OMG your siggy shop looks great! I am alright. I passed my driver's test yesterday. (The driving part XD) I just realized that somebody won the avatar contest. 0_0 I have to decide what link to take out of my sig. XD I have no more BBCode allowed.

SuperZombiePotatoe: Congratulations! You won the winter lounge contest. You have won a (Cozy Cabin)!
Enjoy your winnings! [Check your trades]

I literally start another semester tomorrow morning, so I will try to be on, but if I am doing a lot of homework I may take a hiatus. Accelerated courses are not hard, but they go by fast and you cannot miss anything. I never took any accelerated courses in high school. Are you left-handed, right-handed, or ambidextrous?
Congrats to SuperZombiePotatoe! ^_^ To answer this question (because I do not intend to interrupt your conversation about bicycle mechanics), I write and use scissors with my right hand. However, I apparently usually do other things in a "left-handed" manner. For example, the way I put on pants, push a bicycle, et cetera.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to include a question.

What is your favorite fruit?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-17-2014, 03:25 AM

Quote:
2600 I don't mind the pings in fact i think of them as a blessing hehehe
that is nice to ride a bike to school, haven't done that in ages... or like in eons actually hehehe
I don't thing i am, though i can take care of the chain and gears and i regularly oiled it but still i wouldn't call myself a mechanic
how about you? ever had to fix it yourself?
Maha-Aamir:
YAY pings! I love getting pinged. Especially if it is a thread that is not mine. I just cannot always keep track of the threads. RAK <-< is fun, but the conversations I have there sometimes feel like they are going pretty fast.

I do not know if I would call myself a mechanic, but I have had to fix my bike many a time. I have had to learn more about bikes than I ever thought I would know, because everything that could go wrong went wrong when a new day came to be. I learned how to take the inner tube out and patch holes in it. I also learned how to switch tubes. I should invest in some oil to lubricate the chain. I learned how to tighten the chain as well. Adjusting the seat required a sort of screwdriver thing. I also learned how to disable the breaks. Tire pressure was taught to me at the bike shop when I went in to replace my THIRD flat tire of the summer. I was then told that I had the wrong portable pump. The one I had was only for air resistant shocks. My bike does not have any shocks. Every time I biked to school I would have to bring an extra tube, a patch kit, a screwdriver, and a pump. I would just pray that I would not have to use any of them. One time the nozzle broke off of the tube and I had to get driven home. Now I have my license and do not need to rely on my bike as my only means of transportation.

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 12-17-2014, 03:59 AM

Wow! I see you haven't had a smooth relationship with bikes hehehe... how wonderful it had been if we could have all invented our own unique means of transportation...
I would have made myself a hover machine, like in that back to the future movie
What would you have created?

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 12-18-2014, 12:37 AM

2600: I'm sorry if you get trouble for my question, but I feel like I need to clear the air, and talk with people who won't dog-pile, and can actually hold a sophisticated conversation on this subject.

Does anyone find any/all religion....repulsive, or pointless?

I am an Atheist, I won't lie, but that stems from a personal belief that, if any sentient being created us, long has since abandoned us. There's something beyond death, and when we dream we're close to it, but I won't say it's a place of punishment, or paradise. Now don't get me wrong, there are good and bad in all religions, I've met great people from many different religions, but when I look at the history, and stories, and down to the principle of many of them? I find them absolutely ridiculous, and unrealistic.

If I understand half of what I've read, I won't claim I see the full picture of all, every religion seems to just pit humanity against itself, and slowly tear us apart over Ideological differences. The Templars, Klu Klux Klan, and Al Qaeda are/were all religious zealots, and look what sort of things they did? and they believe they're in the right, due too religious reasons.

I really just wish we could just drop it, and figure out, despite what we believe, we are all human, and we are all on the same side. Why does the past matter, when it's the now and future we need to worry about? at this rate, we will kill ourselves off, if we don't stop fighting eachother.

Last edited by Andraus; 12-18-2014 at 12:40 AM..

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-18-2014, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Wow! I see you haven't had a smooth relationship with bikes hehehe... how wonderful it had been if we could have all invented our own unique means of transportation...
I would have made myself a hover machine, like in that back to the future movie
What would you have created?
Maha-Aamir:
Riding my bike to school was fun, until it started to get colder. The summer and fall semester definitely helped me learn how to keep and maintain a bike. If I had to make a new means of transportation, I would love to invent teleportation. We already can disassemble entities into billions of pieces, the trick to teleportation is how to reassemble those pieces in another place. I feel like it would drastically improve my time-management skills. Also it would make it much easier to travel throughout the world. I would thoroughly enjoy driving in a hovercraft. What would you have the hovercraft run on? (Like gas, water, or uranium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andraus View Post
2600: I'm sorry if you get trouble for my question, but I feel like I need to clear the air, and talk with people who won't dog-pile, and can actually hold a sophisticated conversation on this subject.

Does anyone find any/all religion....repulsive, or pointless?

I am an Atheist, I won't lie, but that stems from a personal belief that, if any sentient being created us, long has since abandoned us. There's something beyond death, and when we dream we're close to it, but I won't say it's a place of punishment, or paradise. Now don't get me wrong, there are good and bad in all religions, I've met great people from many different religions, but when I look at the history, and stories, and down to the principle of many of them? I find them absolutely ridiculous, and unrealistic.

If I understand half of what I've read, I won't claim I see the full picture of all, every religion seems to just pit humanity against itself, and slowly tear us apart over Ideological differences. The Templars, Klu Klux Klan, and Al Qaeda are/were all religious zealots, and look what sort of things they did? and they believe they're in the right, due too religious reasons.

I really just wish we could just drop it, and figure out, despite what we believe, we are all human, and we are all on the same side. Why does the past matter, when it's the now and future we need to worry about? at this rate, we will kill ourselves off, if we don't stop fighting eachother.
Andraus:
There is no need to apologize for a well worded question. It does not go against any rules.
To answer your question "Does anyone find any/all religion....repulsive, or pointless?"
I do not find any/all religion repulsive or pointless. Although I do not follow a specific religion I do partake in spiritual traditions that encourage peace. I do agree however that many take it to far and this simultaneously scares me and amazes me. I cannot believe how anyone would think that it is 'holy' to kill of entire populations because of unchangeable things. I find it amazing because the people that follow religion very closely have a ton of knowledge about this one lifestyle. It is fascinating, but it can hinder the progress of society when the religions are trying to enforce beliefs that can be too difficult to apply today. It also does not help when the scriptures of religions have contradictions within the same text. <-<

If we talk about the texts. Do we know who wrote the original scriptures? If yes, then how many times have those texts been revised over time? I had a conversation with a monk, a studying reverend, and a congregation member once at my church. They all claimed to believe in the core messages of the bible, but not everything that happened within the pages. They also made a point to note that god may be powerful, but it is humans that wrote the bible and all the other religious documents. If we looked at the psychology of the original writers of the bible, their knowledge was limited to the time they were writing it.

I personally believe that life is there to do what you will with. You can decide whether you want to be good, bad, neutral or decide to live without value measures. I think it is good to have a personal belief system or set of values, but that does not mean you have to be a part of some organized religion or even of some identity. I was an atheist throughout high school. Although there are many times when I still do not believe in a god, I do find myself just trying to be nice to others.
Does that make sense?

Last edited by 2600; 12-18-2014 at 05:25 AM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 PM

To answer your question, 2600, that does make sense.

I will not answer Andraus's question, although I agree that it was well-worded. It's a great question! I just don't have an answer for that.

What is the most difficult question you can ask someone? And what is the most difficult question to answer?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-19-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
To answer your question, 2600, that does make sense.

I will not answer Andraus's question, although I agree that it was well-worded. It's a great question! I just don't have an answer for that.

What is the most difficult question you can ask someone? And what is the most difficult question to answer?
salvete:
Honestly, I think one of the most difficult questions to answer is: What are you doing right now that will help you in the near or distant future with your dream in life? or Do you have a sense of purpose in this life and how do you feel that purpose? They are difficult questions to answer because of many reasons. They are broad and open ended which leaves room for extremely short answers like I have no purpose or lengthy descriptions of what someone feels that their purpose in life is. I find it hard to explain sometimes about how I am taking steps towards my ultimate life dreams/goals because they are not always clear to me, but I do believe that doing well in school and staying active are good things in my personal life.

Andraus: however did come up with an amazing question. It was difficult in a way that it opposed popular thought in the way of religion. Using any questions whether they are political or theoretical that go against popular thought are bound to have very difficult answers. (sorry for pinging you, just re-stating that your question was well pur and difficult to answer)

Alright now let us see how difficult the question is to answer: Do you believe you have a purpose in life or a goal to achieve? if so, What steps are you taking to work towards that goal?

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 12-19-2014, 11:44 PM

2600: I was put on this earth, solely because I was lucky. I don't think anything gave me a purpose, but I made my own: I vowed to myself to make the land of my birth great again, to make sure my children don't have to go through the hell I went through. I oppose tyranny in anyway, and I oppose violence and war. I don't like the thought of anyone telling me how to rule my own life. I also don't like the fact that we are killing people, over something I don't think we will ever understand. It's time to stop looking at the past, and look towards the future.

I will speak through words alone for now, because I have neither the capabilities, resources, nor the allies to fight physically for such a thing, but I hope to reach of the ear of those that can fight, and show them that there are people out there that will support such a thing, and that it 'is' worth fighting for.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-21-2014, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2600 View Post
Alright now let us see how difficult the question is to answer: Do you believe you have a purpose in life or a goal to achieve? if so, What steps are you taking to work towards that goal?
My purpose in life is to live happily and make others happy. I love learning about things and doing stuff that I am interested in. I also try to help others whenever possible.

How do you want to spend your life?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-22-2014, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andraus View Post
2600: I was put on this earth, solely because I was lucky. I don't think anything gave me a purpose, but I made my own: I vowed to myself to make the land of my birth great again, to make sure my children don't have to go through the hell I went through. I oppose tyranny in anyway, and I oppose violence and war. I don't like the thought of anyone telling me how to rule my own life. I also don't like the fact that we are killing people, over something I don't think we will ever understand. It's time to stop looking at the past, and look towards the future.

I will speak through words alone for now, because I have neither the capabilities, resources, nor the allies to fight physically for such a thing, but I hope to reach of the ear of those that can fight, and show them that there are people out there that will support such a thing, and that it 'is' worth fighting for.
Andraus:
That is very noble of you. I can understand the opposition off violence and war and the opposition against anything tyrannical. I do however believe that it is necessary for people to disagree on issues, because disagreement can bring progress. That does not mean that I believe the disagreeing sides should go to war because one of them 'might' be right or wrong. I do want to help out in some way with the world, but I do not yet know exactly what I want to do. I fear that there is not much to do if we do not start working together as we used to do. Especially in america where the concept of community and even family is disintegrating each day. Do you know what I mean?

Quote:
My purpose in life is to live happily and make others happy. I love learning about things and doing stuff that I am interested in. I also try to help others whenever possible.

How do you want to spend your life?
Now THAT is a difficult question although I think I have a pretty decent answer. Not exactly a perfect plan, but I have dreams. ;)
I think I would love to spend at least a portion of my life traveling all over the world. I would love to see all of the landmarks you only hear about in media or read about in books. Seeing the seven wonders of the ancient world and the 'new' seven wonders of the world. Going to the first base camp on Everest, seeing the catacombs under France and Rome. Going to the Colosseum in Rome. Stonehenge and Easter island. A trip to the famous Galapagos Islands where Darwin landed on his voyage. I am getting excited while I type all of this! ^_^ I would also love to do human rights type things and help out with various communities and families all over the world. It may prove to be dangerous, but my heart says it would be worth it and would also give personal self enhancing benefits. I would also love to do sky-diving, bunjee jumping (again), and take a ride in a hot air balloon.

What would you be doing right now if you knew that today was your last day of life?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-22-2014, 01:24 AM

If I knew that today was the last day of my life, I would tell all of the people I love that I love them. This includes people who may not necessarily know how much I love them.

What was the most recent movie you watched? In what context did you watch this movie and with whom?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-22-2014, 02:08 AM

Quote:
If I knew that today was the last day of my life, I would tell all of the people I love that I love them. This includes people who may not necessarily know how much I love them.

What was the most recent movie you watched? In what context did you watch this movie and with whom?
salvete:
The most recent movie I saw was the last hobbit movie. The Battle of the Five Armies. I saw it with my best friend in the movie theater. I drove and that was the first time I drove at night. It was an awesome night and after the movie we went into another town for dinner. I have been finding many excuses to drive since I got my license.

Question for all: What is your favorite midnight snack?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-22-2014, 02:13 AM

I try to avoid eating things at midnight. That being said, I sometimes find myself up at midnight trying to finish some assignment. In that case, I love to heat up a chocolate chip cookie and eat it with a cup of milk.

What languages do you know?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-22-2014, 02:57 AM

Quote:
I try to avoid eating things at midnight. That being said, I sometimes find myself up at midnight trying to finish some assignment. In that case, I love to heat up a chocolate chip cookie and eat it with a cup of milk.

What languages do you know?
salvete:
English is my first language. I have taken Spanish in school since second grade. I did not do well in it originally or too well later in life. It was not until I actually traveled to a Spanish speaking country that I did better with Spanish. Now I love the language and can speak it pretty well. I am still not perfect with the grammar and do not know millions of advanced words like I do in English, but when I speak it is passable.

A question for the masses: Do you like watching any specific shows or movies on VHS as opposed to DVDs?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-22-2014, 02:59 AM

To answer your question -- no. There are no specific shows or movies that I prefer to watch in VHS as opposed to DVD. In fact, I have not watched anything on VHS in a long time. It seems that there is not really any need for it. All of the movies I had on VHS -- I usually keep an eye out for them on DVD or Blu-Ray so I can buy the new format.

What about you, 2600?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-22-2014, 03:18 AM

Quote:
To answer your question -- no. There are no specific shows or movies that I prefer to watch in VHS as opposed to DVD. In fact, I have not watched anything on VHS in a long time. It seems that there is not really any need for it. All of the movies I had on VHS -- I usually keep an eye out for them on DVD or Blu-Ray so I can buy the new format.

What about you, 2600?
salvete:
When I was younger I would watch the nightmare before Christmas and star wars on VHS. I think I enjoy VHS for the nostalgia factor. The quality is much better these days and I do have other means of watching these movies. :) I also used to watch top cat on VHS.
Hmmm... gotta come up with another question.
came up with this:

What is your favorite thing to do to pass time?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-22-2014, 03:21 AM

My favorite thing to do to pass time is spend that time with loved ones -- family members or friends. It doesn't really matter how we pass the time as long as we are together.

What are your plans for this holiday?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-22-2014, 03:32 AM

Quote:
My favorite thing to do to pass time is spend that time with loved ones -- family members or friends. It doesn't really matter how we pass the time as long as we are together.

What are your plans for this holiday?
salvete:
I will be spending Christmas with my family and New Years with my significant other. Once Christmas is over, I will drive north and will spend new years with another couple that we know. I do have school on new years eve though. :\

While we are on this topic will ask a school/holiday related question:
What national holidays do you think schools should acknowledge? Are there any that should be represented and aren't or are there ones that should not be represented at all?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-22-2014, 03:38 AM

Well, I kind of forget where in the world you are. But here in the United States, schools acknowledge holidays such as President's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Columbus Day, Christmas, New Year's Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Memorial Day...and also maybe Veteran's Day and Jewish holidays.

Holidays celebrated by other cultures and nationalities are not recognized. Notable women's birthdays are not recognized.

What is your opinion on this matter?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-22-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Well, I kind of forget where in the world you are. But here in the United States, schools acknowledge holidays such as President's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Columbus Day, Christmas, New Year's Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Memorial Day...and also maybe Veteran's Day and Jewish holidays.

Holidays celebrated by other cultures and nationalities are not recognized. Notable women's birthdays are not recognized.

What is your opinion on this matter?
salvete:
I personally believe that the major holidays of each religion could be recognized. Originally summer was meant for children to work in the fields to provide for their family. After child labor laws passed, children were no longer needed in the fields, but summer has stayed within the school system and is now expected. If year round schooling would happen in america like it has in Europe, they could recognize more holidays and kids would not get bored like they do when they are on summer break.
How does that sound?