SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 11-30-2014, 05:25 PM

Yup, yup! South African with lot's of different lineages. I don't think I told you before, so that's okay.

Oh, that's a cool genre! I like a lot of those as well
Like Black Swan and Hannibal and whatnot.

I have travelled out of my home and country. I've been to Mecca and Medina when I was 4 yrs old. That was for a pilgrimage and we had to go through Egypt. I had my 4th birthday in Cairo!
Earlier this year I went to Dubai to visit some family. It was a week long visit, but pretty fun. We went to the Burj Khalifa and lots of the other tourist places. The flight was a bit uncomfortable, though, and it was so dry
I travel to a city an hour a way from mine occasionally. Stuff happens there. My town is Sleepy Hollow. In January I'm moving 18 hours away to go to university. I'll miss home, but at least I'll stay with my mum and brother and I'm excited for the studying

Really? Where did you go? In S.A, I mean

AliciaNwonderland
Halloweiner

Old 11-30-2014, 05:27 PM

you are from south Africa superzombiep?? one of my most favorite people lives there, in Durban. he sends me pics all the time and tells me stuff about your country! it sounds beautiful

thank you 2600! yalls questions are so great! I already love this thread! it makes me think about my answers

my favorite genre of books is horror or fantasy, I love to be creeped out!

omg I loved wristcutters!!! I adore movies that are different like that and unique and strange... Japanese horror is awesome for that as well.

my ideal vacation would be just relaxing on the beach, its my favorite place and the pull of the waves is so calming and hypnotic to me. it always makes me think of how small and insignificant I am to stand in the tide.

who are your favorite actors/actresses?

The Queer Engineer

Old 11-30-2014, 05:31 PM

I have always wanted to go to Egypt. It is not exactly sound there currently though. I feel like a nomad traveling through menewhsha nation.
Quote:
Really? Where did you go? In S.A, I mean
Yes I really did. I volunteered in Cape Town for two months. During that time I taught at an elementary school and in youth detention facilities. It was quite an amazing experience. I do not know why or how I was influenced so much by the culture, but it has been one of my favorite nations to study independently. I did do other things while I was there such as bungy jumping! 0-0 I always say it was the scariest minutes if my life.
Have you ever bungy jumped?

Last edited by 2600; 11-30-2014 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: Ipad= hard to format

AliciaNwonderland
Halloweiner

Old 11-30-2014, 05:39 PM

congrats on going to university superzombiep! what will you study mainly?

---------- Post added 11-30-2014 at 11:46 AM ----------

oh I'd love to go to Egypt and see the pyramids!

I've always loved reading on the subject of ancient Egypt and the pharaohs

I've never bungee jumped yikes! I'm deathly afraid of heights and also afraid of dying splatted like a pancake :p lol

what concerts have been your favorite (if you've been to any)

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 11-30-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaNwonderland View Post
you are from south Africa superzombiep?? one of my most favorite people lives there, in Durban. he sends me pics all the time and tells me stuff about your country! it sounds beautiful

thank you 2600! yalls questions are so great! I already love this thread! it makes me think about my answers

my favorite genre of books is horror or fantasy, I love to be creeped out!

omg I loved wristcutters!!! I adore movies that are different like that and unique and strange... Japanese horror is awesome for that as well.

my ideal vacation would be just relaxing on the beach, its my favorite place and the pull of the waves is so calming and hypnotic to me. it always makes me think of how small and insignificant I am to stand in the tide.

who are your favorite actors/actresses?
Hey, I'm an hour away from Durban! In Pietermaritzburg. People like Durban because it's fast paced and whatnot, but PMB is really pretty. Lots of old buildings in the city center and the city hall is just
I wish I had some pics to show off...

I love things that make my brain word

My favourite actors/actresses... ich, what a question
Helena Bonham Carter, Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Irons, Peter O'Toole, Audrey Hepburn, Shirley Maclaine, Benedict Cumberbatch, Anthony Hopkins, it goes on, but I seen now that I like a lot of older actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2600 View Post
I have always wanted to go to Egypt. It is not exactly sound there currently though. I feel like a nomad traveling through menewhsha nation.

Yes I really did. I volunteered in Cape Town for two months. During that time I taught at an elementary school and in youth detention facilities. It was quite an amazing experience. I do not know why or how I was influenced so much by the culture, but it has been one of my favorite nations to study independently. I did do other things while I was there such as bungy jumping! 0-0 I always say it was the scariest minutes if my life.
Have you ever bungy jumped?
I can't remember a lot of Egypt. Apparently we saw the statue of Rameses, but I... just... can't!
I'm moving to Cape Town!! Wow, that does sound awesome. I'll be doing my studies at Tygerberg hospital, so I'm excited to be immersed in the culture. I've been kinda sheltered
Bungy jumping?! OMG, I would be that brave. I've never done it and probably never will

Stupid question, but did anyone notice this new emote??

---------- Post added 11-30-2014 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaNwonderland View Post
congrats on going to university superzombiep! what will you study mainly?

---------- Post added 11-30-2014 at 11:46 AM ----------

oh I'd love to go to Egypt and see the pyramids!

I've always loved reading on the subject of ancient Egypt and the pharaohs

I've never bungee jumped yikes! I'm deathly afraid of heights and also afraid of dying splatted like a pancake :p lol

what concerts have been your favorite (if you've been to any)
Thank you! I'm so happy, I can't tell you
I'm doing physiotherapy for 4 years and then an internship for 1 year after that. Recently bought my anatomy book and it's huge!

What was your favourite subject in school/university??

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 11-30-2014, 06:00 PM

I was looking at history, and came up to this conclusion.

The British Kingdom was so bad, they made the leaders of our nation look like the good guys. They were assholes then, and they're still assholes now, but I think that, deep down, people still remember what it was like to be servants to the British Kingdom, and they'd take our corrupt government any-day. That's the only reason we don't outright revolt: Fear.

What do you all think about it?

AliciaNwonderland
Halloweiner

Old 11-30-2014, 06:12 PM

I got my scholarship for drama to my university and those classes were always my favorite
I also really enjoyed any reading or literature classes in high school and the home economics classes were always fun

I agree with you andraus... I think americans like to complain about our government but they wouldn't want to live in another country without our liberties and freedoms.

Superzombiep I love Helena Bonham carter and her husband is absolutely brilliant!!

---------- Post added 11-30-2014 at 12:13 PM ----------

My favs are johnny depp and charlize Theron, I also love Gary oldman and Jason bateman

---------- Post added 11-30-2014 at 12:13 PM ----------

Ooops my question.... What is your favorite thing to eat?

The Queer Engineer

Old 11-30-2014, 06:19 PM

Why hello there Andraus, how have you been? I have not ventured in the RP forum in a while. Thanks for joining in.
Quote:
What do you all think about it?
Fear would make sense as a reason not to revolt. Political systems that run on fear will ultimately fall by a rebellion or evolution of the people. It is only when all other options have been exhausted that a population decides to revolt. This is what I think although it may not all be correct.
If you had your own logo what would it look like and what would it represent?

Andraus

Old 11-30-2014, 06:23 PM

A burning flag. I represent no-one, and lay claim to nothing, and shall make my mark in history with my own name, not the name of my home, or of the government that ruled me.

America is dying already, it's completely rotten. Soon, there will be nothing left for the rats to feed on. All it needs is one push, to send it over the edge.

If it was your choice, would you revolt?

The Queer Engineer

Old 11-30-2014, 06:38 PM

A burning flag sounds like a powerful logo. Would it be a specific country's flag or just a solid color?
Quote:
If it was your choice, would you revolt?
This is an interesting question to ask. In order to begin a revolt one must have a problem with their current situation. To suggest a political revolt unprovoked seems to be ill hearted. However should their be extreme imbalance of power between the government and it's citizens then it might be advised. If that was the case I would join in a revolt.
Are you proud of your heritage why or why not?

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 11-30-2014, 06:58 PM

Such a powerful conversation this has turned into. I am immensely proud of my heritage. There were so many brilliant people in my family and not for world moving things. Little things, you know? My grandfather left school when he was 14/15 because his father diead and there was no one to take care of his 17 sisters. He worked in his father's shop until he was above 50 years old and even gave up education. He wanted to be a doctor and I think he would have been a damn good one. My grandmother went against the entire Apartheid system and became one of the first non-white nurses in S.A. She changed so many lives, I'm so proud when people say "You're her granddaughter? I worked with her. She was a marvel." My greatgrandfather went into rural areas to teach English to the Sotho people. His father before him, people would bring their letters to him for him to read. Not many people could read at that time. My family is full of people who actually helped others and I'll be damned if I don't try to do that aswell!!

If you could visit any time in history, where would you go and why?

Andraus

Old 11-30-2014, 07:25 PM

War and Revolution is in my blood. My family fought in the War of the Castilian Succession, on my fathers side, and on my mothers, we fought along with William Wallace during the Wars of Scottish Independence. My great uncle was Alvin C. York, a famous world war 1 hero. I am damn proud of my heritage, and I will honor their memory by preserving the ideals they left behind. I won't fight for a government or a people I don't believe in, and shall destroy those that visibly oppress their people.

To answer your question, 2600, The Flag would bear nothing, as stating only one government would narrow the symbolism of it. There is more than one corrupt government in the world, and saying you'll only fight the one you live with is hypocritical. To fight against oppression, you must fight against everyone that oppress.

I am Revolutionary, but who are all of you?

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 11-30-2014, 07:43 PM

Such heritage, Andy! You have a lot to be proud of indeed. The fact that you're so true to yourself is epic.

My body is healing and stories, but my soul is magic. It's difficult to explain. I have healing in my hands and stories in my head, but I believe so strongly in magic that I see it in everything. Make of it what you will, but don't make mockery of it. I will eat you.

My previous question stands...

AliciaNwonderland
Halloweiner

Old 11-30-2014, 07:54 PM

i so want to be part of this discussion but I'm in and out right now due to damned responsibilities :p I will be back later!

what's your favorite color? mine is purple but I also really love pink in any shade of tha two

Last edited by AliciaNwonderland; 11-30-2014 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: typos

The Queer Engineer

Old 11-30-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
If you could visit any time in history, where would you go and why?
I would probably visit the 1800s in England. I would Try and be as fancy as possible. This is due to my constant obsession with Victorian and neo Victorian societies. I would love to go to England one day. Now for a question.
What is your favorite holiday?

---------- Post added 11-30-2014 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote:
what's your favorite color?
My favorite color is purple as well! O.o my next favorite is white because it encompasses all colors. And my third is grey because it can be a ver neutral and classy color. I do love rainbows, but that is a lot of colors. I can argue that they are included within my second color. Thanks white!
What was the name of your first pet or what would you name a pet if you had one?

Last edited by 2600; 11-30-2014 at 10:01 PM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-30-2014, 10:31 PM

Hooray, 2600 has a hangout! ^_^ Hi everyone, how is it going with you? Glad to see so many familiar faces here in the new thread.

My question is -- if you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Last edited by salvete; 12-01-2014 at 03:08 AM..

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-01-2014, 02:49 AM

salvete: ^_^ Thats right, there are only two rules here really. The minimum is three sentences and you must always end your posts with a question.
Did someone ever give you a stuffed animal, if so what was it?

Last edited by 2600; 12-01-2014 at 02:58 AM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-01-2014, 02:51 AM

Oohh I see. ^_^

To answer your question, I have a ton of stuffed animals that have been given to me by family members and friends. It is an extremely long list to go through, though!

I wanted to ask you if you wanted to check out my hangout. ^_^ So I guess my question is, would you like to check out my hangout?

Or, maybe I could ask a different question...hmm...what is your favorite holiday treat? :D

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-01-2014, 03:31 AM

I shall hang out on your thread more often. I really love reading people's responses in this thread. I get a taste of what other users' opinion on things are.
Quote:
I am Revolutionary, but who are all of you?
In biology I'm a gender. In America I am a class. I'm the world I am a race. Social scientists would call me Generation Y, but who really am I? I am a student,
Quote:
a part-time lover and a full- time friend.
, an artist, a musician, but sans essential identifications I am one of many among this earth put here by forces unknown to me.
If the classic lounge sold drinks, what drink would you get? (Just pretend that you could get the drink through your computer screen)

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-01-2014, 03:36 AM

To answer your question, 2600, I would get apple juice, milk, iced tea, or orange juice! ^_^ I suppose water would be tasty as well, although some might disagree. I love that quote about being a part-time lover and full-time friend.

What snacks or beverages would you offer in the lounge, 2600?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-01-2014, 03:39 AM

Bar type drinks as well as fancy coffees and teas. Juices could be served as well. If others request drinks I can include them as well. I would be the bartender. Do you know where the quote in my previous post is from?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-01-2014, 03:41 AM

I did not, but I went and looked it up! It is from a song called "Anyone Else But You" by the Moldy Peaches ^_^ I am not sure about the quote about being a revolutionary, though.

If you had a band, what would you call it?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-01-2014, 03:46 AM

Hehe that quote is the question I was answering. Andraus posted it in this thread. That is a good question. I would call it the wrist band and we would play post-modern folk music.
Have you ever wondered what one of your pets would taste like or have you ever been out hunting?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-01-2014, 03:48 AM

I have never had a pet. But, I have worked with animals before! I did not wonder what the pets tasted like, but I did taste all their food... ^_^ No, I have not hunted, either. I have done the little carnival fishing things, though. It was sad when I hooked the fish. I released it immediately!

Do you have a favorite animal or any pets?

The Queer Engineer

Old 12-01-2014, 03:57 AM

We have three dogs and a cat. I love them all very much. I may be more of a dog person than a cat person. I just feel,like they are more lovable. I do have a favorite animal, but it has no relation to my pets. It is the duck-billed platypus.
What is music on your personal soundtrack?