CheerioMornings
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-10-2013, 03:57 AM

The black clouds had been titled the madness.

Each time they had been spotted, they entered towns like a fog and lingered until many of the people's minds seemed to snap. They would slaughter each other for apparent no reason. At first people had thought it was the beginning of rebels, or a an oncoming war.. but they soon realized that it was something else. No one was sure how to stop it and it was already causing a drift between the people all over the lands.

Gwen was determined to stop it, somehow. She hadn't always been able to feel the purity, the auras of people until the whole madness started. Maybe it was a coincidence, but maybe it was a sign that she was chosen to help stop it. she didn't know how or what she was going to do in the end. All she knew was that she couldn't just keep ignoring it, she couldn't keep fleeing from the rumors of the impending death of the blackness.

"Excuse me miss!" A gruff voice mumbled out in drunken stupor as a stranger bumped into a table. Gwen glanced up and smiled politely at the older man as he wobbled away to get more mean. Some people were simply more interested in drinking away the memory of the tragedies of what was happening.

The thought sent a chill through her and she let herself fall back into her chair. There was plenty of commotion in the inn. As more places were deserted, more became populated as people tried to hide. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, reaching back to rub her head as she plagued herself with her own thoughts. "I'm not used to this much of a crowd.. I'm not sure if i should try getting involved with some dancing, or if I should just go hide in my room like you usually do.." She commented idly, directing it towards her companion who sat across the tablet from her.

Fendrel glanced up from the wooden table towards the woman. She had came to him, jabbering on about how he was pure and could help stop the madness that was happening. In truth, he didn't understand it but maybe that was because he didn't want to know. Despite that he was a good fighter, strong looking and even intimidating.. He just preferred to live in peace and quiet as a blacksmith. Supplying the weapons to a war was enough excitement for him. The damned wench just wouldn't leave him alone, and perhaps he did have a soft spot for pretty girls.. deep deep down.

"When are we leaving?" his voice asked in it's usual low growl, making Gwen glance towards him. She gave a small shrug of her shoulders as a response before taking a drink from her mug. Fendrel followed example and sucked the mead that stuck to the hairs of his mustache. "You made me come with you for whatever reason I won't try to understand yet, but you have to have a plan.."

"Of course I have a plan!" Gwen insisted and gave the man a look. She brushed one of the red curled from her face and grinned. "It's just not a very good, solid one." A huff of annoyance puffed from the man and she couldn't help but chuckle lightly. "We can't get to serious yet, not when we're so far from where we need to be. Right now we just need to keep our heads and find more people to help us, after all, we can't do this alone."

"Yes, but remember, you're the only one that can apparently find them. At least between us. I have absolutely no idea what the hell you're feelin'."

Gwen sighed and gave another nod before waving her empty mug around until it was refilled by the tavern owner's wife. "Well, the sooner we get a good group, the closer we are. After that we can try going to some of the towns that have already been hit and abandoned by it?" She suggested, only getting a grunt for a response.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 06-11-2013, 12:55 AM

The rain started, slowly at first, then it grew heavier. The tavern ahead looked like a great place to take shelter. The rain was great, but this particular one was too heavy to be outside in. It was already very crowded inside with everyone drinking, holding conversations, and dancing around to the minstrel's song.

Yumi managed to find a seat near the corner. She let her eyes roam around the room, observing all the different characters gathered together. She wondered if anyone had any leads on The Madness. Maybe where it originated or how to stop it from plaguing the land. Those were the questions that needed answered, but no one seemed to have any answers.

While everyone was gathered around downstairs, a lone figure was sneaking around like a shadow upstairs. Treasure was the biggest allure to Semaj he loved to "find" shiny gold and silver coins, polished jewels, and other lovely trinkets. Deep down, he was actually longing for companionship which might evolve into friendship. He kept a mask over his true feelings, preferring to display his thieving side and loner disposition.

Spotting the traveling merchant sitting next to the bar, Iya wandered over. "Greetings!" She battered her eyelashes a couple times and continued, "Have you heard any tales about The Madness clouds?"

Yumi picked up on the conversation and moved closer, while still hanging back and not being too oblivious.

CheerioMornings
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-12-2013, 02:27 PM

The merchant glanced over at the pretty girl and gave a slight grin. He set his mug down to lean towards her, wobbling just slightly from being intoxicated. His mouth opened to say hello, but he stopped when she continued to talk to him. When the woman mentioned the clouds, everyone in the tavern suddenly went silent. All eyes turned to her. He pulled away and looked into his mug, eyes shutting as he tried to push away a painful memory.

"This isn't a place to be talkin' about that, girl.." A random man said in an angered, low voice as he stepped closer. "Lotta folks came here running from those blasted clouds, they ain't in the mood to be hearing about 'em now. Now maybe it's best if you got yourself outta 'er." He grumbled out with narrowing eyes, reaching his hand out to grab the imperial's arm.

He didn't get very far as Fendrel had suddenly came up and grabbed the offending hand by it's wrist. Both men looked each other, eyes burning with the sudden idea to beat the crap out of the other. "It's raining a bit to hard to be sending a woman out, don't you think?" Fendrel said slowly and let go of the man's wrist, allowing him to straighten himself and glance back at the girl.

"..Fine. Just don't be running your mouth. We don't be needin' anymore pain."

Fendrel watched as the man walked away before turning to the girl. He blinked slowly, his face still a bit expressionless as he looked her over. "You should be careful of what you say anymore. People are wary and are looking for a reason to blame the clouds, or at least vent their negative emotions onto." He finally said in a warning and gently moved to sit down beside her. Glancing to the drunk merchant, he gave a glare that sent the drunken man away in a wobble, not wanting to have to tussle with such a bruly warrior.

"Why is it that you're asking? I may know someone that could use your help.. She's rather determined to find a way to stop them." He had no idea if that was wjhat she wanted to do, but he wasn't very subtle at times.

Gwen had been watching the whole scene and sighed as they were blocked from her view by strangers. "Silly Fendrel." She cooed and glanced around the room as well as people began to get back into their merry drunken cheer. While no one else could see the things she did, she watched a different colored auras swirling around in the air. They all were a bit light colored, save for the flick of red from anger but none were truly evil.. and as far as she could see, none were truly good either. And that was what she was beginning to search for. After all, Light against black, right?

Then she spotted one and her eyebrows lifted. Gwen immediately pushed herself up from her chair and headed towards it. She pushed through the crowd before finally setting her eyes on a young woman, a high elf. "Hello." She greeted with a small wave and gave a friendly smile. Placing her hands on the table top, she leaned in close to talk more privately in the crowd. "I see you're listening to my friend over there." She whispered and motioned towards Fendrel.

"Are you interested? I think we could use someone like you, and if you know anything that'd be even more helpful." Gwen flashed another grin but didn't really elaborate. She wasn't very good at that when she had the goal in mind.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 06-16-2013, 05:22 PM

Pain? I am trying to find a way to get rid of that which is causing this pain, but no one seems willing to help. Iya thought to herself as the man walked away.

She tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled sweetly at Fendrel. "Thank you for that. I don't really mind the rain though, especially if I have a reason to be out in it. And the most important reason would be if I had a way to stop these clouds. By the Nine Divines may it be so. You mentioned you know someone who may be able to help? I would very much like to meet this person."

Yumi looked Gwen over. She did not seem to be an unfriendly sort, but she was definitely straightforward. "Hello to you as well." She nodded towards Fendrel and Iya as she continued, "Those two seem to be talking about the madness clouds. My goal is to gather information and find a way to stop them from plaguing our lands. Is that your intent as well? Maybe the first place to start is the last place the clouds hit."

Someone was staggering drunkenly towards the room. Semaj's keen senses could detect him even if he was creeping. However, in the state this man was in, it was not hard to notice in the slightest. Semaj picked up the last of his treasures and made his way to the window. He inhaled deeply, saddened by the thought of what would come next. With only a little effort, he managed to open it, slip outside, and scale down the wall to the ground below. Taking care to avoid the mud puddles that were rapidly forming, he quickly made his way to the porch of the tavern. He set his bag down and stood over it as he shook himself dry. Then he looked up at the sky longingly. If only it would stop raining. He sighed heavily, picked up the bag, and headed inside. It would be a good idea to get a room of his own, so that he could wait out the rain and store his loot.