Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-28-2014, 09:22 PM

Kathleen Mitchins had just graduated from the police academy, but unlike her other classmates, she did not join a squad. She went to the captain's office and stood at attention. The middle aged man behind the desk appraised her with his eyes. Kathleen stood a little short, but her back was ramrod straight and nothing besides her brown braid tossed over a shoulder exuded femininity.

"Are you sure this is the path you want?" The captain asked. She didn't even bother with an answer. She would never turn back once she started down a path. He pushed a file toward her and she flipped it open, eying the picture of her labeled with a different name. "Meet Katie Long, your new ID. I already deleted all record of you graduating from the academy and the identity is backstopped. You're a car thief with a few B&E's, minor assaults, and the likes. I'm sure you can convince a few gangsters to give you a job. Good luck, Katie." He handed her a set of keys along with the file. New car, new home. She nodded and accepted them.

"I won't let you down, sir."

And just like that, a young cop started her life as a wannabe gangster. Her goal was clear-- infiltrate the gang and take them down.

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 03-28-2014, 11:43 PM

It was past noon and Jared was getting hungry. Not that he was ever not hungry, just hungry enough to notice. He had grown up in this neighborhood. Knew every alley. Every hiding place. Part of the neighborhood had been remodeled by the city. An attempt to civilize the place and make it worth more. He didn't particularly care. Scoffed at all those folks anyways. Walking down the street, he felt in his pockets and pulled out what cash he had. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get him ramen.

Strolling confidently into a small market store, he didn't even glance at the suspicious grocer. He bee lined it to the dry food section and picked up a pack of chicken ramen. Chicken all the way! Then he headed to the drink counter and pulled a Styrofoam cup off the stack. There was pop, tea, coffee, hot chocolate... choices of luxury. He got some hot water and put a lid on it and grabbed two straws. Walking to the counter, he placed his selection down. "It's just hot water, you can't charge for that."

"Ramen will be .25" said the wary man behind the counter.

Pulling out a quarter, Jared plopped it on the counter and picked up his stuff. As he turned to leave, he called out, "Pleasure doing business!" He didn't hear a reply and didn't care. He was gonna get something to eat at least. The gang really needed to get some cash in. This was ridiculous. He would have to run by them later at the garage.

For appearance sake the garage was a normal neighborhood garage shop that fixed cars. Most of the gang kept away from it and hung out in a secondary location. Come night though, they would leave the safety of this neighborhood and hit up downtown or along the beach. Picking and stealing cars to chop up for parts was their style. No one had caught them yet.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-01-2014, 02:57 AM

Katie's new place was just for show. Her key led to a small apartment-- bedroom, kitchenette, a separate bathroom, and a sitting area with an empty space for a tv. She didn't mind the sparseness one bit though. It wasn't like she was moving her whole life in here, just the false corner of it. When you only had two duffel bags, it was easy to move in. She spread some books on the table to give the place a lived in feeling. No pictures though. Her cover's house couldn't have anything personal in it, so the closest to home that she allowed was Spencer, the old white bear with a pink bow around its neck. She told her mother she hated him, being so girly. That didn't stop him from living on a shelf in her bedroom, and now a twin sized bed that creaked.

Most cops might have settled in first, but Katie had no intentions of taking it easy with her first job. She already had all the intel she needed. Maybe she was just young thinking that, but she planned to cruise the town tonight. It was a couple more hours until sunset and she planned to get to the gang's garage before then so she could make herself a grand entrance. She didn't grin or chuckle at her plan. She was all seriousness. She changed into a grey tank top and fixed her hair up in a much looser braid. She threw on a dark colored jacket and set her ipod to play hip-hop tunes before she headed out for a run.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-02-2014, 05:35 PM

It was a bit early yet in the afternoon to stop by the garage. Too many customers around. So Jared walked on out to the beach. It was beautiful out here and the strong breeze felt good. Almost as if it could wrap him up in a private world for a little while, safe from the life he lived. Stepping slowly, softly, towards the water's edge, he let his mind drift into nothingness as his eyes followed the waves. It was a good thing to do if one dared. To let the stress go. He gave himself just two minutes of peace.

Then he slowly started walked up the beach towards the cliffs. This area was already deserted because it wasn't tourism season. Even during peak season though, the cliffs were usually empty. Empty except for a small handful of people who called the place home. Reaching the bottom of the cliffs, he picked and chose his way up the boulders towards the top. A view of both the city on one side and the ocean on the other could be seen. Yet this was not why he came here. A few others from the gang were already reclining against smoothed boulders.

This was the select few in the gang that tended towards nonviolence. Most were out patrolling for targets to steal or races to join. Not these guys. They contributed in manpower as needed, but otherwise the ocean was their friend. All of them looked to the waves below for a sense of peace in their mad world. It was okay to be human here. He grinned as he stopped in, but knew that it was a cover. It was for them all. One of the others greeted him, "Hey Jared."

"Hey Mike. What's new?"

"You won't like it."

"Spill." Jared looked at the dark head carefully.

"We gonna do some hits tonight."

"You're right and wrong. I don't like it but I am glad. Need the cash."

Another of the group, Mandy, piped up, "We are just the hired help. The gang's elite leadership doesn't go hungry. Sure would be nice to get more dough."

Mike interjected, "No, it wouldn't. Money is necessary to live, but you don't want enough to be comfortable. Comes at too high of a cost. I'm all for beating the daylights out of someone. Maybe slashing tires or sabotaging the police. Not out to kill though. That's crossing a line." Jared nodded in agreement.

Mandy pushed a little, her brown eyes flashing eagerly, "Since we are getting paid though, we were thinking about pooling our money and hitting a buffet. An all you can eat place. If we went early, then our minds would be clear later tonight."

Nodding thoughtfully, Jared asked, "The rest of you want to?" Seeing their nods, he agreed, "I'm in. Ramen wasn't filling anyways." Their laughter filled the air between them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-07-2014, 11:40 PM

The sun was slow in disappearing behind the low buildings. This wasn't the sort of place where sky scrapers blocked the sun early on in the evening and if this were any other situation, Katie would have loved the city. Knowing all the dark secrets of a place tended to lessen its charm. by the time it was sufficiently dark, she was already in the seeder area of town where the garage was. It was known to be a honest place of business and the police couldn't find any proof to contradict that, but it was connected for sure.

Katie glanced around the area and walked into the garage right before the sun dropped below the horizon. She moved with the sort of purpose that said she belonged and it was remarkable how much distance a little confidence could get you. Without getting noticed by the few people still there, she disappeared into the back of the garage looking for some offices. She poked her head into the rooms and found a nice empty one that looked well kept. People obviously met here from time to time and she doubted it was all about clean business. If the garage was a front for the gang, then there had to be something here that led back to the real stuff, even if it wasn't court worthy evidence.

She perused the desk, looking toward the door every so often. She had a good memory, but she took pictures of the materials so she could look over them later in case she missed some significance. After a few hurried minutes of that, she took a seat in one of chairs. Slinging her legs over the arm rest in a picture of relaxed confidence, she settled down for someone to show up. She had a few words to say to whoever was in charge of this garage.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-08-2014, 12:00 AM

Darkness fell. The streets began to empty of respectable folks. In their place came teenagers of all ages. Loud music transformed the streets. What few cars drove through now were old and beat up. Anything nicer would get stolen. Jared eased past a couple groping in an alley. Reaching the end, he paused and looked across at the garage. It was closing. The boss, Jackel, stood at the side door smoking a cigarette. His eyes roaming back and forth lazily. Muscles taunt giving away his pretense. When he turned and went inside, Jared knew the coast was clear.

Mandy and Mike had retreated for the park. Most of the gang would show up there. The old amphitheater wasn't used anymore. So that was where they met late at night. Jared's job was to get instructions for his small group. He was the only single guy in it, making five of them. Belle and Beast were the other two. They depended on him as their group leader to collect the information, lead their end of the deal, and bring back their payment.

Walking across the street, he entered the side door where a burly man stood guard. The burly man ignored him, his job to keep strangers out. Jared walked past and into the cool interior of the now quiet building.

Ahead of him and around a corner, Jackel opened his office door. Walking in, he pulled out a long knife, swung, and held it against the throat of the girl sitting there. "Well well well. What do we have here. A rat sitting willing where it can be trapped? You better talk girl and talk fast." Jared came up to the door and froze. Looking in he could see Jackel standing there and knew that she better have a good thing to say or two. Otherwise her throat would be split open in seconds. Jared was witness to too many murders. He didn't want to see it again. In cold blood. Especially to a pretty thing like her.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-15-2014, 04:16 AM

Katie had been sitting for a long time, but she never let her relaxed pose shift into one of restlessness. she tried not to get careless and let her mind wander, but she jumped when the door swung open. She didn't have time to duck away from the knife, not that she would have anyway when she needed this. Shock, fear, and anger warred in her, but bravado won out. She wouldn't be undercover if she couldn't handle a few close calls. She developed her mask of bravery before she was old enough to ride a bike, so playing along now was easy. Katie's smile was smug and fearless.

"I was wondering when you would get here. I'm new in town and I heard you've got a gang running out of this here garage," Katie said. "I also heard you ain't doing so well. I happen to be in the business for a new job." She let a thread of taunt color her voice. Katie never took her eyes off of the one holding the knife to her throat, though she was aware someone watched from the door. She never let herself fear that this ploy might go bad, but she knew her body floating up on shore was a very real possibility.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-15-2014 at 06:34 PM..

maidenroseheart

Old 04-16-2014, 12:51 AM

Jackel raised an eyebrow at here and leered, "Me? Running a gang? From this garage? You got your facts all mixed up girl. I take cars that others bring me and fix them. If those who bring me cars are in a gang, well, I don't discriminate." He eyed her up and down, licking his lips. "But if you want your car fixed, I might be able to come to an... agreement." He grinned but it didn't reach his eyes.

Jared knew what was coming next. Quickly stepping in, he cleared his throat. Jackel glanced up at him, then pulled back the blade. Standing up, he walked around to his desk and leaned against the back wall. Jared shrugged, "We could use some help." He wasn't dumb. This girl wasn't surviving the night unless she made herself useful and fast.

Jackel looked at Jared thoughtfully. Then he slowly nodded, "She is your problem. Straighten out her facts." He turned and walked out into the hall. Jared followed. Jackel glanced at him and whispered, "Your group gets me three cars. Selling 20,000 used."

Shrugging, Jared asked, "You aren't going to chop them for parts?"

Jackel shook his head, "Can't afford it. Seems the police were following us closely there for awhile and now they backed off. I won't have stolen parts stored here overnight. Not for a little bit. I got us a buyer down at the docks. Drive them there where they will be loaded up. Walk away. I'll square up with you in a few days."

Jared grimaced, "Could use the money now boss. You might start losing crew."

Jackel back handed him across the cheek. "Don't." Waiting and watching, he was satisfied at the lack of attitude or fight. There was no power struggle here. So he added, "I have an advance for your group. Your new girlfriend gets a part of your cut though." He pulled an envelope out of his back pocket and handed it over.

Jared slipped it into the back of his jeans. Watching Jackel leave to close up shop, Jared reached up and gingerly touched his cheek. What he went through for the others. If he hadn't said anything though, Jackel wouldn't have given him the envelope. Turning, he walked back into the office and glared down at the girl. "Well, let's go. You claim to want a job. This is your audition. First, the rules. Never show up here ever again. Two, Jackel is clean and stays clean. Don't say otherwise unless you want to be a cooling corpse. Third, no complaining for any reason. Now if you are cool with that, let's get out of here."

Last edited by maidenroseheart; 04-21-2014 at 10:54 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 AM

Her heart had gone into her throat for a second. Inwardly, Katie breathed a sigh of relief. She decided she would have to thank this other guy later for saving her neck. That was, thank in a purely professional, I want to get to know your illegal activity sort of way. She noted the fresh bruise on his cheek and recognized it as a sign that this was the kind of guy she needed to get close to. He went out of his way to keep her from being killed and though she strained to hear what was said in the hall, she could only guess it was her new 'friend' get his ass handed to him for sticking his neck out. This Jackel guy kept a real tight ship. It was half the reason the cops couldn't do more than arrest a few gang bangers that would be replaced before the day was over.

Finally standing from the chair, she offered the guy her hand and a smile. "Name's Katie. Thanks for this. I swear I won't make you regret it." She glanced around and then leaned close for the sort of conspiratorial whisper that naturally got people to bond, as if sharing a well known secret was actually a big deal. "So what is this audition? Oh by the way, what's your name?"

maidenroseheart

Old 04-21-2014, 11:05 PM

Jerking his chin towards the door, he turned and led the way out. Gruffly, he said, "Name's Jared." What was a pretty thing like her doing on the streets and looking for gangs to join? He figured it she was passing through, she should have just kept going. Besides, she seemed really nice. Jared was sure that there might be a touch of naivety there too. She probably hadn't been in a gang before. She didn't know what was about to happen to her, but he would do it his way so that she would stay alive.

Reaching the street, he suggested, "Now listen, you seem to be a tough kid. Do me a favor and not go jumping to conclusions." It was all he could think of to say. Anything more would warn her, unless of course she had been in a gang before. Then she would already know what was about to happen. They were nearing the park. It's large trees and cut grass a welcome barrier to the concrete jungle they normally lived in. Also, it provided privacy. Nearing the amphitheater, he saw his group rise up. Mike and Beast strolled up towards thems, the brute force of the bunch. Mandy and Belle flanked them, eyeing the new girl smugly. Jared made a simply introduction. "New girl. Says her name is Katie. She wants to join. Boss says to give her a chance."

The boys nodded, eyes narrowing slightly. Then the two girls lunged. Each tackled her easily and quickly before there was a chance to run. Beast came up behind Katie and grabbed her around the shoulders and waist. Jared had a rule. New boys got beaten by boys. New girls got beaten by girls. That was to ensure no one was over or under beat up. If she could handle this, then she would be tougher and wouldn't break if another gang or the cops got her. So Mandy and Belle laid into Katie with the fists, elbows, knees, and feet. They didn't scratch or bite. The goal wasn't to draw blood. They also avoided the face. Only where clothes covered her. It was a consideration not given to men.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-22-2014, 03:04 AM

"You seem cool...for a dude," Was all Katie said in response. Not too friendly, not too mean. She made it clear she was a tough and independent girl, even if she was grateful. For all that Katie was putting on a naive and smiling face, she was just as tense now as she had been waiting in the office. Always looking over her shoulder, she just made sure it didn't look like she was being as wary as she was. She knew things would only get tougher, but she could brawl with the best of them in every sense. So she walked with a skip in her step even when they came to the amphitheater. Abandoned--no exits-- she noted. Before she could react, she was grabbed from behind by some guy.

Katie struggled against him without trying to actually get away. She expected the hazing and knew now wasn't the time to be tough. She just needed to take the punches and she did so with only a few grunts and her eyes open and glaring. Bitches, this the best you got? In her head, she insulted the gang girls who were probably getting off on the chance to show power. Katie would laugh when she finally had them behind bars.

When the hazing was finally over with, she just un-tensed her muscles and spit to the side. "Welcoming bunch aren't ya?"

maidenroseheart

Old 04-22-2014, 09:38 PM

Jared felt a nudge of respect for Katie. She handled herself very well. Allowing a hint of a grin, he said, "The beating makes you a part of us. Toughens you up so you won't break. If you ever betray us, the pain you feel will seem but a scratch in comparison." Same old stuff most people say, but it had a truth to it.

Beast let Katie go and stepped back. Mike immediately stepped forward. Always the happiest of the group, he offered a hand, "Hey Katie, I'm Mike. And this here is my girl Mandy. She knows the best food places around here and I'm the entertainment."

Belle piped up, "He is also a charmer and nothing short of a flirt." Walking forward also to offer her hand, Belle added, "I'm Belle and sadly, yes, I'm with Beast over there."

Beast grunted. He rarely ever spoke.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-28-2014, 05:11 AM

More like when I betray you. If it were up to Katie, she would have stayed irritated at the gangsters far longer. She might have picked a fight, but she could do that later if she wanted. Instead, she let herself smile and greet the gangsters. She would have to learn to like them. "Well you guys don't have to worry 'bout me not being tough. I've got that down to an art," She fixed her braid so it fell forward over her shoulder again then proceeded to brush herself off and inspect the damage. She decided she'd been through far worse in the police academy being the petite girl in a group of macho men, but she quickly leaned how to win against them in a fight.

"But I guess it's nice meeting you all. I'm not much used to people though..." she added with a mutter. Which was truth for her as well as her cover. She never had been a team player. "'Fraid I don't know much about how things work around here. I've only been in town a week. Could you all fill me in?"

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2014, 01:11 AM

Everyone turned and looked at Jared. Mandy supplied, "Jared's got point on things. We learned long ago to not push our luck too much. You end up dead. He has brains and the know how." Belle nodded. The boys looked slightly put out by that but respect was in their eyes. It was clear real fast that the group was tight knit despite any differences of opinions.

Jared crossed his arms and leaned back against part of the ampitheater. "Well Katie, there isn't much to fill in. You have needs and wants in this world. This world isn't going to let you get them, no matter how legal you go. So you have to do things, often the hard way, to get through life. That is what we do."

He wanted to let them all see if they survived the night first, but there were some things that would be good for her to know up front. "If you are in this area and you see a job advertisement, don't answer it. They won't hire you if you don't have a living address. If they do, you won't get paid. They just like the cheap labor. We all experienced it. Grocery store. Old bookstore. If I had my guess, I would think there was someone out there working to keep those of us on the streets right where we are. So take our advice, don't get what looks like a legal job."

Now on to more important stuff. "Since you gotta live, you've joined a gang. That is a good start. We..." he motioned to them five... "avoid physical violence against people themselves. We steal cars. We send them on to others. We get paid. If you find yourself in a pinch, fight back with all you got. But only as a last resort. You can go hulk on us if you wish, and you will still be a part of the gang, just not with us 5. That isn't the way we roll. You understand me?" Vivid memories threatened to spill out. Revenge killings. Blood. Death. Violence just wasn't the way to go.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-02-2014, 03:11 AM

Katie bit her lip as she listened. It was a habit she had since childhood whenever she was thinking hard. She absorbed every detail that Jared spilled. It wasn't anything useful to her as a cop, but she knew she was at least gaining their trust. Hopefully their respect too. She wouldn't be too impatient, though it was her second nature. She would settle with just learning how to survive as a gangster.

"I understand. Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll fit in just fine. I never joined a gang proper before, but my older cuz used to run around with a crew back in Baltimore. I tagged around because I didn't have anywhere better to go," she said. She tilted her head up to look a the sky as if in the middle of a wistful memory, something that left a small smile on her lips. "He was a pretty crappy cuz, but he taught me how to boost cars like a pro. If it's about that, then I'm your girl! Just because I know how to fight doesn't mean I enjoy it." And that was the only mostly true statement out of everything she said. There were times she liked the fight and the rush of adrenaline, the thrill of being on top for once. That didn't mean she wanted to like it. She became a cop to stop the violence, not join it.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-09-2014, 12:20 AM

Jared listened quietly, taking in the information like a sponge. He liked to check people out. Might be a good idea to run a background check on her and see if he could find out more on the cousin. That could wait until later though. For now, they needed to roll. "Okay listen up guys, we need to get several really nice cars. Mike and Mandy, go scout down by that spiffy new nightclub that opened up downtown. Pick out something nice and steal outfits so that they just give you the keys." They grinned at him and nodded.

Jared turned to Belle and Beast, "my best duo. You two gonna make things interesting. The boardwalk hasn't been hit for a long time. For a reason." They liked hanging out down there. The little paradise they called "home" was nearby too. Up on the cliffs. "However there is an influx of beachgoers and they are spending the next night or three down there. Find me something nice in the middle of the parking lot and drive her out." They grinned, Belle leaning into Beast's chest and he wrapping his arms around her companionably.

That just left one person. Looking at Katie, he said, "Well sweetheart, you can come with me. We are gonna boost a car right out of a dealership. How are your driving skills?" He normally worked alone. But someone had to keep an eye on Katie and make sure she didn't get herself killed. Also, tonight the boss would have a lot of his men out doing very similar things. He wasn't in a forgiving mood and Jared wanted to make sure the boss decided to go punishing Katie for her earlier bravado. Memories threaten to flood again. He pushed them back. Staying focused here was very important.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-09-2014, 10:26 PM

Jared was good at giving orders and the crew listened to him. Katie respected that much about him. Though he was a bad person, she didn't think it would difficult at all to fake being friendly with him. She nodded her head once when he spoke to her. "I drive like a pro. You won't be disappointed," she said with real pride in her voice. Whoever said a girl couldn't learn the ins and outs of everything car was wrong. Katie took great joy in proving that in the academy.

After the others left to go to the respective places they were going to hit, Katie took a second to just look at Jared. "...So, do you usually work alone?" she asked. The way the group split up seemed natural. She was the one that made the numbers even, unless there was another person not here today. She didn't think Jared would hold that back though. You didn't take vacations from the big scores when in a gang anyway. More interesting would be if until recently there was someone different in this crew who was no longer. She wondered if Jared would tell her something like that.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-09-2014, 11:35 PM

Jared looked at her uncertainly. He didn't want to explain to her too much. The feelings hit incredibly close to home. Turning, he started walking. As they neared the metro, he hesitantly answered, "I work alone. It is the way life dealt out the cards." Going down the steps, he stopped at the token machine and purchased two. Giving one to her, he clarified, "There used to be someone else. But she got killed. Violence begets violence. Blood for blood. If you ever kill anyone, you're out of my group. Simple." Quietly, coldly, he headed down the platforms and steps to the line that they were taking.

The cool air brushed his cheeks as they reached their line. The metro would be coming in soon. "We are going to take the metro on out of here. Won't need it back though." Realizing he wasn't being incredibly friendly, he sighed and tried to be a bit more pleasant to be around. He did save her life, however temporary, so he could do that much. "What happened to send you to the streets? Born there or circumstances?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-10-2014, 08:44 PM

Katie mentally memorized Jared's tale. In one part of her mind, her sympathy went out to him. But in another part of her mind, she thought about how she could learn more...use the information. "Sorry. I understand," she muttered as she followed him down the steps to the metro. She'd never get used to the smelly, breezy atmosphere down here. For once she wasn't thinking about that though; she was thinking about Jared.

"I don't really have anyone to look after me. Never did. I've still got my dad, but he's no one to rely on. Sometimes I pretend his house is mine," Katie said with a shrug. She should have been bothered by how easy it was to fall into the lie. Bitterness toward her father colored her voice for an entirely different reason. Kathleen and Katie's lives were so different, yet the emotions were all the same in the end. She understand how someone could end up on the streets. She didn't understand how they could so cruelly destroy a person's life like gangs so often did.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-19-2014, 04:13 PM

He glanced at her but remained quiet. Bitterness? Huh, that was interesting. Not surprising for anyone on the streets to have, but Jared hadn't seen any such signs of it before now. Maybe she wasn't quite the newbie he had supposed at first. Reaching their stop, he motioned her along and started walking out of the metro and onto the platform. Walking up the stairs and outside, he paused to take in downtown.

Bright lights filled clean streets as classy dressed people strolled along. The night sky gave it a more romantic aura for those who walked arm in arm. He surveyed the coffee shops and designer clothing stores. It was the perfect place for a person to spend money. And the perfect place to buy a guy. He started walking as if he belonged here and was here often. Leading the way past the more social center, they reached a car dealership.

Acting casual and not looking around openly, he discreetly checked the perimeter and cameras. It was all as it had been for awhile. Since he had started staking it out that is. Heading around back, he reached a side entrance and pulled out a lock pick set. Handing them to Katie, he said, "Try out your skills. I have the keys to a beautiful white car inside the display room." Keys he just happened to lift from the shipment of replacement keys that the dealership had ordered a good month ago.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-25-2014, 03:27 AM

The nice part of the city should have appealed to Katie, but she didn't like it much better than the underbelly. At least when dealing with bad guys, she knew what she was getting. The happy smiles and colored lights just covered up the fakeness. She already knew the area because of her prep, but she tried not to act it. She followed Jared as if she needed to keep him in sight lest she get lost.

By the time they reached the dealership, Katie already pushed away her personal memories and the bitterness hid beneath an awed smile. When Jared handed her the picks, she flipped her braid over she shoulder and knelt in front of the door. "Don't blink, you might miss it," she threw out with a cocky grin. She let the tools settled comfortably in her hand. She wanted to look like she knew what she was doing, but she didn't want to look like she had police training. In the end, she picked the door lock in just under a minute. She always was the overachiever princess. Wincing as she remembered the unwanted nickname she earned in the academy, katie pushed the door open. "There you go. Anything else you want me to prove?"

maidenroseheart

Old 06-02-2014, 09:57 PM

Chuckling under his breathe, he replied with amusement, "Not at the moment. Now stay sharp." Leading them through to the display room, he tossed her the car keys to a Lamborghini. Then he tossed her a pair of new leather gloves. "Touch nothing without those on in here. You get the car, turn it on, and turn it around. I'm going to open the font window for you." No sense in getting scratch marks on her.

He walked towards the front of the room and glanced out the big glass windows at the nightlife beyond. People so clueless about how life really worked. He hated them. Complacency should be a crime. So should purposefully enjoying your own life with no thought to how your actions hurt others. Well, those with money would just have to deal with losing a few possessions. They wouldn't starve over it.

Opening the keypad, he checked the number he had written on his wrist and then typed it in. The front glass door began to rise. It would stay open for about ten minutes and then close. More than enough time for them to be out and long gone. He walked outside into the cool night air and waited for his ride to drive out and pick him up. Soon they would get paid and have the money they needed to live decently for a week or so. Better than survival at anyrate.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-10-2014, 12:35 AM

Katie caught the keys and gloves, then slipped them on. Jared was really on top of his game. They wouldn't be tripping up this gang on stupid mistakes. But then, that's why she was here. She unlocked the Lamborghini and sat inside. Just for a second, she allowed herself the luxury of admiring the car. Something like this would always be beyond her means. She would love to hot wire one of these babies. It certainly wasn't something one learned in the academy, but then, now wasn't the time for it either.

She turned the ignition and drove toward the now open front window. Jared stood outside, waiting. For a second, a thrill went though her. She had this powerful beast in her hands and she could just gun it and be gone. No one would ever look for her, both of her lives gone in a flash. The grin wavered on her face. She slowed to a stop beside Jared and popped the door open. "Hop in. This baby purrs like a kitten!" she exclaimed, her usual cheeky grin back in place.

maidenroseheart

Old 06-10-2014, 12:43 AM

Laughing softly, he eyed her through the open door. "This baby suits you. I wish we could keep her. But it will be hot stuff here in a moment." His own gloves already on, he slowly slid his hand along the top of her. The white metal gleaming in the car lot lights. Then he broke the spell he was under and slid on inside. Heart racing, he closed the door and glanced at Katie, "My dear, she is all yours. Don't go over the speed limit by more than 5 miles an hour. Don't go under at all either. Have at it." The docks were back towards the less than pleasant side of town. Yet Jared was more than sure that they would beat the others there.

Glancing at the different accessories, he noted the radio. "You are the driver Katie. We have a rule. Driver picks the radio station. So go ahead and make this ride comfortable. You might not get a chance to drive a beauty like her again." He leaned back and fastened his seat belt. Lifting a car like this didn't happen often. Created too much heat. But still, a true pleasure. Not to mention the adrenaline rush.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 AM

There was no denying the adrenaline. Katie could feel it zinging all down her skin until her arm hair stood on end. She rolled the windows down halfway so when she turned out of the parking lot and onto the street, she could feel the warm air whooshing around them. Her hands fumbled with the radio, but a few seconds later, she had it playing a country station. "You may change the rules after me though. I'm sure people have been shot for being made to listen to this crap!" she exclaimed with a bubbling laugh, though she said 'crap' in the fondest way.

She hoped she had a chance to drive a car like this again but it really was made for her. Cars, inside and out always were a passion. Mostly she kept right on the speed, only pushing a smidge over it here and there. "We're taking this down to the docks right? I know the general direction, but you'll have to direct me when we get closer. Still don't know the streets here, ya."