p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-13-2014, 11:24 PM

OOC talk for the castle goes here! Since I decided to create a 'castle layout', I thought it best to create an OOC where you guys can ask questions, claim rooms and talk among yourselves. I did imagine the castle bigger, initially. But, I only have so much time on my hands, so I figured these would do! Besides, it's more of a castle style mansion, so it works!

The Rundown
Here is the first floor, ground level. Remember that CN is surrounded by forest, with a long (and actually winding) sort of driveway leading up to the front entrance. Every single room in the castle has vaulted ceilings, meaning they're really high. Each room is two stories tall, unless it says that it is two castle stories tall, in which case it's about four stories tall. Keep in mind, too, that Cade prefers to keep things DIMLY lit with curtains drawn. If a photo seems bright, imagine it much darker. Each room, even if the photo doesn't show it, will have places to sit and usually a fireplace as well. I will go into room detail below.

On the first floor, you'll find the main kitchen. On the end you can't see in the photo, you'll find a breakfast nook with a high table and stools around it. The large window is down there with a seat in front of it. Attached to the kitchen is a large pantry and storage room. Imagine it to have enough food to last someone months and include human food as well as pickled jars of things no human would ever want to see. In that room, there's a narrow staircase that leads to a wine cellar. There are also barrels of water, rice, beer, etc. down there. Near the kitchen at the end of the hall is also the laundry room. Had it not been for Rose, there wouldn't be one at all. The curtains are heavy red blackout curtains, and no light comes in. The servant's quarters are also at that end of the castle, and are very generic rooms. They have wood floors, Queen sized beds with small bedposts, one armoire and one small attached bathroom. Near them, is the door to Cade's tower (see quick links below for photos). The first floor of his tower is empty, the second floor is his study full of books and mementos from his lifetime, and the third floor is his personal room. He keeps it locked, and if one were to find their way in at a time he did not, they would assume that he and a female companion lived there, at one point, as there are female things strewn about yet untouched and growing dusty.

The library (see quick links below) is two castle stories tall, which means it's about four regular stories tall. One can enter from the first floor, between the stairs in the foyer or from the second floor foyer balcony where the stairs end. One could also enter from the flower garden, but all of the windows to the library (including the door) are covered in red blackout curtains. There is a fire place as well as various couches and chairs surrounding it and a low coffee table. Its ceiling is a dome with intricate paintings. The sanctuary (see quick links below) is very interesting. It is two castle stories tall and inside it's somewhat of a garden, as well as aviary with a koi pond. The entire room is made of glass and the ceiling is a glass dome, allowing daylight in at all times and offering a night sky view at night. There is a gazebo as well as various benches and even a zen garden area for meditation.

The lounge is the castle's living room. There are comfortable sitting areas as well as tables and a fire place. There is no television. The windows of this room are also covered in red blackout curtains, the chandelier and fireplace being the usual means of lighting, as well as candles. The grand ball room is completely unused. The floors have become dusty as has the piano at the end of the room. The curtains were drawn there many years ago and have remained that way. The tea room is much like the lounge, a sort of living room, if you will. It's smaller, and while Rose kept it was rarely used, what with the little to no guests ever being at the castle. The photo is far far too bright. The curtains have been drawn in this room as well, and the fireplace on the wall behind the chairs serves as its only light, along with the lamps and candles. There's a second kitchen in this area, it's smaller than the other kitchen, and not usually use to prepare big meals. There is also no seating in this kitchen as far as a table goes. There are a couple of bar stools at the island and a couple of other random chairs against the walls.

The art/music gallery hold's some of Cade's favorite collections of art and instruments (a piano, harp, violin, cello, saxophone, accordion, etc.) all open for anyone to view or play. At the end of the room you can't see is where the instruments are as well as a seating area and fireplace. The ceilings are not sky-lit and each piece of art has its own light. The theater and entertainment room used to be one of Cade's favorite places. They used to honor opera singers, plays, etc. there. But like the ball room, it hasn't been used in decades, and has grown dusty and glum. The pool and spa are both indoor and offer lounge chairs near the window side for sunning. The top of the room is a dome of glass, allowing sunlight in in the day, and starlight views at night. The room also attaches to the gym, which has various kickboxing, karate and regular work-out mats and equipment. There are communal showers attached to the gym. Beyond that is a tower to a third story observatory. Its ceiling opens up for stargazing and it has a very large and expensive telescope, too.

The second floor is strictly guest rooms only. The areas of the map that say sanctuary, pool, theater and library, say so because those rooms take up both levels of the castle. They are not accessible from the second floor, except the library. The sanctuary walls on the second floor are also glass, except for the wall it shares with guest room #2, so the sanctuary is enjoyable from the second floor as well, though it is not accessible. You are free to pick any room, and I'll put your character name beside it, as well as a photo of it, if you so choose to find one. The rooms need to look like castle rooms, if you do so. Each of the rooms have full bathrooms as well, and only have a balcony if it's stated on the layout. The hedge maze outside is very very large, and tall. Cade has had it enchanted, and one cannot cheat to get to the center or to get back out. It leads to a lovely sitting area in the middle with a statue and flowers. There is a flower garden in front of the library that has a round three tier fountain in the center as well as paths so one can stroll the flowers, a benches to sit among them. The greenhouse is like a small rain forest, some animals included. There is an area inside for dining. One could stroll the forest for hours discovering new things, walking the rope bridges and swimming at the base of its waterfall. And last but not least, there is in fact a dungeon, though it's hidden at the base of Cade's tower. It will remain unknown for now, if it's used or not.

Quick Links
First Floor
Second Floor

Main Kitchen
Dining Room
Laundry Room
Lounge
Half Baths 1st floor

Library Pic 1 & Pic 2
Indoor Sanctuary Pic 1 & Pic 2
Study
Tea Room

Kitchen by pool
Pool
Ballroom
Theater/Entertainment Room
Music & Art Room

Greenhouse Pic 1 & Pic 2
Hedge Maze

Top of Tower - Cade's Room
2nd level of tower - Cade's Study
Bedroom #2 - Katerina's Room
Bedroom #3 - Regan's Room
Bedroom #6 - Nate's Room
Bedroom #7 - EMPTY
Bedroom #9 - EMPTY
Bedroom #10 - EMPTY
Bedroom #11 - Bell's Room
Bedroom #13 - Gwen's Room
Stairs to Dungeon
Dungeon

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 11-05-2014 at 11:02 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-14-2014, 04:10 AM

Hidden Cupcake: Kry: Kiyoto: Chibipet: PapillonCameo: Korn:

So, I created an OOC so that I could give you guys a picture of the castle layout and tell you about it. I know it seems like loads of information up there - and it is, but it will help everyone have a lot more fun. It basically explains how Cade keeps his castle and each of the rooms so that we can all be on the same page.

I know it seems like soooo much to read, but at least it's helpful and fun stuff that will make it easier for everyone to play together as a group. If you guys have any questions, or if anything is messed up, just let me know! If you want to claim a room, let me know that, too!

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-14-2014, 06:21 AM

Well look at that! It's a big place and it's nice to know what it looks like now!

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-14-2014, 04:49 PM

Bajeebus o.o lol

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-14-2014, 05:18 PM

I know right! I never meant it to be so much information, but when I was done, well, clearly it ended up being a ton, lol. It's okay for everyone to skim it, or just look at it when they want to do something new with their character. *shrugs* I don't want to scare anyone away with my obsessive detail (I even scaled back).

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-14-2014, 08:46 PM

Well that'll help with figuring out the rooms, that's for sure!

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-14-2014, 09:27 PM

XD Lol, it is good either way.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-15-2014, 07:59 PM

Poppet, I was just wondering, are there windows on the second floor that let people look down into the sanctuary? That's how I read your description, but I just want to make sure.

Oh, and Regan's claiming the guest room #3 on the second floor.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 PM

K, then Shiki will currently be passed out in #9 XD
And Usagi will take #7

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-15-2014, 11:54 PM

Papillon, the walls that surround the aviary of the second floor are made of glass. Except the side that is attached to room #2. :)

I'll add your rooms now, and post now, too! Sorry I'm falling behind! Where are the others anyway? We're still missing like three players, have they seen this I wonder?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-15-2014, 11:55 PM

Oh good! So my post with Regan is fine then.

Hmm, for some reason my computer won't open your links anymore.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-15-2014, 11:58 PM

Oh, Kiyoto, I actually just realized both of your characters took both of the last two rooms with balconies. Would you mind making sure that Kry's character doesn't want one of those before claiming them both? I just assume he should probably have a say since Bell has been there longer than any of them, and if it's in Bell's nature to take one of them then we need to let him stick to that nature. It only makes sense. Do you mind? I can always add another balcony later when I have more time!

---------- Post added 09-15-2014 at 06:59 PM ----------

Try refreshing Papillon. I was just editing the post, that might be the problem.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-15-2014, 11:59 PM

Can I find pics for their rooms like you did for Kat's? XD would be fun to see if I can match their personalities to a castle bedroom.

Also it is hectic for me now that classes are picking up as well. This is the first time I have been home since three this morning and it is now almost five thirty here. Got physics to do so gonna be a bit awol off and on.

---------- Post added 09-15-2014 at 05:00 PM ----------

I prefer to keep #7, so if he wants to take #9 since it is in the back, I can shove Shiki someplace else.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-16-2014, 12:04 AM

Wow you were up early, Kiyo!

Poppet- I got them working now.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-16-2014, 12:32 AM

Let's see what Kry says, and if he wants a balcony then I'll add another one, if not then we're all good. I don't mind adding another one at all, I'd just rather not have the hassle if we don't need another one.

You're more than welcome to add a photo, I'd love if you did. Here were some I was going to upload initially, but didn't, because there was already so much added. You can find your own, or use one of these:

---------- Post added 09-15-2014 at 07:32 PM ----------

But they definitely need to be similar to those if not one of those. The castle theme, for sure.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 10-17-2014 at 02:55 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-16-2014, 07:06 AM

I see Bell in a room more like the last picture. Not fancy or overly furnished.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-16-2014, 11:33 AM

I see Regan in a room like the 9th picture.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-16-2014, 04:11 PM

Okay, do you guys want me to slap those photos on your rooms? Kry, which room do you claim? Do you want one of the balcony rooms? 7 or 9? I'm going to add another balcony room probably, I just haven't yet.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 09-16-2014, 05:07 PM

I decided to keep 7. I do not mind giving up nine if he wants one with a balcony, but I prefer it not to be 7.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 09-16-2014 at 05:10 PM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-16-2014, 05:17 PM

I just said that Bell would have room more like the one in the last picture, which is number 10 cause there's 10 pictures, unless I can't count. Which is, highly likely. >.< x.x >.>

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-16-2014, 05:24 PM

I know which picture you said, but if it's 'like' that room, then it's not that room, and if you wanted a balcony then you could still imagine one on the wall you can't see. So, I'll add that picture to Bell's room, but I still need to know which number he chooses, the room number.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 09-16-2014, 05:36 PM

-snuggles Poppet- Yea but if it's like that particular picture then it wouldn't be like the others with balconies and such and I dunno. >.> Lemme alone. -hides under bed-

I don't really care about where his room is in the hallway. Just put it wherever you want. at the end, in the middle, on the front I don't really care. just. wherever.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 09-16-2014, 06:11 PM

Okie dokie! I'll get to all my replies and stuff soon. Hopefully in the next few minutes, but maybe not until this afternoon/evening. Ry has her first karate class this afternoon, and I still need to do my yoga for the day. I've been putting it off, not really in the mood today. I should throw something in the crockpot, too, so I don't have to worry about dinner when we get home around 5:30 and still have bath time and all that. I need to give my dog a baatthh. I'm just procrastinating everything. XD

*runs off to paint her nails instead of doing anything that really needs to get done*

Chibipet
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-24-2014, 08:34 PM

Thanks a ton p o p p e t ♥ - huggles -
Oh and Isabella would like a room too, if that's okay ^^

Hidden Cupcake
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2014, 09:46 PM

I'm thinking about making the room Nate trashed room #6. I hope nobody minds. >.>