Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 07-21-2010, 12:14 PM

Welcome to my thread!

In this first post you'll find information about me, my views on role-playing, my expectations and the form you should use to indicate your interest in role-playing with me.

In the second post below you'll find information about the genres I typically play in, the fandoms I am interested in, any ideas I may have and examples of my writing.

It's not a short read but it's worthwhile.

-----

I go by S.L. here on Menewsha but I'm also often called Scribbled or Lore. Any of these three options are fine by me. I'm between the ages of 18 and 25 and I've been role-playing since I was 11 or thereabouts. I started out role-playing in the MSN chatrooms and moved to IMs with good friends after they were closed down. From there I discovered forum role-playing and got involved with several smaller forums until I found Go-Gaia. Go-Gaia turned into Final Fantasy XI and then World of Warcraft and then I stumbled into a group of people playing D&D. I've played RPGs on consoles and I've dabbled in LARP. I have a wide range of experience with role-playing in its myriad of forms.

Role-playing on a forum is an act of creative storytelling; you're setting the scene, guiding the plot and managing the secondary characters all while keeping in mind the thoughts, deeds and motivations of your main character. A good role-play is a good story and one that others will enjoy reading.

I do have certain expectations; I'll list them for simplicity's sake:
  • I do not like to jump into a game without discussing the plot beforehand. In fact, I like to have a rough outline of where we want the story to go before we ever start playing.
  • I like mostly proper grammar and spelling. It's not difficult to find a spellchecker online if your computer's OS, word document, or browser does not have one. However, I realize that mistakes sometimes happen and I won't harp on about it unless it's really bad.
  • I'd like a reply from you once a week. Anymore than that is a bonus.
  • I do not role-play over PMs - any and all role-plays must take place here on Menewsha in a thread.

Another list for simplicity's sake; this is what I can offer you:
  • I can play male or female characters as well as characters of other genders. (Agendered, bigendered, etc.)
  • I am willing to play a character of any sexuality but I have very little experience with yaoi.
  • I can guarantee you at least one post a week but am likely to post much more often than that.

You may use the following form, posted here in the thread, to concisely indicate your interest in role-playing with me:

Quote:
My name is..:
I am interested in the following genre or fandom:
This is my idea for the story:

Last edited by Scribbled Lore; 09-06-2011 at 02:43 AM..

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 07-22-2010, 10:49 PM

I am most familiar with the following genres:
  • Modern
  • Fantasy
  • Medieval
  • Horror

And I'm willing to play in the following fandoms:
  • Dragonriders of Pern
  • World of Darkness
  • X-Men

*Note: I prefer to use OCs in the established universes.

Some possible ideas for settings:
  • Military academy. (Medieval fantasy)
  • Space station. (Futuristic scifi)
  • Inn (Modern fantasy)

Some possible ideas for plots:
  • A pair of friends find an abandoned inn in the woods that just happens to be haunted. (Modern fantasy. Het.)
  • A Kindred from the Camarilla finds and rescues a mortal from the beatings of a group of shovelheads but it only gets more interesting from there. (World of Darkness; Vampire: the Masquerade. Yuri.)
  • When her bookstore is burnt down and a regular customer offers her a place to stay while dealing with the insurance company, Lily thinks her luck might have turned around. Unbeknownst to her, the regular customer is really out for a special, magical, book that she owns and is plotting to take over the world. (Modern fantasy. Yuri.)

Example post (short):

Quote:
The card was old and worn. Clearly it had been through the wash more than once. The top right corner was dog-eared and the corner below that had been ripped off entirely. She flipped it over to see a drawing of a heart and stick figures there on the back. Maybe she should get it laminated? Maybe she could preserve the memories that it held that way.

It didn't matter either way - it was a trio she was no longer apart of. With a sigh, she slipped the card back into her wallet and her wallet into her back pocket. It was time to move on.
Example post (long):

Quote:
In grim silence she took the slips of paper from the captain and nodded curtly, quietly deactivating a trap spell on her jewelry box and slipping the papers into the box. As the lid closed on the box, the spell was reactivated and she looked up at Gustav, meeting his gaze calmly. "I will to see to the matter and have any relevant information handed over to you." It was not quite clear in her tone and inflection of voice that she was not happy about the situation. The next few words to slip past her lips were dripping in irony. "The gods grant us that we find the problem quickly and without troublesome noise." And with that, he offered a smile that was a smile in name only and made his way out.

Since when did the gods bless Grymarr these days? Neither knew their thoughts were in agreement
Once Gustav had made his exit, Amrit went back to her work and ignored the dull ache in the back of her head, the plea her body made for sleep. The candles had burned themselves low before Amrit finished with her work - two letters and a casting - but she was not finished for the night. The sorceress stood and stretched out her cramped muscle then opened the jewelry box without setting off the trap spell to fetch the slips of paper from earlier. Still standing, she dropped into a state of trance and begun a fairly simply summoning spell, calling from the other planes a pack of fiendish hounds. Sleek and darker then the night with eyes that glowed and fangs that dripped blood, they circled around her legs, weaving about themselves and her. Amrit fed into them her every memory of the two deserters and the "scent" of their beings, the way that magic and it's energies would feel, smell, look and taste to the hounds.

In the flames of a candle she burned the slips of paper and released the hounds who leapt through the wall of the building, passing through the solid matter, and into the night. When the two men were found, there would be blood in the snow but no trace of wounds. A ghastly howl could be heard in the distance and somewhere in the village a drunken man stumbling towards home cursed and prayed to the gods in the same breath.

Last edited by Scribbled Lore; 09-07-2011 at 02:43 PM..

xXemovampiXx
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to xXemovampiXx Send a message via MSN to xXemovampiXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXemovampiXx

Old 07-23-2010, 02:47 AM

~Would love to help.
~Please let me know how I can
~With anything. I don't care if it's just keeping logs of profiles.
~I'm willing to do anything to help you, because you've helped me out so much ^^

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-23-2010, 04:41 AM

Aw, thank you. :)

We should come up with a nickname for you. How do you feel about E.V.? Hah, and it sounds like "Eevee" when I say it aloud. Awesome.

I know that I want the over arcing story to be about the wizard who is luring people to their dooms but I also have the mini arc about Eleanor and George's rivalry set up. Do you have any ideas for other mini arcs that could give the players a chance to explore their characters and the settings? Something like a knight losing his lance before a joust and the players being requested to help find it or the culprit who stole it.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-31-2010, 07:43 PM

Aw, I was hoping someone else would be interested in this idea for a game. :(

Fiona_Watergate
Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse...

Old 07-31-2010, 10:28 PM

Can I help?

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2010, 12:54 AM

What did you have in mind?

Fiona_Watergate

Old 08-01-2010, 01:35 AM

have you thought about making it like a different reality, Maybe the wizard is acutely a scientist sending people to a different reality. The people just think he's sending them to there doom, because they never come back. Maybe he had taped into something that has never been found before.

lol Just a thought.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2010, 03:21 AM

I hadn't considered that possibility - I was thinking along the lines of the wizard using 'evil' magic.

Kmcmc
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 AM

Hello, I'm interested. Seeing as everyone is throwing their two-cents worth into the pot, I might as well. I'm not sure if you'll be fond if this idea but here it goes. What if the scientist is luring the tourists in order to feed them to something (someone?) he cares for. The only way that thing is able to survive is by feasting on raw, human flesh.

Or maybe (winces at grammar) he has a perverse infatuation with his concubine (or maybe some other woman/thing/whatever) and to keep her young she must feast on young blood.

MAYBE even the wizard and the vampire could have a pact? I'm sorry, I'm spewing some ridiculous ideas at this point.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2010, 04:32 AM

What if, Kmcmc, the wizard has a monstrous love that can only be kept alive in this world by blood magic and the wizard is luring tourists to his tower to sacrifice them to this love? But I'm not sure what creature from European folklore would fit this bill - I'll have to do some research into the matter.

I do like your ideas, though.

Kmcmc
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-01-2010, 04:36 AM

I'm Russian so if you are interested in the Slav folklore I have firsthand (not literally) experience with it. I agree with you, but where do the witch and the vampire come in? Did you mention a stable-man as well? Is he merely human?

Last edited by Kmcmc; 08-01-2010 at 04:46 AM..

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2010, 04:54 AM

There are two major plot arcs going on; the rivalry between the two innkeepers and the wizard luring the tourists to their doom. At some point in the story I'd like for the arcs to overlap. I imagine that the players would be in control of some of the customers of each inn and the role play would become a mystery that has to be solved by the players. The vampire is just a NPC.

Any recommendations for websites or books in English about Slav folklore?

Kmcmc
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-01-2010, 05:10 AM

That is a very diverse subject. I'll ask my mom the next time I visit her if she has any good resources. What are you looking for in particular? I could tell you about witches and wizards right now, but I'm not so sure about vampires. As far as I know they were considered to be savage beasts. There's nothing romantic about them.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2010, 05:17 AM

Oh, definitely! There really isn't anything romantic at all about a proper vampire and I'm not interested in a romantic vampire NPC. I was actually thinking more of Bram Stoker's Dracula but less pretty and not at all like Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles or White Wolf's Vampire: The Masquerade. Vampires are cruel and monstrous and use others to their advantage, without a doubt.

I would love to hear about witches and wizards if you have the time.

For what it is worth I've narrowed the choices for PCs down to mortals, witches, wizards, werewolves and vampires selectively and with great thought, and I'm considering half-elf and elf but I'm not sure how I feel about them yet.

Fiona_Watergate

Old 08-01-2010, 01:31 PM

What about this. (lol I had this dream this morning.) What if there's one big bad wizard , and he's hunting down all the other witches and wizards in the mortal world. They keep moving around thinking there safe and then he finds them, after about a year when there settled into there new homes.

The Vampires could be him abomination that he created when he was trying to find a way to fly and find everlasting life. They call him master and do his biding. I think the uglier they are the better its going to be. (I'm so sick of good Vampiers)

Kmcmc
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Interesting. So this is going to be like a mystery?

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Why, yes, I'd definitely be willing to say it could be a mystery. (I had no idea I had an interest in writing a mystery sitting around in my head. :XD)

Fiona_Watergate

Old 08-01-2010, 08:10 PM

Lol. Hey I need your guys opinion what do you guys think about my avi

Kmcmc
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-01-2010, 08:15 PM

I think it's very original. I've never seen anything quite like it.
@Scribbled Lore will you be requiring application forms for this story? Will there be a formal thread set up for this?

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2010, 10:15 PM

I would like to have a formal thread - an IC thread and OOC thread - and I would like to have character applications. I don't want to have a very large group - perhaps three to five people aside from you and I. If you're interested in co-GMing this then all character applications would have to have your approval as well as mine.

Would you be open to discussing this in an IM or over PM? What I'm really looking for is someone to help chart out the plot; I'm a writer that really needs a good sounding board to do my best brainstorming.

--
I like your outfit, sdgfam08. It's really original and interesting. :) It would be great to see art of your avi.

Kmcmc
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-01-2010, 10:33 PM

I completely agree with you. I'm glad that you want to make me a part of this experiment and excited as well. To contact me add my informal hotmail which is [email protected]

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-02-2010, 02:07 AM

I connect to MSN messenger through lunar.daughter, fyi. :)

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-06-2010, 11:51 PM

Oh, look! I've made changes to the first post.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-07-2010, 11:26 AM

I suppose there's always a chance that kids don't play V:tM anymore these days. It's all V:tR nonsense. :stare: