Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 08-17-2010, 03:35 AM

Hey, all :)

My hope is to start a good Medieval rp!

I'm talking medieval England, but your character can be from where ever(France, Italy, Spain, etc). I was hoping for it to be around the time when jousting and noble knights were at their peek, too!

The jousting(since I'm a huge fan of such an old sport), will be described as accurately as possible on my part. I don't mind much if you're not knowledgeable in it. S'no big deal :)

My rp rules are fairly simple and easy to get along with :) They are as follows:

1.) You. Are not. A God.
2.) Please make your post beefy(like 2-4 lines), but not novel length.
3.) Please use proper grammar/spelling.
4.) No more than 2-3 characters per person. Lessens confusion
5.)Some sort of identification(i.e.brackets, parenthesis, etc) between in and out of character speech. And please keep OOC stuff to a minimum. If it's urgent or a problem can't be solved in one or two posts, please feel free to PM me.
6.) You control YOUR CHARACTER. You cannot make decisions about a character that doesn't belong to you without the owner's consent. I've had problems with this a really long time ago, I'm talking several years, but it irks me.
7.) Have lots of happy fun times :3 This is fun, let it be so <3

I have a week limit. Meaning, if you ask to join in, and you don't post your opening for a week, I'll inquire in a PM. If you don't respond, then we assume you don't want to/can't play :( At that time, you'll need to reapply.

If you post in the game, then disappear without warning for a week, I'll poke you with a dull stick via PM and if you don't respond, we reserve the right to pull characters from any situations they were in with yours to progress the game and later on, when and if you return, you'll have to play catch up. If you don't respond in two weeks, we'll be forced to boot you and you'll have to ask for permission to re-enter the game.

Also, Kry is my immediate 'go-to' person for anything. We deliberate back and forth on issues, applications, such and things, tea cakes, various musicians, and the occasional cheeses, so when I say 'we', I do mean, 'Kry and I'. So if you have an issue, I don't see a problem with you taking it to Kry if I'm not available.

And please keep in mind, that this is an rp set in medieval times, so modern slang and phrases shouldn't be used in character. Even conjunctions. Keep those to a minimum, though I totally understand that it is really difficult. Granted, we don't have to get into Shakespeare type languages(cause honestly, it gets a little annoying after a while), but keep that in mind. Nothing bothers me more than when a knight says 'What's up? Oh, really? That sucks'. ..So..yes. >_>; I hate to sound picky. I really do.

And just because, I'm going to let it be a little bit more 'free range' by letting magic components in. That includes races like elves, fairies, even vampires. ..Regular vampires. So help me if your dude sparkles like a disco ball.

And if you want to play a human that can use magic, let me know ahead of time and I'll give you a thumbs up or thumbs down based on the information you give me :)

And just as an afterthought, post your profile here, then I'll give it the okay or not for the rp. I just ask that you wait for me to give the green light before you go post on the thread :) Thanks!

Well, I think that's everything. :D I'm excited lol

Last edited by Squidie64; 09-29-2013 at 02:32 AM..

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 08-17-2010, 05:09 AM

What's the plot? I'm guessing jousting will be a big part of the roleplay, so will the plot be a buld up to a tournament, or something like that? :D

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-17-2010, 05:25 AM

Yeah, the jousting is a big part lol :) But at the moment, I don't have a plot in mind. I'm sure it'll come into play as things develop lol

Louis duLac
Purveyor of Yaoi

Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 AM

Cool. :D I'll join in. I'd probably a knight.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-17-2010, 07:49 AM

Would you perhaps accept a bard-type character? Travelling minstrel who can use music for a few small magical effects, mostly healing and the ability to evoke emotions (that is, to make someone sad by playing a lament, or to create a more joyful, jolly mood in a room through a jig or roundel).

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 08-17-2010, 08:31 AM

I have a female countess I can rp with if your interested. Shes perfect for this rp.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-17-2010, 05:18 PM

@Louis - A knight is perfect! I have two characters that I'll be playing and one is a knight, so :D

@Heiyuu - That actually sounds great! :) Your character would fit in perfectly!

@Talitha - I agree! A countess would be great :D

Here's the profile skeleton:

Name:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:

Personality Traits:

Notes/Tidbits:

I'll get my characters up in a few minutes :)

----------

Here are my two characters :)

Name: Naerwen (Nyre- wehn)
Race: Elf
Hair Color: White Blonde
Eye Color: Amber

Personality Traits: She's very quiet and quick to scamper off and hide. Once passed the shy exterior, however, she's quite friendly and loves to laugh. She has an insatiable sweet tooth and greatly enjoys music and dance.

Notes/Tidbits: Naerwen is a part of a harem owned by Roderick of Kent.

And the second is:

Name: Roderick
Race: Human
Hair color: Black
Eye Color: Coal Black

Personality Traits: Roderick is brash and mean. Despite being a knight and seated in a position of honor, he's very cowardly and heavily avoids real combat.

Notes/Tidbits: Roderick is a knight and so spoiled, it's not funny. He collects women of other races and proudly displays them in a harem he takes everywhere(Like a creeper D: lol)

Last edited by Squidie64; 08-17-2010 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Me being dumb

Talitha001
Send a message via AIM to Talitha001 Send a message via MSN to Talitha001 Send a message via Yahoo to Talitha001

Old 08-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Name:Yazelina Saint Mere'
Race: human
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green

Personality Traits: She is quiet and sweet. She loves animals and helping other people. Shes very kind to everyone no matter there station and is in no way spoiled or scared of hard work.

Notes/Tidbits: Her parents wish her to be married off to some knight but Yazelina has no desire to do so. She disobeys her parents in every way possible.

Name: Range Alia
Race: Fire Elemental
Hair Color: red
Eye Color: red

Personality Traits: Shes dominating and controling. She keeps whoever she is guarding safe no matter what.

Notes/Tidbits: Shes Yazelinas personal bodyguard. Her job is to make sure that everyone stays away from her and shedoes not come to any harm.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM

I like your characters :) They'll definitely fit in well. Can't wait to start!! :D

Talitha001

Old 08-17-2010, 07:34 PM

me to ive tried making midevil rps and they never go far.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-17-2010, 07:48 PM

I'll make a thread and link it back here after I get home from work tonight so we can at least get it started. A few starting posts typically get the ball rolling a bit faster :D

I'll only be gone till about 9:30 eastern time. :)

Talitha001

Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 PM

kk

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-18-2010, 03:47 AM

Here's the link to the thread!!! :)

A Tale of Honor and Chivalry; A Medieval Role Play

Talitha001

Old 08-18-2010, 03:51 AM

whoot!!!

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-18-2010, 04:21 AM

whoot? uhm. don't you mean 'woot'? anyway..

Name: Tes'shiran (Tess) Delacroix
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Bright Blue

Personality Traits: Kindhearted, soft spoken. Can occasionally lose his temper a bit. .......and I'm still working on this. so i'll put some more later. >.>;

Notes/Tidbits: Squire to Sir Roderick, because Tess' parents pretty much paid Roderick to take him as a squire on the promises of knighthood. His parents adore Roderick to no end....Tess doesn't really want to be a squire or a knight, but he doesn't want to disappoint his family either. Has a strong dislike for Roderick and that dislike only seems to grow day by day. ...and maybe I'll put something else here later.

~~~~~~

Name: Sabine De'Winter; Duchess of Sussex

Race: Half-elf

Hair Color: White as snow and long, comes down nearly to her knees.

Eye color: Azure

Personality Traits: Devious, kind, mischievous, curious, manipulative, playful.

Appearance: Snow white hair that reaches down to her knees, she often wears it down instead of in some up-do. Occasionally she will wear it in an up-do with blue ribbons braided into her hair. Her skin is very pale almost as white as alabaster. Her lips are often colored with pale blue. She always wears a gown that is white, ice blue and pale blue mix of colors. A silver circlet around her forehead with a teardrop shaped ice blue diamond dangling slightly from it and a chocker around her neck that is mostly an azure colored satin ribbon with an oval ice blue colored stone at it's center. She always wears flat slipper like shoes, always white in color.

(I'll upload her picture whenever I actually get it scanned.)

Last edited by Kry; 09-02-2010 at 06:30 AM..

Talitha001

Old 08-18-2010, 04:22 AM

hmmmmm can we start sqidie? or are we waiting?

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-18-2010, 05:09 AM

Oh! I'm starting right now!! Sorry, I had to move a truck battery at midnight for my snarky, P. I. T. A. sister -_-

Talitha001

Old 08-18-2010, 05:13 AM

yay I cant wait ^.^

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-18-2010, 05:27 AM

Name: Maggie Fairchild (actually Magdalena Acanthoi)
Race: Human, gifted
Hair Color: Auburn brown
Eye Color: Green

Personality Traits: An exploratory soul, she's flighty, with a fear of being tied to places or people. She cares for those she considers friends, but will not be too closely bound.

Notes/Tidbits:

Actually the daughter of Duchess Acanthoi of Arcady, she left home when her magic started to awaken. After all, good duchesses didn't play music (she wasn't a good duchess)

With her music (usually played on lute, though she's trained in fiddle and flute as well), she can heal and influence emotions in people. She's also heard rumors of people working weather-magic with music, but hasn't unlocked the secrets herself.

Image: Here

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-18-2010, 06:01 AM

Oh, yay! Another character!!! I like her already!!!

I posted, everyone!! So it begins!

Talitha001

Old 08-18-2010, 06:03 AM

*fangirl Squee* *goes to post*

Unlmtd_Cassimir
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-18-2010, 08:59 AM

Hope I'm not too late, I just heard about this and got a character made.

Name: Cassimir Celerity
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Personality Traits: Many soldiers see war almost poetic. They fight justly for a just cause. They regard royalty regardless of side with civility, and above all they are loyal. That is not Cassimir.

Mercenary would be too strong of a word because it implies that money is a binding contract. Royalty (or blue-bloods as he would call them) are a bunch of prissy, entitled cowards who are as delusional as they are ineffective. Cassimir works for them as long as the money is good, but will not be swayed by pretty words or vague notions of patriotism. He doesn't trust people, the only thing he trusts is a sturdy crossbow and a good mace.

He is dry, to the point, and somewhat belligerent in conversation. When talking to royalty he is courteous, even if it is superficial. If he can get away with it he is condescending.

He managed to snag the written word of a duke which he heard was good enough to get him into a tournament. He wasn't happy to sign it, but it was cheaper than paying in cash. If he wins it's more than double what he was going to earn. Even if he loses he will get some recognition for merely being there.

Cassimir about one year ago. Picture

Notes/Tidbits: Has no squire. Brought his own equipment.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 AM

Hello and welcome.
I'm pretty sure your not too late. As there isn't a deadline.

Squidie's already gone to bed though in case you were waiting for her to yay or nay your profile, and I'm about to go myself. And she didn't give me permission to approve anyone...but I'm gonna go ahead and say:

Your profile looks good.

Talitha001

Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 AM

^.^ dont think shes doing approvals anyways. She seems easygoing.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-18-2010, 09:23 AM

She is very easygoing. I was just trying to make Cassimir nervous. -snickers- I don't think it worked though. Anyway. I'm heading to bed now. I meant to go thirty minutes ago. Oh well. -waves-