View Single Post
Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 07-14-2014, 04:00 AM

r u l e s
  • All entries must have a word count of 150 words or LESS. Every entry that fulfills the prompt is worth 1 point.
  • Every entry must contain a NPC couple.
  • Every entry must also contain the day's prompt.
  • Do not plagiarize
  • All entries must make sense in that a reader can follow and understand a storyline.
  • Use the form provided to submit entries or they will not be recognized

f a q s

Q: What does Coffee Shop AU mean?
A: AU = Alternate Universe. This is where a different setting is the norm (canon). A Hogwarts AU for example would be all the NPCs are witches and wizards in the world of Harry Potter. Mr. Mayor would be Head Boy in Hufflepuff, Tesel in Gryffindor, Nalin is Herbology wiz, Jeryck teaches History of Magic, etc, etc. A Pirate AU for example would have the NPCs as pirates sailing the high seas.

Q: Who/What is an NPC?
A: NPC = Non-Playable Character. You can read about Mene's NPCs here.

Q: I don't understand this thing about a prompt? What am I suppose to do with it?

A: For your 150word entry, you must write something relating to the given prompt. It can be mentioned, shown, or general mood.

For Example
Prompt: Halloween.
Acceptable Entries
- Talking about favorite holidays.
- Wearing a Halloween Costume.
- Going Trick or Treating.
- Carving a pumpkin.
- Saying the NPC is wearing an "I Love Halloween" shirt

When in doubt, mention the prompt within your entry. A keyword will make the connection definite. If you had written an entry about eating candy, you would have failed the Halloween Prompt because eating candy is not specific to Halloween alone. However, saying the NPC is eating last week's Halloween candy is an acceptable entry.

Last edited by Seito; 08-01-2014 at 02:50 AM..