Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 04:23 PM

Yeah, but Garland does sort of remind me of festive colors, like red and green and whatnot, so I was sort of guessing the themes by the names of the stops...:lol: But then again Reinsend didn't really have anything to do with parades, so...:sweat:

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 12-28-2011, 04:32 PM

It had plenty to do with reindeer though. :drool:

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 05:04 PM

True, but our theme wasn't about reindeer specifically. :lol:

Speaking of, I'd love to try some reindeer meat someday. :drool:

Harley Q
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-28-2011, 05:19 PM

Reinsend Entry Form
Username: Harley Q
3 Paragraph Description of Your Parade Performance: "A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle." - James Keller

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle and with this candle I will spread the gift of fire. A flame's incandescence surrounds and protects all God's children. When you are weak, the warmth of fire will remain with you to contain you. With this candle, I gift you with my love. Let it wash over you and baptize you in my affection. I will always care for you, my fellow brethren, and will keep your candle lighted.

Be not afraid of the darkness, for you can conquer it with the light within you. We all contain a light and never be fearful of showing or sharing it. If you trust others to receive you well, they will in return treat you with love and caring. Be guided by the light, whether you lead or you follow. Have faith in that which you follow, have faith in me; but most importantly, have faith in yourself. And light other's candles, as I have for you.

Now I must leave, but please remember me. We may never meet again, and hopefully not for some time, but I will always be watching you and your kind from above. Be well.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 12-28-2011, 05:24 PM

@Ted-san: Well Garland wasn't exactly dressing up to look like a garland either. :lol: (Or was it? :ninja: )

I'd probably be willing to try that. P:

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 12-28-2011, 05:28 PM

Reindeer meat...Interesting...I wonder if I'd feel like I was eating Rudolph! I like buffalo! Tasty!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 05:35 PM

@Iku: I'm not quite sure what Garland means...it just reminded me of garments and the colors of red and green mostly. :XD

@Daria: What does buffalo taste like? :drool:

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 12-28-2011, 05:35 PM

Oh gosh, I think I probably would. XDD Each bite, name a reindeer.

I've had bison too. I agree, tasty stuff. :drool:

And some other random stuff, like Elk jerky, I think it was. P:

----------

@Ted-san:
Quote:
A garland is a decorative wreath or cord, used at festive occasions, which can be hung round a person's neck, or on inanimate objects like Christmas trees. Originally garlands were made of flowers or leaves.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 05:37 PM

Hm, glad to know I wasn't too far off...:lol:;;

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-28-2011, 05:43 PM

Buffalo is good, it's got the same look as beef but it's leaner. I likes it :)!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 05:44 PM

:drool: Definitely want to try it someday. And kangaroo, bear, elk, etc...*mouth waters at the thought of all the different types of meat*

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-28-2011, 05:45 PM

I've had rattle snake (tastes like bland chicken), alligator(chewy and spicy) and frog legs (I was kinda weirded out by that one)...I like trying new foods!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 05:47 PM

I'll never eat a snake, even though I'm curious to what they taste like...I love snakes too much. :ninja: I've only had one bite of alligator before, because I was so stuffed at the time I couldn't eat any more. I regret that now, the one bite I had tasted sort of like fish to me, while my dad said it tasted sort of like chicken. :sweat:
Frog legs...tasted like badly cooked chicken. Very dry and not tasty at all. Though that's probably a problem with the cook and not with the meat itself...

I like trying new foods too! As long as they're not too spicy or sour, or are made out of insects or arachnids. :yes:

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-28-2011, 05:55 PM

Is two avatars, 1 entry ok for this round? I'm kinda doing ballroom dancers, and I have her done, but she seems a little lonely without a partner. Haha. If not, then I'll just submit her. I'm just curious.

Arechi
Yeah, how does it feel to get a ...

Old 12-28-2011, 06:08 PM

Good afternoon all. :D

I've had buffalo meat before, especially for burgers. Nothing beats a buffalo burger unless it's purely raw. @.@ My mom had that happen to her once. This might sound cannibalistic but I've kind of always wanted to try human. Not that I would make a meal of it, but just to see what all the hypes about. I also want to try alligator at some point in time. I heard it literally tastes like chicken.

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-28-2011, 06:14 PM

Harley Q: I am afraid I can not accept your entry. Your avatar meets the criteria, but your "act" is not really an act. Remember, the Reinsend parade and bonfire is for fun and entertainment. Unfortunately, you do not describe doing anything in your "act" other than talking. Feel free to resubmit:)

@Neller, I'm going to say no on this but give you kudos for creativity! What you can do, is pick one to "submit" and just "display" another. But I want you to pick the one:) and please let me know which is the one you are submitting by putting it in the format. You can put the second below your description.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-28-2011, 06:36 PM

Thanks, Daria!
I wasn't sure. I'll submit my entry in a little. :)

TheLupusFaerie
*^_^*

Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 PM

neller always has great stuff! *steals all her clothings*

Arechi

Old 12-28-2011, 06:52 PM

Lol you have a cute costume too though Lupus. *Contemplates stealing...* :XD

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 07:32 PM

I was going to read over the other entries, but seeing as I'll have to be heading out soon, I'll just submit, and hope no one else has the same performance.
> w <
This performer is a character.

Reinsend Entry Form
Username: Popcorn Gun
3 Paragraph Description of Your Parade Performance:

This performer comes from a long line of fire manipulating magicians. Over the years, her family has taken to the trade of using fire to create fantastical illusions. Creating glitter out of flames, she's a younger member of the family but has really come into her own as a magician, and a performer.

As the members of her family come of age, it has been their task to create their own signature move/performance piece. As a child, she was a really passionate story teller. Whenever a story needed telling, she was usually the one to to that. She knew how to captivate an audience, to really have them on the edges of their seats. As she grew older, that passion never died, and she managed to translate it into her act.

Which brings us to the here and now, and why she's like to be the final performance. Her signature move involves telling the story of a troublesome dragon in a kingdom by the woods. The fearsome dragon moved in, and had done a number on the forest's deer population, which also was the main protein source of the people of the kingdom. With her hands, she'd create a dragon of flames to circle over the heads of the crowd. Just close enough for them to feel the heat, without getting burned. The final straw in the story though, is when the dragon comes from the wood, and attacks the princess. This is when the king enlists the help of a knight. Her role was not only narrator, but as the valiant knight come to slay the dragon. This involved her "holding" on to the dragon with tendril of fire. Just as the dragon moves in to eat the princess, the prince comes, and slices the dragon with a sword of blue flames. As this is done, the flames that made of the dragon burst into confetti, which rains down on the crowd.

Last edited by Popcorn Gun; 12-28-2011 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Image wasn't working properly

Arechi

Old 12-28-2011, 07:33 PM

I don't think it's showing up. :sweat:

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Already on it.
Refresh.

Arechi

Old 12-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Lol yep it's showing up now. ^.^

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 12-28-2011, 07:36 PM

Do we have to wear the avatar once we've created it?

/wants to tweak it, but not for the contest

Arechi

Old 12-28-2011, 07:39 PM

I don't think we do once it's been submitted in the thread. ^.^