Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2010, 04:43 AM

Last edited by Roachi; 04-30-2016 at 09:36 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2010, 04:44 AM

• Welcome to Cosplay Addicts Anonymous v2

• aka; Costume play addiction. For folks who love to get out of their own skin, but lack the super powers to do so! So they resort to the next best thing! Getting out of their clothes, and into the clothes/persona of someone else! Caution: If you love to dress up as a tissue box and run around saving people from their own lung fuel - you might just be a weirdo…
        Addict - Being consumed and obsessed with something that kicks your ass, rocks your world, and pawns all else! It makes you giddy in the fun time zone, and it is likely you'd be found proclaiming your love for your addiction from the top of the Internets most l33t mountain!

• First and foremost, i am your host Roachi. And i am a cool cucumber :P

• I'd like to take a moment to notify everyone that this is not a Cosplay Archive, this is a Cosplay Contest thread. The only avi's that get archived here are contestants. But that doesn't mean we don't like seein em! Thank you!

• Please make sure that you read through the rules and guidelines, before entering any contests. Above all have fun, and please stay and chat and keep the thread alive! :)

Last edited by Roachi; 04-25-2015 at 06:28 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2010, 04:45 AM

25th October 2015

Voting Till: 30th October 2015 NZDST
You're allowed to pick 2 avi's to vote for.
Please PM these to Roachi

Last edited by Roachi; 10-25-2015 at 04:09 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 AM

• Please Read Before Joining our Contests!

• Continuous cosplay;
      • 1. You may only enter one avatar of your choice.
        2. These avatar's must be saved to a image host of your choice. Tinypic is preferred.
        3. Please fill in the entry form and post & ping it in this thread. Do not PM it.
        4. Please use your main account when doing this, not your mule. Remember to PING!

5. Once your entry is on the front page, your entry cannot be changed.

6. You must keep to the current cosplay theme. If i feel that your avatar does not meet the current theme, i will not accept your entry.
        7. Winners will be judged on votes & Roachi's thoughts. Just depends, you will be notified on which.
        8. You may use as many items as you wish, there is no limit. Unless strictly specified in the themes details.
        9. Roachi will announce, when it's time to vote & How many people you can vote for.
        10. The slots are unlimited. We will take as many entry's as we can get.
        11. Please try to use your own items. I'd prefer you not to use MAC for this contest. However i will still allow it.
        12. If you have any questions please ask them in the thread. Pinging me would be better, especially if it's Important.
        13. I reserve the right to edit/change these rules as i see fit. Or most likely because i've forgotten something.
        14. Please Obey all Mene Rules etc. I don't have to tell you, you know :P

Last edited by Roachi; 04-25-2015 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: adding quote tags

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2010, 04:47 AM

Round 3
- Studio Ghibli (Another double whammy!)
Theme:
Two Contests at Once - Again! :P

Voting till: 30th October 2015 NZDST
You're allowed to pick 2 avi's to vote for.
Please PM these to Roachi

1. Pick a Character from the Studio Ghibli Films
Films only no tv series

2. Create a Studio Ghibli Character!

This can either be for a completely new film you've made up. OR a character you are going to add into one of the current films. For this challenge I expect to have a summary of info on your character & how they fit into this film or what your film is about. Please document this well, as this will be detrimental to your entry.

Details: You may enter 1 of the categories if you choose, there is no obligation to enter both! Well i can't say i am a major anime fan. But bring on studio Ghibli films any day! Who is excited about this round? I think i might even dress up myself! ^^;This round will be a little different & will require a fantastic imagination! If you're up for it. Please read the info above & get started!
As we haven't had a round for awhile, i will be giving away some awesome stuff!

Prizes

(For these to be won there must be 5 entrys in each category)

Pick a Character from the Studio Ghibli Films
1st: 8k & Random CI

2nd: 5k & Random Mene

2. Create a Studio Ghibli Character!
1st: 8k & Random CI
2nd: 5k & Random Mene

Honourable Mentions: 1k Each

Entry Form

Code:
 Image:
Movie/Book/Program etc:
Character:
Image/Reference: (Post links only, no images)
Important details:

Instructions:
Remember to only post in the thread & to ping your entry.

Please do not alter this form, including putting spaces between requirements.

Voting

No form just send in the name(s) of the person/people your voting for, that's it!
Rules when voting:
1. Votes are sent via PM to roachi only, unless otherwise stated.
2. The number of people you can vote for will vary, Roachi will let you know how many you can vote for before voting commences. Do not use your mule.
3. You may not vote for yourself, but your free to vote for other contestants. You can ask friends/members to vote on the contest as a whole. You may not ask them to vote for you specifically. Anyone caught doing this will be automatically disqualified from the current round. To get them to vote, ask them to come to the thread & vote for their favourite(s)!
4. All votes must be in by the designated deadline - Unless otherwise stated by Roachi
5. You may not change your vote once it's been made.

Last edited by Roachi; 10-25-2015 at 04:08 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2010, 04:47 AM

Entrants

Round - 3
Theme - Studio Ghibli

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Image:
Movie/Book/Program etc: Kiki's Delivery Service.
Character: Kiki
Image/Reference: http://i.imgur.com/ArWlSUa.jpg
Important details: have no clue how to fill this in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Image:
Movie/Book/Program etc: The Secret World of Arrietty
Character: Arrietty
Image/Reference: https://filmdump.files.wordpress.com...arrietty-4.jpg
Important details:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Image:
Movie/Book/Program etc: Princess Mononoke
Character: Kodama
Image/Reference: onetwo
Important details:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
Image:

Movie/Book/Program etc: Movie: Ponyo
Character: Fujimoto
Image/Reference: on the ship here in the ship and trying to contain Brunhilde aka Ponyo and here is one with Fujimoto and the rest of the group
Important details: Fujimoto is Brunhilde's (Ponyo's) father and he has a nifty lair under the water as well as a nifty underwater ship. He is a very protective father and although isn't really a villain, the more he tries to keep Ponyo safe, the more she wants to get away.
I decided to make Fujimoto here inside his ship and the little bag with the red fish is Ponyo before she starts to turn into a girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBearKisses View Post

Image:

Movie/Book/Program etc: Spirited Away
Character: Boh
Image/Reference: (Post links only, no images)
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/pictur...ictureid=60156
Important details: Boh has lettering on the bib and I could not find anything to work on top of clothes so imagine that the lettering on the coin in hand is on the outfits belly , also I included a mouse because Boh becomes a mouse =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post

Image:

Movie/Book/Program etc: Spirited Away ^.^
Character: No Face ^.^
Image/Reference: http://i62.tinypic.com/330e16d.jpg
Important details: The bridge is over the water so the blue mountain is symbolizing the water ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post

Image:
Movie/Book/Program etc: Castle in the Sky
Character: Pazu
Image/Reference: Pazu google images > o>
Important details: Uh, he's supposed to look like he's on the island in the sky. I think there were a lot of pretty flowers and gardens? I forget. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
Image:
Movie/Book/Program etc: Laputa, Castle in the sky
Character: Sheeta
Image/Reference: Google Image Result for http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/38700000/Pazu-and-Sheeta-castle-in-the-sky-38770863-221-244.jpg
Important details: this is after she joins the pirates to get her necklace back, hence not having it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Image:
Movie/Book/Program etc: Howl's Moving Castle
Character: Sophie
Image/Reference: x x x x
Important details: I chose a Sophie that had started to turn young again, but was still gray haired. She was often cleaning the castle, and loved the landscape to but up laundry and spend time with the others. I added Calcifer as a fellow friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post

Image:
Movie/Book/Program etc: My Neighbor Totoro
Character: Satsuki Kusakabe
Image/Reference: http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/image_b9660bcf.jpeg
Important details: This is the scene where Satsuki is waiting with her little sister in the rain and Totoro randomly appears.

Last edited by Roachi; 10-25-2015 at 03:55 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2010, 04:48 AM

• Radaradarraaa!

• Have you seen an awesome avi, cosplaying around mene? Do you think its magnificent? Worthy of a prize maybe? Well post them in the thread! Every month, Roachi will pick a winner! And that lucky person will be rewarded with a prize from Roachi's treasure chest! No forms, just Ping these to Roachi in the thread! No limits, nominate them all! :)

• Entries - Round 1 2015 [June]

• Xogizmoox: (Kiss)

• kasakir: (Riku)

• @Xogizmoox; Minion

Last edited by Roachi; 06-28-2015 at 09:12 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-28-2010, 05:10 AM

Continuous Cosplay Winners

Cosplay Addicts Anon. Archive

Round 1 - Disney
Winners: Cora & Linnea
Round 2 - Who's that Pokemon' & Fave Movie Animals
Winners: GummyBearKisses, Emma Corrin, Suona & Xogizmoox

Last edited by Roachi; 10-05-2015 at 08:51 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 02:37 AM

Last edited by Roachi; 04-25-2015 at 06:50 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 02:55 AM

Last edited by Roachi; 04-25-2015 at 07:37 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 04:04 AM

Last edited by Roachi; 04-25-2015 at 08:17 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 04:45 AM

• Continuous Cosplay 2015

• Round 1 - To be Updated

Last edited by Roachi; 04-25-2015 at 08:17 AM..

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 02-07-2010, 05:27 AM

THEME! Start with Disney Character movies - and an opening! <3 You're already in one!

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 06:44 AM

*is confused*
Disney characters do seem to be popular. I'll add that up :)

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Yay~! :'D <3<3 This is finally open! ^^
Hmm, I have no suggestions for a theme at the moment, but when I do have an idea I'll get back to you on that~ >;P <3<3

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 11:05 AM

Lol thanks Nae <3
So how are you this evening?

Rylynne

Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 AM

Right now I'm doing all right~ ^^ Just taking a break before dinner comes, and then I have to get back to work. >.>;;
And you? :'D <3<3

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 11:19 AM

Ohh you doing assignments and stuff? I'm hungry! But it's late here.
Ahh i just got off ernya, and i'm gonna hit the sack shortly. Thought i'd read a bit before sleepies :D

Rylynne

Old 02-07-2010, 11:23 AM

Yeah. D: Else I shall drown helplessly in them tomorrow night, as I'm going to be out tomorrow morning and afternoon to get my police story and cover a forum for my Journalism classes. ^^;;

And I see~ :3 <3<3 What book are you reading right now then, if I may ask? ^^

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 AM

Ohh my busy busy! I wish you the best of luck. Glad it's not me >____<
Ahh well i've been getting into Nicholas Sparks books (im a hopeless romantic) xD. So i just finished reading "the notebook" and now i'm reading true believer. Which is kind of part ghost, part romance. :)

Rylynne

Old 02-07-2010, 11:30 AM

Thank you very much for the luck then. ^^;; I wish it wasn't me as well. D: </3 Lolz. xDD;;
And ohh, Nicholas Sparks! :3 <3<3 I haven't finished any of his books, but I do have a few with me right now, waiting to be read. xDD;;

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 11:34 AM

LOL!! I have heaps of books lying around that need to be read. I should really make a reading list, see how many i can read this year :D. Yeah i love his books, though i have to admit that the notebook, wasn't as good as the movie lol. The movie just blew me away. The book was a bit ... blah to me.

Rylynne

Old 02-07-2010, 11:35 AM

I should try that too. xDD;; Although, I'll probably fail at reading all of them if I attempted it. >.>;; Sad. xDD;;

And really? =O I heard that the book was better, but I dunno, I guess it's all a matter of opinion, right? =) <3<3 I have yet to judge myself as I haven't read the book yet. ^^;;

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 AM

Lol well maybe over summer when you have some spare time? Your pretty busy at the mo.

Yeah i didn't find it as romantic as the movie. But yeah, that's very true. I also felt that new moon (the movie) was better then the book aswell.

Rylynne

Old 02-07-2010, 11:45 AM

Yeah, hopefully. :x <3<3

And ohh, while I'm not a big fan of the Twilight series, I have read the books and yes, New Moon the movie was better than I thought it was gonna be, definitely. xDD;;