Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:05 PM

Yes! This is Easty's avatar contest, there's hardly any avatar contests out there in the AC at the moment, so I thought I would make one of my own!

Sooo...what makes this avatar contest special?

Well, each week I will post an avi (could be male, could be female) and you have to either come up with a twin avi (as in an avi with matching theme or colour scheme, or even oppoising colour scheme, say the avi I post is white with hints of black, yours could be black with hints of white) or the avi's partner, so it could be a male or female version of the avi. You are also allowed to make the avi's arch nemesis, for example if I posted an icy avi, you could make a firey one. Or if I posted a super hero you could post a super villian!

However, I will not accept your avi if it is simply a male or female copy of the avi I have posted, of course you can use some of the key items from the avi I have posted, but an exact copy will not be accepted.

You are allowed to use DAC'S or your own avi!

Also, feel free to add an explaination to your avi, like if you have thought up a storyline for your character, or how they met or your reasons for item choice, they will certainly be taken in to consideration, I like to know that you have thought about your items instead of just throwing them on because they look similiar to the avi I have posted. :) I may even give spot prizes for stories I really like, or have a side contest for the best story behind the avi I post in the future, you never know! :)

Like I have already mentioned this is a weekly contest and will start and finish on a saturday.

Prizes are as follows:

250g - 1st place
100g - 2nd place (if there are 4 or more entries)
50g - 3rd place (if there are 6 or more entries)
25g - 4th place (if there are 8 or more entries)
10g - 5th place (if there are 12 or more entries)

Also the best avi of the month (which I will pick) will get an additional 200g!

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by Eastriel; 03-04-2012 at 09:06 PM..

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:08 PM

This weeks avi!

This is my cosplay of lise, having been woken from her slumber, your tasks is so come up with what has woken her, or people cowering in fear, even her teddy bear - could this have been the reason why it lost it's head!? be creative guys! think out of the box!

week commencing:

saturday 25th feb - saturday sometime in march!? Basically this saturday coming you know the routine guys!

Entry form:
HTML Code:
[URL=http://www.menewsha.com/forum/member.php?u=72052][I]Eastriel[/I][/URL]:
[size=4][color=red] Easty! Easty! Lookie here![/color][/size]
[enter user name here]
[enter avatar here]

Last edited by Eastriel; 02-27-2012 at 09:26 PM..

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:12 PM

Current Entries!

Queen_Andais

Quote:
I am the steam cloud from the puddle of water trapped beneath Lise.
Bloodstainedwings

Quote:
its Peeblo! he cut lise's bear in her sleep causing her to wake in a furry, he runs and escapes, unharmed and all ninja and sneeky like, laughing the whole way home!
llonka

Quote:
Suddenly llonka heard a loud crash and as she looked up, her roomie Lise was ablaze. Lise had been woken up by an unknown being, and llonka was scared, so scared she threw all her dollies off the bed, grabbed her blanket and pillow and ran down the hallway! Will Lise and llonka ever sleep again?
:'D
Wrenji-chan

Quote:
And here's the story! Sorry about the length. :sweat:
Vicky Valentine was puzzled. She wanted to give Lise a gift, but didn't know what to get for her. While looking in the shops, Vicky found the "most adorable teddy bear ever". Its fur was soft, white and very fuzzy. What Vicky thought was the more special was the outfit the bear was wearing. There were several pink bows, and pink ribbons. The bear was covered in pink! Vicky pick it up and squeezed some love into it. "This is the perfect teddy bear! Lise will love it! It's soooooo cute!" she said at the counter. After wrapping the bear in more beautiful pink ribbons and bows, Vicky happy took the presents to Lise.

Lise was sleeping. She does not like to be disturbed when she it sleeping and groaned when she heard Vicky's sing-songy voice at her door. Rising from her bed like a zombie, she shuffled to the door. "Gooooood Morning Lise!" Vicky sang cheerfully.
Lise grumbled a reply. Vicky held out the bear. "I bought you a present! I hope you like it!" Vicky grinned happily.

Lise looked at the mass of pink in Vicky's hands and held the urge to vomit. It was just so pink. Lise had never seen something so pink in her life. Begrudgingly she took the bear from Vicky, knowing if she did not take the gift, Vicky would cry. Lise was still half asleep and did not want to be woken up further. After muttering her thanks and saying bye, she slammed the door and walked back to bed.

Next to her bed she threw the doll on the floor. Something that pink could never grace her black and red bed. When the bear hit the floor it said loudly, "I love you Lise! You're my best friend!" Lise glared at the bear and picked it up again. She squeezed it and the bear said "I love you Lise! You're my best friend!" once more. The tone of the bear voice sounded similar to children's toys - very warbled and slightly distorted. Lise sighed and threw the doll on the floor once more then climbed into bed.

Lise tossed and turned for a few minutes before waking up again. The bear was still repeating those stupid lines. It didn't stop. Try as she might, Lise could not shut the bear off. She could not fall asleep again. The next morning after a night full of sleeplessness, Lise grabbed the bear. "Why won't you stop talking?" she growled. The bear, just smiled and said "I love you Lise! You're my best friend!"

Suddenly, there was a loud crash. In another story, llonka: rushed out of bed to see what the issue might be. In this story, in Lise's bedroom, there was smoke everywhere. Lise, angry and tired at the object that had denied her that precious gift of sleep, had burst into flames. The bear, unable to stand the heat melted slightly before charring and falling apart.

Last edited by Eastriel; 03-14-2012 at 09:25 PM..

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:12 PM

past winners!

Round 1

blueblackrose:

Quote:
Your avatar is all sweet and innocent so I went with a more dark and evil twin. While mine is more twisted she still tries to add a certain innocence to her appearance by holding a lollipop and bear head? Hmm...I wonder where the rest of the bear is? Even though the two of them are complete opposites they still have some similar tastes.

Round 2

Linnea

Quote:
just tried to make opposites... a smiling face, facing the opposite direction, silver instead of gold, black instead of white, the heart in the cage, and the colors of course :)

Round 3

Ferra

Quote:
I got a "time wizard" sort of feel from this, so I made a companion who seems just as fond of birds and just as ill-tempered. They can soar through time together. 8D I tried to make a proper twin while using as few identical items as possible.

Round 1

Ferra

Quote:
Story: These are two daughters from rival clan leaders. Their families have been at war for generations, but the head clansmen have finally agreed to a truce. In a gesture of good will and to signify their new-found alliance, the leaders propose an exchange: they will swap daughters as an incentive to prevent any further quarrels. Neither daughter is happy with the idea, but they're convinced to dress in ceremonial robes and prepare for a new life in the care of their former enemies.

Comments: I tried to copy the draping and silhouette of the original avatar, while viewing it through a different "cultural lens". I got a "tribal" impression from the pattern on the original twin's dress, so I made an avatar from a different tribe with different symbols (gilded hair, feather hairpin). I imagine Eastriel's twin as coming from a bit colder place, hence the need to bundle up so much and wear hats.

Round 5

blueblackrose

Quote:
This is the prince's father. He is a stern man that believes in the long held traditions passed down from generation to generation. "Tradition is what brings our kingdom prosperity." This is what he told the young prince when rejecting the boy's wish to marry his true love instead of the princess of a neighboring kingdom. The wise old king tore out and stomped on the prince's heart and dreams, figuratively speaking of course. He then stormed out of the room leaving the poor boy weeping while he still held the golden rose that he planned to offer his true love when he proposed to her.

Round 6

narcotic dolly

Quote:
With the cage in your hand, I thought bird. So using the colours you used and similar items, I attempted to create a bird worthy of the cage and owner.

Round 6

Suona

Quote:
Walking in the forest was something that she always found soothing. Today something felt particularly special about the deep greyscale forest that she wandered in, though. The air felt light and she could feel a slight buzzing feeling spreading across her pale skin. She took a step forward into a patch of light sifting through the canopy, and closed her eyes, taking in the warmth.

Something light tickled her face and she opened her eyes. Upon her nose sat the most unbelievable thing she'd ever seen before. Colors she'd never seen before flashed in front of her eyes. Opening and closing its wings, the butterfly took flight from her face. Her eyes could not remove themselves from something so beautiful. It fluttered up and up, twisting through the air and making its way behind her. Turning slowly, she watched its every move.

Butterflies were common in the forest, but always the same shades of everything else in her world. This one was special.

Before she knew it, another fluttered into view. But something else caught her eye. One of the rays of light sparkled like never before. It was streaked with these same shades of color that she'd never witnessed. One of the butterflies circled back around and flew towards her head. She reached her hand out, but stopped short. She stared transfixed at her arm as some strange, bright color crept down it.

Last edited by Eastriel; 02-27-2012 at 09:31 PM..

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:13 PM

RESULTS!

Queen_Andais

Quote:
I am the steam cloud from the puddle of water trapped beneath Lise.
Better luck next time hun!

Bloodstainedwings

Quote:
its Peeblo! he cut lise's bear in her sleep causing her to wake in a furry, he runs and escapes, unharmed and all ninja and sneeky like, laughing the whole way home!
bloodstainedwings: FIRST PLACE CONGRATS! I loved the concept and the acuracy of the cosplay is perfect well done!

llonka

Quote:
Suddenly llonka heard a loud crash and as she looked up, her roomie Lise was ablaze. Lise had been woken up by an unknown being, and llonka was scared, so scared she threw all her dollies off the bed, grabbed her blanket and pillow and ran down the hallway! Will Lise and llonka ever sleep again?
:'D
llonka: spot prize well done! I loved your concept and the way you worked with the items you have well done!

Wrenji-chan

Quote:
And here's the story! Sorry about the length. :sweat:
Vicky Valentine was puzzled. She wanted to give Lise a gift, but didn't know what to get for her. While looking in the shops, Vicky found the "most adorable teddy bear ever". Its fur was soft, white and very fuzzy. What Vicky thought was the more special was the outfit the bear was wearing. There were several pink bows, and pink ribbons. The bear was covered in pink! Vicky pick it up and squeezed some love into it. "This is the perfect teddy bear! Lise will love it! It's soooooo cute!" she said at the counter. After wrapping the bear in more beautiful pink ribbons and bows, Vicky happy took the presents to Lise.

Lise was sleeping. She does not like to be disturbed when she it sleeping and groaned when she heard Vicky's sing-songy voice at her door. Rising from her bed like a zombie, she shuffled to the door. "Gooooood Morning Lise!" Vicky sang cheerfully.
Lise grumbled a reply. Vicky held out the bear. "I bought you a present! I hope you like it!" Vicky grinned happily.

Lise looked at the mass of pink in Vicky's hands and held the urge to vomit. It was just so pink. Lise had never seen something so pink in her life. Begrudgingly she took the bear from Vicky, knowing if she did not take the gift, Vicky would cry. Lise was still half asleep and did not want to be woken up further. After muttering her thanks and saying bye, she slammed the door and walked back to bed.

Next to her bed she threw the doll on the floor. Something that pink could never grace her black and red bed. When the bear hit the floor it said loudly, "I love you Lise! You're my best friend!" Lise glared at the bear and picked it up again. She squeezed it and the bear said "I love you Lise! You're my best friend!" once more. The tone of the bear voice sounded similar to children's toys - very warbled and slightly distorted. Lise sighed and threw the doll on the floor once more then climbed into bed.

Lise tossed and turned for a few minutes before waking up again. The bear was still repeating those stupid lines. It didn't stop. Try as she might, Lise could not shut the bear off. She could not fall asleep again. The next morning after a night full of sleeplessness, Lise grabbed the bear. "Why won't you stop talking?" she growled. The bear, just smiled and said "I love you Lise! You're my best friend!"

Suddenly, there was a loud crash. In another story, llonka: rushed out of bed to see what the issue might be. In this story, in Lise's bedroom, there was smoke everywhere. Lise, angry and tired at the object that had denied her that precious gift of sleep, had burst into flames. The bear, unable to stand the heat melted slightly before charring and falling apart.

Wrenji-chan: SECOND PLACE CONGRATS! Loved the avi and the concept, so cute and sooo not lise!

Last edited by Eastriel; 03-14-2012 at 09:26 PM..

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:14 PM

Spare post!

----------

OPEN!!!

Siri: @bloodstianedwings; neller: llonka: Kiako: dragonjake: blueblackrose: Suona: Kent:

Last edited by Eastriel; 01-07-2012 at 06:17 PM..

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 01-07-2012, 06:17 PM

Yay!! Hey Easty :hug: How have you been?

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:17 PM

i've been good roxxyy, please enter :) <3

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 01-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Hmmm, DAC allowed?

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:22 PM

yes oooh i forgot to mention that!

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 01-07-2012, 06:29 PM

Ok. *subscribes*

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 06:31 PM

yyaaaaaayyyyyyy <3

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 PM

I thought you had quit Mene!

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 01-07-2012, 07:11 PM

Oh, this is awesome. I'm going to try this as soon as I finish reading up on some lecture notes.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 01-07-2012, 07:20 PM

This looks interesting Easty. I'll see what I can come up with when I have more time.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-07-2012, 07:25 PM

Aaaw, what a cute idea, East. o 3o

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 07:29 PM

not at all just needed a little break was all, i'm glad you are all so enthusiastic! :) looking foreward ot seeing all of your lovely entries

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Yeah, glad to have you back. ^^
Been forever since i've seen you around.

Loving your current avi, btw. :yes: Great theme and layers! :drool:

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 PM

Haha! I didn't realise I was missed!
And su if you like it please nom me for users pick I haven't had a nom in such a long time :(

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-07-2012, 08:06 PM

You haven't been nommed yet? D:

I would love to nom you, deary. ^^ I think it would be a very deserving nom. I need to get a few noms in before this round ends, too. :yes:

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 PM

Thankyou so much sweetie it really is appreciated, I only ask because my avi doesn't really get that much exposure as I onlu really post in this forum as this is where the people I love to talk to are :) I missed all of you, and I miss seeing excellent avi's like yours susu :) (do you mind if I call you that lol)

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-07-2012, 08:34 PM

You're more than welcome. ^^
I can understand. Its been awhile since i've been nommed in there, too. Doesn't happen so much these days.

We missed you, too. o 3o
Aw, thank you. C:
And yes, you can call me that. :yes:

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 01-07-2012, 08:45 PM

Easty hasn't been playing Sims Social :no:

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 01-07-2012, 08:59 PM

This is how you play with the elements~

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 01-07-2012, 09:02 PM

Yayyy I an call you susun and hunni I will enter you...though on a week when I am not entered else I will have no hope of winning :P

And roxxy wjat about sims social?

And you guys know you can add me on face book anytime just message me anytime and I will tell you my fullname :)