Yume`
no longer here.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:10 AM

Aww, there there. *pats* :)

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 05:10 AM

@Yume: I haven't started university classes yet. XD But if you meant community college, it was a lot of fun. ^^

It felt like how high school should have been as far as classes go, but with a looser structure so I could come and go as I pleased. It was strange to get used to not having a bell ring ever to let you know when class was over. XD

@fiarra: So that's where you were! But no biggie, I hope to keep this active for a while anyways. :3

Yume`
no longer here.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:13 AM

Yeah that's what I meant. :3 What about the people? Not as immature I hope? XD

I hear college is a lot different and more fun than high school. I'm kinda leaning towards that being true.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 05:17 AM

Well let me tell you, I hated high school so much that's why I left early. XD I started college when I was 16 through a program that let me take college classes instead of high school ones (for free!) and earn dual credit.

I definitely felt more at home there, even if there was less social interaction than the high school, which was mostly my fault. I didn't join many clubs, but I became pretty close with my Japanese language classmates while I was there.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 AM

You started college at 16? That's really awesome.
Though it's making me feel totally insuperior. xD

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 05:23 AM

It's not like I'm super smart or anything. XD; You just had to have a moderately high GPA.

I must be off for the night! <3 Be back tomorrow folks.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-19-2008, 05:25 AM

It's still awesome, though! Then you graduate earlier, and have to deal with less highschool.
But then again, I'm envious of anyone with an actual education. xD;

Yume`
no longer here.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:28 AM

Are you serious? They let you do that? O.O
I wish I had known that.. I'm not sure my grades would have qualified as "moderately high". :XD I have no idea.
You got to learn Japanese as a course too?
Have a nice night! :3

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 09-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Indeed that is where I was! And it ended up being kinda a shit night sadly, but I think things will work out in the end. And you best be keeping the thread active!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 04:27 PM

@Cherry: well I don't have a degree in anything beyond a general Associates yet, so I can't say I've had an "actual education", but I'm working on it. XD

@Yume: Well if you live in America, check out a program called Running Start. I'm not sure it's available in every state, but it's worth a shot. You can only enter the program in your Junior/Senior years and you can choose to attend full time or part time (some classes would be at the high school). I chose full time.

@fiarra: I'm sorry! D: Clubs can cause a lot of drama (assuming it was club related). I hope things get resolved.

fiarra

Old 09-19-2008, 04:34 PM

Eh it's alright. Clubs bring dramafests and omg the anime club at that school is just terrible. The 2 years I was running it, there was something huge every year that threatened to just break all my sanity. And last year my bf was running it (same with this year) and it was the same thing all over again, just with different people.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 04:38 PM

I don't get why that group of people seem to cause such ridiculous problems. >__<; *was part of an anime club in my early high school years* Every group seems to have at least one drama queen, but it seems especially bad for anime groups.

Yume`
no longer here.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:44 PM

Too late for that, I was a senior last year. XD;
Oh well. x3

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 04:45 PM

Ah well, at least you got through it. ^^

fiarra

Old 09-19-2008, 04:45 PM

That's what my boyfriend and I can't figure out. The penchant for drama seems incresed by sooo much when you're dealing with a group of anime fans. It's a shame really cuz I feel like as fans we should be united to enjoy something awesome and not let it be marred by petty drama. Maybe anime fans as a whole feel like they are so omg unique and feel the need to be treated as such?

I dunno.... -_-

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 04:50 PM

I really don't get it either. Most of mine are pretty okay, which is why we've stuck together. But back in the day, lawdy...

I actually had a falling out with someone over anime, but it was because she was using whatever she could to drive a wedge between me and my other friend, so they decided that they'd make up rules about which anime I could and couldn't watch/like based on if they saw it before I did. It was the dumbest thing, but since anime wasn't as important as a friendship to me, I let it go on for a while until I was pushed too far.

Yume`
no longer here.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:51 PM

Some anime fans really think they're something else. XD
I read manga and I love that kind of stuff including drawing it, but I wouldn't cause drama over it.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 04:53 PM

Same here. :0 Except the drawing part; I suck at drawing.

fiarra

Old 09-19-2008, 05:05 PM

That sounds pretty lame of your friend. I have a thing where I don't let my little sister read manga I've bought until I've read it once. But that's just me being weird. xD But that whole anime thing is just strange.

We just had a couple trouble-makers in the club and I ended up turning them into the police so it drove a rift between one of my best friends at the time who thought I had betrayed her trust in doing so. =S

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 05:11 PM

Oh wow. o__o; Police involved doesn't sound good.

She's not my friend anymore (and I'm glad, she stopped being my friend pretty early on, but she was stealing away another friend that I introduced her to, which is why I put up with it so long). It turns out she has a pattern of befriending two friends, turning one against the other, and then moving on. She did it with one of my other friends back in middle school (I found out later) and again at college since she did Running Start too.

Well I have a hair appointment I have to get to, so be back later! :D

fiarra

Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 PM

Well see.... he wanted to be a ninja. And he did it by breaking into academic buildings at night and messing with computers.. or wandering in the construction areas... or climbing on the rooftops and throwing things from them. All while carrying around live steel hidden in a duct tape wrapped scabbard. The police sent out a requets for info on someone who had been breaking into office;s in the school of business and changing passwords. I had IM transcripts of my friend and I were she told me about all his shenanigans so I went to the police.

It wasn't pretty.

Yume`
no longer here.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:34 PM

O.O
Sounds like a crazed anime fan.. That's not something you should do if you want to be a "ninja". >.>
Good thing you called the police. :sweat:

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 07:59 PM

I agree. o__o; Goodness, that guy is a loon if he thinks he can become a ninja and uses that as an excuse to break into things/damage property.

Yume`
no longer here.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:10 PM

It reminds me of this video I saw on youtube where a kid thought he was Gaara and his friends buried him alive in his sandbox.
He died.. :(

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 09-19-2008, 08:33 PM

They have a video of that? o__o; Or do you mean the news broadcast?

Sadly that was in my home state, so there was a lot of hubbub about it. It was sad, but you have to wonder what kid thinks he can stick his head in the sand and still breath. ^^; And why his friends went along with it. They weren't that young.