Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 02-19-2014, 04:53 AM

I'm going to put this here, because this technically a "things I want" thread: British Museum - Events - Study day - From Enlightenment to Romanticism: study day with the Open University

This is on in a little over two weeks? Rude.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-19-2014, 11:53 PM

Maybe someone can help!

I really like this top from Oasis, but it looks like the site doesn't stock it anymore:

The collar is a lot more interesting than most and both the sleeve-cut and fit of the shirt are a little more professional than the average sleeveless top. And the original version only cost $17! I would have bought it in a second if I knew about it in time.

The only other versions I can find seems to be ridiculously expensive compared this one.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 03-20-2014, 02:53 AM

Apparently the search keywords are "oasis metallic collar top"
But I can't seem to find any at the moment.

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 03-20-2014 at 02:57 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-20-2014, 11:55 PM

jellysundae:

Similar:
H&M Blouse
Oasis Blouse
Sleeveless Oasis Blouse

Or consider getting a collar and wearing it with a simple black top:
Romwe Silver Collar Necklace
Lot #1
Beaded
Lot #2
ASOS Collar
Pearl Collar
Gold Collar Necklace

Or go to the women's accessories section of ebay and search "collar."

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 03-21-2014, 01:48 AM

Cherry, you are a whiz at finding things!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-21-2014, 04:36 AM

It's just about knowing some key sites and what search terms are most likely to net the right results. Reverse image searching on google can be helpful too.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 PM

Awesome, thank you! There are a couple versions there that I might be able to buy.

But you also pinged Jelly instead of me, so you're only getting half the gratitude that I can muster.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-22-2014, 01:45 AM

Your name is pink and you're dressed a bit like Jelly, I honestly can't be blamed. But uh... yeah, sorry. Those are all (except Romwe) from UK sites, so I guess that's all a bit worthless. The H&M top might be offered on the US site, and most of those collars from ebay seem to be from wholesalers, so you could probably find those on the US site too.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 03-22-2014, 07:00 AM

Oh yeah, that reverse image search is the most helpful thing ever, especially for finding what brand things are.

Knerd

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-22-2014, 03:07 PM

I've recently started to really appreciate H&M. They have a lot of clothes that suit my style, and most of it is within my price range, so I'm making it a point to check out their local store more often. It's just a shame that so much women's clothing is sheer! I've got no problem layering, but there comes a point when it's ridiculous. I don't want to have to buy three different pieces just so that I can wear one pretty blouse.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 03-22-2014, 10:07 PM

H&M has been fun for me, but I've really been able to enjoy it since I started shopping in the men's section. Good lines to the clothing and noticeable better material.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-23-2014, 11:03 PM

Reverse image searching clothes is also a huge boon if you buy from shops that are just selling directly from Chinese manufacturers. I just bought a dress that was $22 on the site I first found it on, $17 on the site I bought it from, and a whopping $40-something on another site. Jeeeeeeez.

Ugh, this sheer clothing trend is just the worst. Things NEVER look so nice when there's a cami visible under them. The straps of the cami just interrupt the look of the shirt and blegh. A couple years ago I had a problem with everything having a ridiculously huge neckline. Not just a deep V, but just huge all around. Even with a demi-cut bra, I'd be fighting to keep my bra covered all day, constantly pulling up my shirt. Such a pain. WHY?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2014, 11:41 PM

I hate tops that do that >.> I'm not into cleavage flashing with any clothes, and your bra showing is just tacky. I find H&M good, too. There's only a percentage of things of theirs that I like, but there's always something. My one pair of smart black trousers is theirs. I did take them in as the bottoms were a couple of inches wider than my preference (they're bootcut) but they are the perfect length (they are the long size), which is a miracle in itself. Sadly the closest H&M is in Nottingham, one hour away on the train. I think I'll add them to my Ebay searches though.

The likelihood of me every buying anything new ever again is pretty slim, just can't afford it. Though I did get that Pepperberry cardi that I said I imagined Biggles would like.No, I lie, I got two in their sale :O
This one:and this one:

And a dress. I was bad and naughty with this :O I ordered it and it didn't arrive, about 3 weeks later I rang them and told them this and they refunded me. About a month later it finally turned up and I kept it So I'm a wicked person.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 03-24-2014, 03:48 AM

I've decided what I need to get is a tailor. Show them the pictures of that triple collared dress/top, and that tweedy blazer cardigan. And find someone to knit me some other stuff.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-24-2014, 04:58 AM

Oh my goodness, that dress is adorable, Jelly! Those cardigans are fantastic too.

H&M is a fantastic search term on ebay. Always nets lots of stuff. Fancy enough that people bother to A) sell it, and B) list the store name, but cheap enough that it's affordable and there's a lot of it.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-24-2014, 04:09 PM

Yeah, I love the dress =3 Don't know if I'll ever wear it, lol, but I couldn't resist it, though it is too big. Because it's a Bravissimo/Pepperberry dress and they have boob sizes within each dress size, so while it's the right dress size it's a super curvy which I knew was going to be too big on the chest. That's the most generous of their 3 chest fittings, where as I was right on the cusp between the other 2. The lady on the phone said that was the only dress they had left so she'd send it and I could try it, though I suspected she didn't think it would fit either. But I should have no problem taking it in along the chest seams.
Well, apart from that thing you know about...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-26-2014, 02:13 AM

If anyone can find me a dress remotely similar to this:
Meow's the Moment Dress

cheaper, I'd be eternally greatful. Essentially: cat pattern, twee style, casual enough for day wear, cool colors. Otherwise, I'll be dropping $50 on a dress come next paycheck.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2014, 03:00 AM

This isn't that close, but it's hella cheap as it's from Hong Kong, so also free shipping. Likely to also be crap quality too though, because it's from Hong Kong.

Womens Girl's European Fashion Crewneck Cat Print Short Sleeve Ladies Mini Dress | eBay

Entirely not what you're looking for, but ridiculously cute none-the-less!

Womens Lovely Cats Crewneck Knitted Sweater Knitwear Dress Jumper Top Cardigans | eBay
Same deal with cheap, and free shipping.

Again not what you were looking for, but cats. Horrible nylon lining material by the look of it.

Fashion Women Ladies Long Sleeve Polka Dots Dress Cats Print Chiffon Mini Dress | eBay

This one's a private UK sale, but it's cute.
Retro mini dress with cat design and pearlised collar | eBay

Womens Casual Chiffon Cats Printed Workpatch Sleeveless Blouson Vogue New Dress | eBay

Women's Cute Doll Collar Mini Dress Dot Cat Bowknot Print Empire Waist Sundress | eBay

None are quite what you are looking for, sorry!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-26-2014, 04:03 AM

Those are super cute, though! I like that last one the most.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2014, 04:16 AM

And that's the cheapest! Gonna risk it?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-26-2014, 04:39 AM

Hmm, $7.19 with free shipping. Y'know, I basically don't see a reason not to. Might browse around ebay a little more, though, see what other ultra cheap goodies the hong kong wholesalers have to offer me.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2014, 04:51 AM

There's bound to be more really cheap stuff, and shoddy stitching etc. can be easily fixed. Good luck finding more cute!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-26-2014, 05:40 AM

You say that, but that I've had a sweater that's needed mending for over a year now.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 03-26-2014, 08:39 AM

I just fixed this cool charcoal pleather panel top I have. I feel so handy. What is it with yours, Cherr? Is it the armpit seam?
Probably don't need me adding things to your pile, but I found this cat dress as well: Collared Cat Dress · SYNDROME · Online Store Powered by Storenvy
+ http://syndromestore.com/collections...e-cat-long-top

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 03-26-2014 at 08:43 AM..