View Single Post
Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-13-2014, 06:42 AM

Maybe schedule meat days? Meat isn't always the most important, but it's a good starting point to centralize dishes if you don't want to focus too much on a single fruit or veggie. Let's say

Sunday: fish (something with scales)
Monday: chicken (grilled)
Tuesday: beef/pork
Wednesday: fish (bottom feeder)
Thursday: chicken (baked/fried)
Friday: fish (rotating between scales and squid/octopus/urchin)
Saturday: beef

With the beef you can go ground, like for burgers, or steaks whenever you want. Chicken is nice for a routine, and when it comes to the fish, so long as you know what type of fish you want to use, you can plan whatever you want; boiled, raw, grilled, fried, baked... whatever fills your crave that day. (you definitely don't have to take my advice, I can hardly follow it what with the way I buy groceries and skip meals!)

A meat schedule will also help you rotate between noodles and rice. I've tried making that ramen you see in anime and it's freaking delicious. I always use chicken, though, so I'm not really creative. And maybe switch it up on cultures a little bit? Maybe one or two Western days a week. It fits in your current wheelhouse and would be a nice treat! Also- bread. I LOVE BREAD.

I want to keep talking about this, but it's making me super hungry, so I'll end this post with two dishes I love: Goulash and Curry. Tomorrow (or at this point later today) I'm making myself a nice little pot. I'm not sure if I'll use a crock pot or stove top, but there's just something wonderfully filling about egg noodles, seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, onions, corn, peas, and stock all mixed together. And back to the subject of bread; one of my favorite treats is buying Golden Curry Mix, mixing everything together (including the rice) and eating it in a bun like a one-meal sandwich. I think I'm going to go out running and buy some...